• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
For people who take baths- do you stand up and wash your hair afterwards in the shower, or do you wash & rinse in the tub?
I find I lose the relaxing value of the tub if I shower after

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
thanks for clarifying on the "head hair" part.

wash in tub, dunk my face backwards to wet, I shampoo, then dunk again and rinse out under water.

there's something about washing my face in water that my dirty ass has been in that turns me away from baths.

Why not shower first and wash your hair, then enjoy the bath?

Can't stand not rinsing after washing my hair, body and shaving. Ick. I have a shower attachment on my tub. I wash my hair first... then when I'm done bathing I rinse myself and the tub with the shower attachment.

I'd have to shower to wash my hair after a bath, if I had time for baths.

It's a tightly choreographed 2 minute teeth-brushing, 2-3 minute shave, 3-4 minute shower routine.

Haven't taken a bath in years.

The traditional Japanese method rather makes sense to me: wash first, then get in the tub and soak.

I have a bad tub, though; it's a lovely corner whirlpool bath.... but oval, so it's wide and short. I can't stretch out much in it (I'm 6 feet tall) so my knees stick out and get chilly, while there's a lot of wasted water to the sides. I shower instead.

For me showers are for washing body and hair. They happen at least in the morning. Baths are for relaxing tired muscles or taking the chill off at night.

I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

only have a bath - no shower.
i usually lay down to wet my hair, but then use a cup when i rinse it.

I can't lay down in the tub.

qcumber98 said:   I can't lay down in the tub.

why not?

your wife and kids or dog won't let you?
you don't have a bath?

sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

I am man enough to admit I enjoy the occasional soak in the tub, especially after a nice long day of doing manly outdoor activities (fishing, hiking, skiing, exc.). Relaxation shouldn't be catered to only one sex, even if that is how it is portrayed in public.

quats said:   I'm 6 feet tall

How you doin'??

a) I take showers, not baths

b) What hair???

Another interesting question perhaps suited to Finance>General Economics>Water is a cost-benefit analysis of shower vs bath (i.e. volume of water consumed and water bill).

I haven't taken a bath in a LONG time. But when I did take baths, I would bend over the tub and wash my hair under the faucet before the bath.

Why not wash your hair first and then take the bath?

HorB said:   For me showers are for washing body and hair. They happen at least in the morning. Baths are for relaxing tired muscles or taking the chill off at night. I shower in the morning, and take baths at night. I got into the habit of night baths when my son was young and the sound of the water running would drown out his colicky screams and I'd get a few minutes to myself. I light candles and read in there still. Takes the chill out of me in the winter.

sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to doFor me, it's bubble or nothing.

pecanpie said:   qcumber98 said:   I can't lay down in the tub.

why not?

you don't have a bath?

no, i don't have a dog. but every time i go to take a shower, my cat is swimming in the tub.

pecanpie said:   qcumber98 said:   I can't lay down in the tub.

why not?

you don't have a bath?
because he's such a cow, duh

We have an old house, early 1900s, so on the main level we have a tub and the basement has a shower (but that's dirty and I'd rather bathe upstairs. Anyway, I wash my hair first and proceed.

There's nothing wrong with baths. It's nice being able to soak and relax sore back muscles. That is the nice thing, being able to lay down in the hot water and not having to rush out to not use up too much water.

DutchDutch said:   there's something about washing my face in water that my dirty ass has been in that turns me away from baths.

Why not shower first and wash your hair, then enjoy the bath?

How dirty is your ass that 35 gallons of water is still not enough dilution to clean your head

I would love to take a bath, but the only bathtub is in the bathroom shared by DS12, DS10 and sometimes DH.
To take a bath in there would mean a major tub cleaning every time and even if I did that and tried to get into the tub and soak, someone would be knocking on the door every few minutes, DH would want to sneak in to grope me and the cats would be meowing outside the door wondering where "mom" went. Not relaxing.

sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

cowboys back yonder were all chicks? back then I think they took baths on saturday to get ready to go to town, so a little diluted ass water ain't never killed no one. America 2010 is a nation a vain lil' sissies. Take a bath in outside artesian well & pond, shit in a 5 gallon bucket once in your life, be a man.

FrugalFreak said:   sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

cowboys back yonder were all chicks? back then I think they took baths on saturday to get ready to go to town, so a little diluted ass water ain't never killed no one. America 2010 is a nation a vain lil' sissies. Take a bath in outside artesian well & pond, shit in a 5 gallon bucket once in your life, be a man.

I was right behind you, FF, til you made the bucket comment!

JorgeBurrito said:   sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

I am man enough to admit I enjoy the occasional soak in the tub, especially after a nice long day of doing manly outdoor activities (fishing, hiking, skiing, exc.). Relaxation shouldn't be catered to only one sex, even if that is how it is portrayed in public.

I will never forget a picture that was in my sophomore year human sexuality textbook.
It was a pic of a big gangly guy with a mustache lying in a bathtub and the caption said:
Soaking in a hot bath is an excellent way to get in touch with your sensual side."

sublimosa said:   FrugalFreak said:   sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

Oh, hell... even I've shat in a bucket.

Inlaws own land that has an extremely old house on it. They use the land to hunt and fish... and we'd go there on weekends. No running water. Washed my hair under a cold spigot a time or twelve and shat in a bucket when it was too damn cold to make the trek to the outhouse.

I don't go there anymore (the land... or the bucket) (don't like the in-laws)... but they built a metal building and put a fully functional kitchen, bath and bedrooms in about 10 years ago.

Shower 99.9% of the time.
With a bath, I wash face first and rinse with water from the tap (I put scented gunk in the bathwater that would likely irritate my face) then soak and wash, when I am ready to get out, I wash hair and then rinse hair and body with shower.
Usually it is just for soaking and maybe shaving legs, though.

shopliftinginva said:   I light candles and read in there still.You can read and light candles in the bathroom without taking a bath.

eta,

First, wash your hair and thoroughly rinse out all the shampoo.

tHEN Rub the bread first into the scalp and hair and even the skin

conditioner

sublimosa said:   FrugalFreak said:   sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

Happiness is taking a dump in an unheated latrine on a Saturday morning at 6am while it's <=25F outside.

light a fire

Thread is rapidly heading down the road to be locked. Much like the corn dog thread.

Only if i mention congress lame duck

eta,During far too many recent years, the main reason for lame duck sessions has been Congress' failure to complete its work on the spending, or "appropriations" bills that form the basis of the annual federal budget. By law, the federal budget process, including passage of the spending bills, begins the first Monday in February of each year and should be concluded by October 1st, the start of the federal government's Federal Fiscal Year. Failing to pass the spending bill by October 1, Congress is compelled to pass "continuing resolutions," legislation that allows the government operate temporarily without an approved budget at the previous year's spending levels.

Can you believe school kids still sing the song three men in a tub?????

rgilbert said:   Only if i mention congress lame duck

I have a rubber ducky I like to take baths with. It is not lame at all.

mapatsfan said:   Happiness is taking a dump in an unheated latrine on a Saturday morning at 6am while it's <=25F outside.

I believe you're mistaken about that.

moonbeam said:   mapatsfan said:   Happiness is taking a dump in an unheated latrine on a Saturday morning at 6am while it's <=25F outside.

.goodquotes.com/funnythoughts

When people say, "Iím so tired it's not even funny" or "my head hurts so much it's not even funny", why would it even be funny in the first place?
Do stairs go up or down?
Why is there a top line on lined paper if we never use it?
Do coffins have lifetime guarantees?
Why do the numbers on phones go down while the numbers on calculators go up?
If Hooters were to become a door-to-door service would they have to change
their name to Knockers?

moonbeam said:   mapatsfan said:   Happiness is taking a dump in an unheated latrine on a Saturday morning at 6am while it's <=25F outside.

Depends on point of view. Yes, it's an order of magnitude less nice than one's heated bathroom at home, but it's better than having nothing but a leafless oak tree to hide behind in that situation.

Skipping 8 Messages...
mapatsfan said:   sublimosa said:   FrugalFreak said:   sgtdave4321 said:   I didn't think this many men took baths... it seems like a more chick thing to do

Happiness is taking a dump in an unheated latrine on a Saturday morning at 6am while it's <=25F outside.

that depends on whether or not you did so by choice or by circumstance...
I can tell you, the first thing I wanted to do when I got home from overseas was to sit in my own warm bathroom and sit on my own clean toilet free of spiders and stench.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014