• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
They send you an email letting you know you unsubscribed.

9 of 10 times I unsubscribe because I get emails too frequently, otherwise I just delete the occasional once a month email. Not worth opening to unsubscribe.
The other 1 of 10 times I unsubscribe because the store is not around me anymore, I don't shop there, it was a one time online purchase, etc.

But, really. Why is sending a confirmation email about the unsubscription necessary? Why not email me if it DOESN'T work?!

DutchDutch said:   Why not email me if it DOESN'T work?!I can see it now:
1:00PM Did DutchDutch just try, unsuccessfully, to unsubscribe? Hmm, I'm not sure if he tried and failed or didn't try at all. To be safe, I'll email to let him know he hasn't unsubscribed.
1:01PM Did DutchDutch just try again to unsubscribe? Maybe he tried, maybe he didn't. I can't be sure, so I'll send him an email.
1:02PM I can see where this is going. Screw it, I'm sending him an email.

I guess companies figure that there are roving bands of internet pranksters going to websites and unsubscribing people against their will.

They sell your email address.

0AfterRebates said:   They sell your email address."thanks for verifying that this is a valid email address by unsubscribing. i'll sell this on my 'good' list"

I have a personal account that is used for that reason alone. ... Personal email. I NEVER give it out/publish it anywhere. I have another account that I use for purchases. This cuts back big time on these issues.

0AfterRebates said:   They sell your email address.And apparently get a higher price for it than if the person had never asked to be dropped.

larrymoencurly said:   0AfterRebates said:   They sell your email address.And apparently get a higher price for it than if the person had never asked to be dropped.

is that like when a woman plays hard to get?

Confirmation is sent by law. Not because they want to.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014