• filter:
  • 1170171172173 174
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
If Obama wanted to be partisan, he wouldn't have appointed 2 Republicans to his cabinet. and ACA would be universal Medicare, not the right-wing Heritage Foundation's health insurance plan that was first implemented by Republican Mitt Romney in Massachusetts.

The facts disagree with you.

rated:
0bama passed ACA without one single Republican vote. He could have passed anything he could convince his fellow Democrats to pass.

And he gave us this crap. Hell I probably would have voted for him this last election if he gave us meaningful Healthcare reform and not corporate welfare for insurance companies.

rated:
This is indeed a bipartisan compromise, back when Obama was naive he thought he could get Republicans to vote for the ACA with enough compromise. Looking back on what the Republicans have been doing for the last 7 years that seems pretty silly of him. Ignoring that, weren't you just giving Obama shit about how polarizing he is. He passed what is basically the Republican plan for health care reform as of early 2000's and look how much Republicans lost their shit. Can you imagine what would have happened if he passed universal health care?

rated:
He pushed a shitty bill. It was a shitty bill when the Republicans pushed it and it was a shitty bill when Obama pushed it. This fake soundbite that the law is bipartisan because the insurance lobby bought off both sides needs to stop. It's crap law.

And yes, you are trying to defend ACA to a registered Republican that thinks this country needs single payer. So get over it.

rated:
Thankfully Hillary will be along soon, and we know her views on the Single Payer solution we need.

rated:
RS4Rings said:   Race relations are much worse now than before Obama was elected, same goes for bipartisanship 
  Who's fault?

rated:
scrouds said:   
KayK said:   
scrouds said:   It's very interesting that Obama is so polarizing he'd elicit responses such as being the antichrist and saying they believe he's not born here and a Muslim.
Saying that a Christian person is a antichrist Muslim not born in US does not mean the person is polarizing. It means those who say that are idiots. Heck.. they were saying all of those things long before presidential elections.
And then there "smart" conservatives like Trump and his long birther stance.. who I have no answer for. How can someone so successful and smart be so stupid?

You've got your cause and effect reversed.  He is polarizing, so people say these things.

What has he done to polarize, other than not cave 100% to the right wing? Nothing.  It's you people who are the polarizers.

rated:

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
RS4Rings said:   Race relations are much worse now than before Obama was elected, same goes for bipartisanship 
  Who's fault?

Obama and the voters. This feel good lets elect a black guy so we can feel good about ourselves has been a total failure. I'm sure I will be called a racist because that is easier than just admitting the wrong person was chosen. No first term Jr senator who's only real  experience was being a community organizer is ready to step into the Presidency. 

rated:
scrouds said:   0bama passed ACA without one single Republican vote. He could have passed anything he could convince his fellow Democrats to pass.

And he gave us this crap. Hell I probably would have voted for him this last election if he gave us meaningful Healthcare reform and not corporate welfare for insurance companies.

They're so polarizing.  They did the same with the Clinton budget bill in 1993, but they later took credit for the benefits.

rated:
RS4Rings said:   
larrymoencurly said:   
  Who's fault?

Obama and the voters. This feel good lets elect a black guy so we can feel good about ourselves has been a total failure. I'm sure I will be called a racist because that is easier than just admitting the wrong person was chosen. No first term Jr senator who's only real  experience was being a community organizer is ready to step into the Presidency. 

Not Obama or his voters.

You won't be called a racist by me, but then the last fight I had with my Republican, hippie-hating father was when I said racism wasn't usually the reason people opposed Obama.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   scrouds said:   0bama passed ACA without one single Republican vote. He could have passed anything he could convince his fellow Democrats to pass.

They're so polarizing.  They did the same with the Clinton budget bill in 1993, but they later took credit for the benefits.

You think that's bad can you believe those damn polarizing Republicans fought FDR on the lend lease program?

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
mapatsfan said:   President threatened to shoot down Israeli jets if they attacked Iranian nuclear facilities last year
To save Israel

Israel's proven it can take care of itself; with an ally like the current US President, it has to.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email Account at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules
I was watching a news/politics show today where they were discussing this. They insisted it was NBD. Seriously? Using a personal email acct for business would get me fired in a heartbeat due to both security issues and maintenance requirements. Hilary deals with subjects that are infinitely more confidential than I do, so how could she possibly think this is ok?

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
ZenNUTS said:   
larrymoencurly said:     HuffingtonPost has long been wacky on medical issues, and that completely validates anything Fox News says.
  Interesting, how's that work?  How's one wacky site validate another one.  Explain.  

Any Bill O'Reilly fan can explain it to you.

I dont' know any, so why dont' you try.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
mapatsfan said:   President threatened to shoot down Israeli jets if they attacked Iranian nuclear facilities last year
To save Israel

Maybe he just so darn smart then any of his sec of defense and sec of states. Why even bother to have cabinet member when you are the smartest guy in the room?  It should have never got this bad.

Natanyahu can be a jack *** but the O got no personal connection to force him to back off on the very public fighting.  How about the other public slapping by Merkle last year?  There's a clear path of pattern as evident by the airing of frustration by multiple ex-cabinet members.  All the apologies sure didn't buy US much points abroad.  They don't have to like you, but they have to respect you.  I sure don't sense much respect from US friends or foe at this point.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   
larrymoencurly said:   
To save Israel

Maybe he just so darn smart then any of his sec of defense and sec of states. Why even bother to have cabinet member when you are the smartest guy in the room?  It should have never got this bad.

Natanyahu can be a jack *** but the O got no personal connection to force him to back off on the very public fighting.  How about the other public slapping by Merkle last year?  There's a clear path of pattern as evident by the airing of frustration by multiple ex-cabinet members.  All the apologies sure didn't buy US much points abroad.  They don't have to like you, but they have to respect you.  I sure don't sense much respect from US friends or foe at this point.

Others nations opinions of the US since Obama took office are much improved versus the Bush years.  They still don't like us at all in the middle east but when we continue to bomb them and perform drone strikes that is not too big of a surprise (note...I am not even necessarily saying we shouldn't be doing this).  
http://www.pewglobal.org/database/indicator/1/survey/all/

Besides, the previous Republican president started two unnecessary multi trillion dollar wars.  If my choices are between that and Obama foreign policy that is a really really really easy choice.

rated:
moonbeam said:   
mapatsfan said:   Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email Account at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules
I was watching a news/politics show today where they were discussing this. They insisted it was NBD. Seriously? Using a personal email acct for business would get me fired in a heartbeat due to both security issues and maintenance requirements. Hilary deals with subjects that are infinitely more confidential than I do, so how could she possibly think this is ok?

Definitely seems like a pretty bad choice to me.  I don't really care that she used a personal email address, but I do care that those emails did not appear to be properly backed up and retained.

rated:
RS4Rings said:   
larrymoencurly said:   
  Who's fault?

I don't see Obama as a failure at all.  I think he was naive in what he thought he could accomplish and what he promised during his 2008 campaign, but no where near a failure.  Health care reform is a BFD, even if not what I would have liked to seen.  His policies likely prevented a depression and is now  creating jobs at record levels.  We have ended one war, winding down a second, and for the most part stayed out of stupid military conflicts we have no business being in. Introduced a core set of standards into our education system that is based on what nations that do far better than us use.  exc.

rated:
JorgeBurrito said:   This is indeed a bipartisan compromise, back when Obama was naive he thought he could get Republicans to vote for the ACA with enough compromise.
  "Bipartisan compromise" isn't passing something without a single Republican vote and needing all sorts of backroom deals and bribes even to get Democrats on board.  

Obama and Harry Reid and the gang are so partisan and extremist and uncompromising that they shut down the government when all they had to do is either fund everything everyone agreed on, (everything except Obamacare), and then fight about Obamacare after that, OR to simply delay the individual Obamacare mandate for one year like Obama waved his hand and magically did for big corporations and big unions.  Extremist, uncompromising Obama refused to give the same one-year Obamacare mandate delay that he had already given to big business, and he shut down the government because of it.   

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   

What has he done to polarize, other than not cave 100% to the right wing? Nothing.  It's you people who are the polarizers.

Obama and Holder being racists is a bit polarizing.  That's what I hear from "typical white people" who aren't "his people" anyway.

And then there's all those times Obama took the law into his own hands like a tyrant.  Or things such as when his head NSA guy lied to the face of Congress, and instead of getting charged for it he got a promotion.  Or, throw a dart and pick a subject where "the most transparent administration" has been anything but.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   

That was so great when the economy really took off... around 1998, when Democrat Bill Clinton cut capital gains by a huge amount.  A bigger amount than Bush did later (which lots of Democrats still complain about and say hurt the economy and budget).  Democrat Bill Clinton cutting the "rich people's" tax.  Because Democrat Bill Clinton loves rich people and hates poor people, I guess, if we use the same logic Democrats say about Bush cutting capital gains taxes.  Though it's too bad how Democrat Bill Clinton left George Bush a recession as George Bush was entering office. 

And then there's Obama, whom we need to credit with getting Democrats on board with all the Bush policies he continued or made worse.  Policies Democrats used to hate and make signs with Hitler pictures of Bush on them, or marched in the street about.  But when Obama does things like spy on everyone and record everything you do, wiretaps your cell phone and emails, has his NSA cyber attack the biggest sim card company in the world in a different country and steal all of their sim card encryptions, (didn't he get upset recently when someone did that to Sony?), bombs more countries than Bush did, (with two years yet to raise that number), drones random innocent people including children, pushes for the power to put you in prison forever without even being charged with a crime... if Bush did that, Democrats would be throwing a fit, but Obama does it and Democrats love it.

rated:
scrouds said:   Did you want to say anything else about the big bad evil corporations before everyone else goes back to discussing other issues?
  Why? You seem to want to discus them.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
scrouds said:   Did you want to say anything else about the big bad evil corporations before everyone else goes back to discussing other issues?
  Why? You seem to want to discus them

I bet they don't pay their taxes either!

rated:
I changed my mind based on scientific findings. Wow, does that ever happen?

Respect!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/03...

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I changed my mind based on scientific findings. Wow, does that ever happen?

Respect!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/03...

What a sellout lol.

My issue with GMO crops has been ridiculous patent lawsuits and creating crops that cannot reproduce.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1170171172173 174
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015