• filter:
  • 1167168169170 171
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
deusxmachina said:   
larrymoencurly said:   
deusxmachina said:   What actually got people into this mess? áIt wasn't austerity.
Right, because GW Bush never practiced austerity but instead practiced fiscal recklessness and was aided by Alan Greenspan's monetary recklessness.
áá

á That's what I said. áYou almost sound as if you're disagreeing that austerity didn't cause this mess.

Let's go over it again to be clear. áAusterity didn't get us into this mess. áAusterity is just your excuse for why it hasn't been fixed. áEven though there still hasn't been any austerity. áUnless someone thinks spending $500 billion dollars more every year is "austerity." á

But most of the politicians who've wanted austerity since 2009 are the ones who wanted fiscal recklessness and no regulation before then. áAusterity, which obviously includes $500B deficits in times of high unemployment and no inflation, has kept the US economy from recovering much faster than it has, and the more severe austerity practiced by Germany and European Central Bank has put that continent into a second recession.

á

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
scrouds said:   Just catching up on the thread, I'll get to monetary policy soon.

I just want to say I'd support an amendment to redefine citizenship to remove the crazy birth thing.

What if they were all from English-speaking Canadian families?

I'd rather require every adult, whether they were born her or immigrated legally or illegally, be required to take the citizenship test, and if they failed they'd have to leave the US. We'd end up with a population that's smarter and more loyal than we have now.
´┐Ż

I would be fine witháMexican born Salma Hayek being allowed to stay in the US as long as she wants andáCanadian born Justin Bieber being sent back.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1167168169170 171
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014