New Canisters: Le Creuset or Fiesta?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I currently have a few sets of these plastic Le Creuset canisters but I'm working on replacing the plastic in my kitchen and I want to replace them with something pretty. The Le Creuset and Fiesta look similar and are similarly priced. Any opinions?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Chinese take-out soup containers work in a variety of applications.

I have the tupperware modulare style and love 'em.

There is a German company that makes really nice glass containers, but they work out to be around $3 or $4, each.

Buy whichever ones are made in WV, USA.

arch8ngel said:   There is a German company that makes really nice glass containers, but they work out to be around $3 or $4, each.
am I missing something?
what is the problem, nice glass containers that are inexpensive? sounds good to me
did you forget to add zeros?

sublimosa said:   arch8ngel said:   There is a German company that makes really nice glass containers, but they work out to be around $3 or $4, each.
am I missing something?
what is the problem, nice glass containers that are inexpensive? sounds good to me
did you forget to add zeros?

At first, when my wife showed me the page, I thought they were ridiculously expensive, since the container showed a price of $18... but then I saw it was for 6

I'll see if I can get a company name for these. They were really nice looking, almost like apothecary jars.

Update: weck is the brand.

Le Creuset vs Fiesta. Those are the two options I'm considering.

No plastic, no glass, no take out containers.

Fiesta. Made in the US, if for no other reason.

webferret said:   Fiesta. Made in the US, if for no other reason.

i really don't care for the look of the le creuset ones.

pecanpie said:   

i really don't care for the look of the le creuset ones.

They look very similar to me, so I'm interested in why you don't like the Le Creuset. Is it the knobs on the lids?

the le creuset look like the utensil crock with a lid. the fiesta are a little better. i have been looking for a canister set too, but can't find anything that i think i will be really happy with.

So you don't really like the Fiesta either? Maybe I should make a trip to the store to look at them IRL.

moonbeam said:   I currently have a few sets of these plastic Le Creuset canisters but I'm working on replacing the plastic in my kitchen and I want to replace them with something pretty. The Le Creuset and Fiesta look similar and are similarly priced. Any opinions?

Used plastic canisters don't meet either of my requirements, plus 70s Tupperware is just nasty.

all the canisters are ugly. wow. surprisingly from la creuset

saw these earlier and liked them, but they are pricey!

kelchild said:   saw these earlier and liked them, but they are pricey!

Yes. Those are the ones.

i would buy these! definitely dont like the look of the plastic canisters from le creuset.
moonbeam said:   kelchild said:   saw these earlier and liked them, but they are pricey!

Yes. Those are the ones.

I ordered a couple Fiesta canisters. If I like them, I'll order a few more; if not, I'll return them to Macy's.

I like the Le Creuset plastic containers but they're getting scratched from use plus I'm trying to get away from plastic. I have four sets of them; I'll probably keep a few for storage, at least temporarily. They were only $7 a set at TJ Maxx a few years ago. I think the store was supposed to price them at $7 each but they priced them at $7 for a set of three.

I also have a set of beautiful covered stone jars that I use only for decoration (they're empty). I suppose I could use them to store something...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014