• filter:
  • 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I need some coffee. Would someone please get me a cup? And some food, too. TIA.

rated:
i dunno if this was brought up before, but starbucks via is not so bad

the other day i had a cup of some vanilla via and it was very good. and the packet had "expired" a few years back. i wasn't worried tho - it's dry so nothing would really spoil in it

rated:
morecowbell said:   i dunno if this was brought up before, but starbucks via is not so bad

the other day i had a cup of some vanilla via and it was very good. and the packet had "expired" a few years back. i wasn't worried tho - it's dry so nothing would really spoil in it

How funny - I have been buying Via for a couple of years for a friend and I never knew it was dry. I thought it was a liquid coffee concentrate like what was sold at REI a number of years back for campers/hikers.

rated:
it's actually quite good for "instant." i would rather have a real starbucks brew, but in the absence of that or another good coffee it definitely does the trick

rated:
Good to know. I usually buy them for him when I have a $3 off coupon and it's on sale. This is a friend who lives with his gf, but she thinks the local coffee shop $1 cup is great and he'd rather be lazy and stay in rather than having to drink bad and cheap coffee. 

rated:
morecowbell said:   it's actually quite good for "instant." i would rather have a real starbucks brew, but in the absence of that or another good coffee it definitely does the trick
I wasn't that impressed with it. I took the Starbucks Via "challenge" when it first came out and easily distinguished the brewed from the instant. I received a free box in some promo and ended up throwing it out when it expired. I kept it in my desk drawer, thinking I'd eventually be desperate enough to drink it... but no. 

rated:
Annoying little pet peeve: the baristas at the Starbucks in my office building wash their hands constantly, but don't dry them. Instead, they fling the water off their hands into the drinks and/or soak the little cardboard thingys with their wet hands. As much as they charge for drinks, can they really not afford TOWELS for their employees to use?

rated:
had eggnog in my coffee at work

(yes, with the nog included :p )

rated:
Disappointing experience at Starbucks this morning. I ordered and paid for a grande nonfat mocha. The barista made a grande skinny mocha and told me that when he handed me the drink. I told him that's not what I ordered. (Skinny mocha = skim milk and artficially sweened syrup; nonfat mocha = skim milk and regular syrup.)He insisted it was "the same thing" and repeatedly rolled his eyes at me when I told him it's not the same. I told him to remake it and he remade it EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. I told him it was still wrong, but he kept insisting that I was the one who was wrong and that that nonfat mocha means it's made with the artifically sweetened syrup. I finally gave up because it's a waste of time arguing with an idiot and left to go to my meeting, but I can't drink this slop. Should I go back later and talk to the manager? I think I should.

rated:
Next time use this line, "I don't care what you coffee snobs call it, make it the way I'm telling you to."

And yes, go talk to the manager. Personally I wouldn't have left without the coffee the way I wanted or a refund. I'm cheap like that

rated:
moonbeam said:   Disappointing experience at Starbucks this morning. I ordered and paid for a grande nonfat mocha. The barista made a grande skinny mocha and told me that when he handed me the drink. I told him that's not what I ordered. (Skinny mocha = skim milk and artficially sweened syrup; nonfat mocha = skim milk and regular syrup.)He insisted it was "the same thing" and repeatedly rolled his eyes at me when I told him it's not the same. I told him to remake it and he remade it EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. I told him it was still wrong, but he kept insisting that I was the one who was wrong and that that nonfat mocha means it's made with the artifically sweetened syrup. I finally gave up because it's a waste of time arguing with an idiot and left to go to my meeting, but I can't drink this slop. Should I go back later and talk to the manager? I think I should.
  yuck for artificial sweeteners. No, it is not the same thing, in addition to him being rude and disrespectful. At least send a comment via website if you don't want to waste more of your time tracking down a manager. "How can I make a comment about service, yada, yada."

rated:
I already contacted cs and received a refund. I'm a bitch like that.

rated:
sounds like a case of "i'm unhappy with my job, so it's your fault," or something like that

rated:
Peet's Holiday Blend decaf. Because the brewed caf flavor this morning was Garuda blend, which I don't care for.

rated:
morecowbell said:   sounds like a case of "i'm unhappy with my job, so it's your fault," or something like that
  Me or the barista?

rated:
lol...barista. IMO, if i work for someone and my job is to make their coffee, then if there is a question of semantics i would just ask "well, what did you want?" and then give them that and smile. there's probably also a better chance of getting a tip that way

rated:
kirbydog said:   Peet's Holiday Blend decaf. Because the brewed cat [fixed misspelling] flavor this morning was Garuda blend, which I don't care for.
Mmm brewed cat

rated:
Peet's Colombian beans in French press. Great with a buttered toasted cinnamon raisin English muffin. 

rated:
Maybe this i more of a pet peeve: Whole Foods displays the fresh roasted coffee beans in the aisle, in open baskets, ensuring that they're neither clean nor fresh. I would like to buy coffee beans there... but no.

rated:
My two cents on coffee: I just returned from Seattle, the coffee capital. Problem is, I can drink coffee, but not a lot of coffee. It makes my urine stink more than usual. With some people, this can happen.

Sorry Starbucks. If I have one too many, then use your restroom, you'll need to evacuate the store.

rated:
ran out of eggnog at work. no more eggnog coffees

rated:
morecowbell said:   ran out of eggnog at work. no more eggnog coffees
  Crazy idea, I know, buy you could always by more.

rated:
moonbeam said:   morecowbell said:   ran out of eggnog at work. no more eggnog coffees

Lol. Buy by bye

rated:
scrouds said:   
moonbeam said:   

Lol. Buy by bye

Shuttup. Typo.

rated:
2 of them, both using the same sound word. It was almost poetuc

rated:
moonbeam said:   

free is better than bought by me :p  

rated:
morecowbell said:   
moonbeam said:   

free is better than bought by me :p  

Buy it, then submit a reimbursement request for the $2.

rated:
I finally ventured back into Starbucks. I peeked in the door first so make sure the guy below wasn't behind the counter. Nope, two really good baristas were working today, so my nonfat mocha was made correctly and tasted delicious.  

rated:
on the kirkland coffee. costco coffee is decent

rated:
For about that last year I have been drinking Pacific Bold from Costco, 100 box is a good deal, actually a very good deal since my mother buys it for me

rated:
aw mom

rated:
Serena Williams Orders Espresso After Losing First Set 6-0, Gets It, Wins Match
Text

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015