coffee talk thread, the sequel

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Text Only
moonbeam said:   I'm trying again. Wish me luck.
Goodluck!

scrouds said:   
moonbeam said:   I'm trying again. Wish me luck.
Goodluck!

† The ladies-who-make-decent-coffee were working.

must be nice. I work in the ghetto, no tarbucks around. But I do have a hispanic supermarket nearby, always good for lunch at the counter. †They do have coffee for sale, but I haven't tried it. †It shouldn't be too bad, they probably use bustello or pilon

mmm bustello

haven't had that in a while

coffee brewed at home is, by default, better than that brewed at work

morecowbell said:   coffee brewed at home is, by default, better than that brewed at work
† I agree, although the difference is that I do pour-over at work and French press at home so it's not all that bad.

I just drank a (free)†4 shot†caramel macchiato. /takes flight and flies around office

it takes me like 3 cups of coffee to wake up on most days

morecowbell said:   it takes me like 3 cups of coffee to wake up on most days
† The †caffeine that works for me is from black tea. I drink it judiciously and not too late in the day. Coffee doesn't really do much for me in that way, but it is my preferred morning beverage.

grande mocha

as far as treats go, i put coffee right up there! wishing i had a grande mocha right now...

blecht coconut blend coffee is disgusting
I had it last week with my usual flavored creamer and blamed the combo of coconut blend and flavored creamer, but I just had it now with half and half and sugar and nope, just don't like it

If I mention that I drink instant coffee at home, will I get ran out of this thread?

probably, but hey, when I started drinking and making my own "real" coffee at home, I was planning to be a coffee snob.
Turns out, I either don't have the tastebuds for it or perhaps I'm immature in my coffee palate.
I've learned to accept my coffee inadequacies and love myself any way.

oh, but instant?
/boots veebs from thread

starbucks via isn't the worst thing that can happen to you

morecowbell said:   starbucks via isn't the worst thing that can happen to you
† To each their own. People who drink coffee with additives probably find Starbucks to be great. People who drink black coffee can taste what it is like.

morecowbell said:   starbucks via isn't the worst thing that can happen to you
† How about bustello instant?

oops, I didn't see the "via" as a product name. Never mind.

sublimosa said:   oh, but instant?
/boots veebs from thread

*knocks on window from outside and mouths, "can I come back in now?"*

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015