Pet Peeves: The Eleventh Hour

Archived From: Off Topic
  • 12 3 4513
  • Page
  • Text Only
beggars can't be choosers
:\
I am not responsible for your health
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/bloomberg-strikes-again-n...

My left knee has been hurting. Had this happen a few years ago but worse and went through MRI's, ect, they determined it was just swollen.

Hope it doesn't get worse.... it's getting warm and i was thinking of trying to do a few more races this year...

Corganiacs said:   beggars can't be choosers
:
I am not responsible for your health
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/bloomberg-strikes-again-n...

Bloomberg's position makes perfect sense. City run shelters don't accept donations of prepared food because the city would be liable if the food was poisoned or contaminated. They're very strict about what can be served. Privately run shelters can accept it if they want.

i haz no control panel
Disclaimer
Gee, coupons.com, your suggestions on how to check my printer settings aren't very helpful

The end of good things.

tired from benadryl

I am hot.
Wearing a skirt, no panythose and short sleeved shirt
coworker is wearing pants, long sleeved shirt and jacket and is either comfy or cold
arrrgh

sublimosa said:   I am hot.

pics?

/obligatory

grapegrl said:   sublimosa said:   I am hot.

pics?

/obligatory

Pics? Non-obligatory.

received my DEA license
They effed up my name, used my old middle name instead of my new middle name (even though I personally typed it out myself doing the online application, and they fudged up my SSN
I tried to add a schedule 3 to my DEA because I inadvertently checked it on the PC, but it didn't stick, so we even faxed the changes to them, and it still didn't make any difference. So now instead of changing my SSN while on the phone with the CSM rep, oh,noes I have to fax in my SSN , and edit my name change
grrrr

for what it is worth, I am a drug dealer again

Lo we's website is still just awful. Any time I try to use it it just plain stinks. Can't even get any local pricing for anything right now.

Edit: Removed the auto-link to prevent frustration of others.

a lot of those websites seem to be thrown together because they want a web presence. they're not really serious about functionality

wtf @ typo

MajorDarkside said:   Lo we's website is still just awful. Any time I try to use it it just plain stinks. Can't even get any local pricing for anything right now.

Edit: Removed the auto-link to prevent frustration of others.

hee, lo we's made me laugh
and muchas gracias for the auto link removal

Driving to work this morning. Get into the left turn lane of a very busy intersection (a four lane road and a 6 lane road) right when the left turn light turns green. And nobody moves, because two cop cars are coming down the road with lights and sirens. They get through right as the left turn light turns red. So I have to sit through another cycle of the very long light - it's probably a 4 minute cycle.

MadAnthony said:   Driving to work this morning. Get into the left turn lane of a very busy intersection (a four lane road and a 6 lane road) right when the left turn light turns green. And nobody moves, because two cop cars are coming down the road with lights and sirens. They get through right as the left turn light turns red. So I have to sit through another cycle of the very long light - it's probably a 4 minute cycle.stupid people and their "emergencies"

:p

morecowbell said:   MadAnthony said:   Driving to work this morning. Get into the left turn lane of a very busy intersection (a four lane road and a 6 lane road) right when the left turn light turns green. And nobody moves, because two cop cars are coming down the road with lights and sirens. They get through right as the left turn light turns red. So I have to sit through another cycle of the very long light - it's probably a 4 minute cycle.stupid people and their "emergencies"

funnier in /homer voice

Dumping out the water in your cup and it turns out that water was colder than what is currently coming out of the fountain.

Waiting 3+ hours for a return phone call when you said you'd call back within an hour.

mapatsfan said:   Pat Robertson is a moronwhew, i thought it was gonna be about him running for pres again

morecowbell said:   MadAnthony said:   Driving to work this morning. Get into the left turn lane of a very busy intersection (a four lane road and a 6 lane road) right when the left turn light turns green. And nobody moves, because two cop cars are coming down the road with lights and sirens. They get through right as the left turn light turns red. So I have to sit through another cycle of the very long light - it's probably a 4 minute cycle.stupid people and their "emergencies"

I sometimes get the feeling that Baltimore City cops feel that running out of donuts constitutes an emergency.

morecowbell said:   mapatsfan said:   Pat Robertson is a moronwhew, i thought it was gonna be about him running for pres againSorry to scare you, that would unnerve me too. My follow-up peeve is that there are people stupid enough, albeit a small number, to vote for him.

pollen
seasonal allergies

When the other person who lives in the house invites a bunch of people over and "forgets" to tell the person who has to do all the cooking and cleaning until one of the invitees calls to ask what they can bring. 2 hours before they are supposed to be here.

To be fair, he 'fessed up and got the whole ordeal moved out to 6pm instead of 3 pm. And the house is mostly clean anyway. And I SHOULD have known something was up when he was going after all of the "company" food at Sams. (stuff we don't normally keep in the house for just us. ONB chips, crackers, etc.)

I hate it when I scramble to get ready for something-put a lot of prep and rearrange my schedule-and then have it cancelled half an hour before it is supposed to happen.
Grrrr!
Happy Monday morning!

I hate to break up this 30 hour lack of peeves, but someone's gotta do it!
Drives me crazy when someone gives me the wrong information and I act on the wrong information and thereby make an ass of myself.
BTW, this information is visual info so there's no way I can verify it myself.
and you know, after I've made an ass of myself and I confront you on the wrong information, it is sooo hilariously funny when you make a joke out of it. Not.
Bah!

<---doesn't make a blind joke

<-- blindly makes jokes

<---- Doesn't post a picture of one thing while describing something totally different to Limo in the "pic hint".

<-- blindly goes where no man has gone before

Makes me sort of glad I'm hearing impaired rather than visually impaired. Although, I have no idea what y'all are saying when I have my back turned....I'm sure it's all nice things.

in need of new starbucks tumbler

Corganiacs said:   pollen
seasonal allergies

Good advice I heard on Dr Oz: take a shower and wash your hair when you get home, before you go to bed, to avoid contaminating your pillow and bedding with pollen during heavy pollen season. Also, wash glasses to remove pollen. Common sense, but not things I've ever considered.

moonbeam said:   Corganiacs said:   pollen
seasonal allergies

Good advice I heard on Dr Oz: take a shower and wash your hair when you get home, before you go to bed, to avoid contaminating your pillow and bedding with pollen during heavy pollen season. Also, wash glasses to remove pollen. Common sense, but not things I've ever considered.

Something my grandmother told me that while I was sitting with her in hospice. I was complaining about my allergies, and she let me on on that secret.

Yes, I complained about my allergies while she was dieing. I'm horrible.

I opened an online dating profile to discover that it started out with a several paragraph rant about how she doesn't want to date anyone who isn't educated, doesn't have a large vocabulary, ect (complete with a list of several words you should be able to define).

Which was ironic since her profile was full of gramatical mistakes, such as that she wants to date a guy who likes dog's.

Unfortunately for her, I only date women who know when to use the possessive tense.

^^^^omg, I kept going over and over MA's rant letter by letter to figure out where the grammatical error was and thinking he was either crazy or I was a giant buffoon---
but I never expected the apostrophe to be in dog's so I didn't check there until after about the fifth run-through!!
Maybe she just forgot a word-like "I want to date a guy who likes dog's tails."....
MA, What were the words we should all know how to define?
(I'd like to gauge my vocab, intellect and standards against hers.)

webferret said:   moonbeam said:   Corganiacs said:   pollen
seasonal allergies

Something my grandmother told me that while I was sitting with her in hospice. I was complaining about my allergies, and she let me on on that secret.

Yes, I complained about my allergies while she was dieing. I'm horrible.

not at all-I would think someone in that situation would crave normalcy

sublimosa said:   

If you have a small vocabulary then that is a huge turn off. If any of these words require google for you to know the meaning then we may not work: extrovert, distinctive or abscond. If you do not know which comes first: bachelors or masters (or don't know what I'm referring to period), may not work. There, their and they're confuses you

OK, they aren't particularly difficult words, but her whole profile just makes her sound like a petty jerk.

/flips hair/
Why do they call it a Master's if your under the graduate?
/titters confusedly/
Y'know I met this hawt dude at a frat party and I was jes a lil buzzed. I went into the bathroom and he followed me in and before I knew it, he had my unmentionables off and me on the sink. Turns out he had one of those outy belly buttons, you know-an extrovert-gross! I relieve those memories over and over. He was like, a total abscondrel-what a six pack!!
There! Do you think she'd date me?!

MadAnthony said:   sublimosa said:   

If you have a small vocabulary then that is a huge turn off. If any of these words require google for you to know the meaning then we may not work: extrovert, distinctive or abscond. If you do not know which comes first: bachelors or masters (or don't know what I'm referring to period), may not work. There, their and they're confuses you

OK, they aren't particularly difficult words, but her whole profile just makes her sound like a petty jerk.

I've said before, it's actually very nice of people like her to have personality flaws so obvious that they show up in text. think of the time you saved!

I play literati and words with friends. I have been accused of cheating due to my use of the word "sluiced" and due to my use of the word "aviation"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014