RIP Junior Seau

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Too bad it wasn't Michael Vick

RIP junior

He was a good influence on the younger guys when he played here in New England. RIP.

mapatsfan said:   He was a good influence on the younger guys when he played here in New England. RIP.i remember seeing him at his restaurant in SD. he was a millionaire, but he would stop and talk to you. he was like a regular guy

Possible suicide? My thoughts go to his family. He left 3 kids fatherless.

Certainly had one of the best names for a linebacker. Say ow! RIP

12 time Pro Bowl selection, played from 1990 to 2009, long time for his position.

I don't know of this guy, but his mother was just on CNN and what she said is so terribly sad, crying and repeatedly thanking people for loving her son. I wanted to hug her!

Yet, in a few days the national enquirer type stories will begin to find some way to trash him.

mapatsfan said:   12 time Pro Bowl selection, played from 1990 to 2009, long time for his position.

Yes. His is a name that even I knew...lol.

Bolts fans everywhere will miss you Junior... RIP

just 43 years old... so sad

Must be something behind
Junior was happy man, can't find any obvious reason for him to end his life.
R.I.P. Junior Seau, you were one of my favorite football player.

My guess is he was suffering from CTE. There has been several suicides from athletes that have had their brains bashed around. Boston University is really doing some great research on CTE. Their main page for it is here.

He played his last 4 seasons for the Pats, so it's been discussed a lot and has been some of the speculation on sports radio here in NE. Kind of morbid, but some even wondered if he had the presence of mind to spare his brain for examination when he shot himself in the chest.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought. Dave Duerson did the same thing. Irc, he left a note though saying that's why he shot himself in the chest instead of the head.

MVP9596 said:   My guess is he was suffering from CTE. There has been several suicides from athletes that have had their brains bashed around. Boston University is really doing some great research on CTE. Their main page for it is here.
Yep, football is going to have a crisis and face some major problems if they don't do something about it in the next few years as more comes out about the post football lives of these people. Too many men getting their brains jelly-fied.

The roids aren't helping either. In a story on Seau, they mentioned the number of deaths of members of the 1994 Chargers. Three dead from heart problems already, ages 38-44.

A lost soul with a great heart. May you finally RIP.

kamalktk said:    In a story on Seau, they mentioned the number of deaths of members of the 1994 Chargers. Three dead from heart problems already, ages 38-44.

8 dead so far, including one death by lightning strike.

Death Is Stalking The 1994 Chargers

from the comments:

So a Charger was struck by lightning? That's like a Cleveland player getting run over by a UPS truck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014