• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Do you guys prefer to use public restrooms to save money or is it not worth the cost savings to use public restrooms?

I prefer to use public restrooms because of the many costs involved of taking a dump at home. I save on TP, the water bill, not to mention things you don't think of like cleaning products because you can clean less and the time savings of cleaning the toilet less, including having to avoid "emergency cleanings" that need to be dealt with immediately.

Do you guys schedule leaving the home around when you typically need to go? I personally leave the house in the morning and also in the evening. I do different chores twice per day and make sure I stop into a public restroom while I am "on the go". This negates the added cost of paying for gas if I were to leave the house for the sole purpose of using a public toilet.

Finally, are there certain public toilets that you avoid at all costs, or greatly prefer to due perks or cleanliness? Is anyone worried about seatborn germs or critters, or does the cost savings outweigh these concerns?

Maybe these cost savings are insignficant to FWers, or maybe the thought of using a public toilet exclusively is considered "nasty" by some. I am curious about how others feel about this topic.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
When I use a public restroom I definitely use a butt gasket over the seat. They prevent things like this from happening... (more)

overclock (May. 09, 2012 @ 11:33a) |

when nature calls..

Corganiacs (May. 10, 2012 @ 11:19a) |

Ummmm...restroom-fresh popcorn!

larrymoencurly (May. 10, 2012 @ 1:49p) |

I also take advantage of the water to fill water bottles (save a few bucks on water a month), take a little mini shower with the faucet in their at times. Also save on hooker expenses with the potential "glory holes" or "wide stance" opportunities.

my favorite bathroom is the one closest to me when I need to go.

oh, please reverse beloit this-I swear, fwot has done nothing so heinous as to deserve this ridiculous thread.
btw, OP, if you are serious in any way shape or form, you are a menace to the general public.
I again posit that this is germanpope. Or BBB. Or someone.

I put this in the finance thread to compliment the guy who keeps putting those nonsense threads about tipping. My writing style is very similar to his. But the moderator moved my thread here to pluto where no one will read it and no one will probably make the connection to the tipping thread which is located in finance. . what a waste of a good thread makes me not want to post things here anymore. I even sent a reply to the moderator asking them to move it back to the finance forum and this is what I got back:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us. I understand why you want it in the finance forum, however, it has nothing to do with finance. We try to keep our forums organized so that people can easily find what they need.

I hope you understand.

Valerie
FatWallet.coim

I can't figure out why the tipping thread gets to stay but mine is moved here, since I pretty much duplicated the text in the tipping thread. what a waste they might as well delete my thread.

OliverQuackenbush said:   I put this in the finance thread to compliment the guy who keeps putting those nonsense threads about tipping. My writing style is very similar to his. But the moderator moved my thread here to pluto where no one will read it and no one will probably make the connection to the tipping thread which is located in finance. . what a waste of a good thread makes me not want to post things here anymore. I even sent a reply to the moderator asking them to move it back to the finance forum and this is what I got back:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us. I understand why you want it in the finance forum, however, it has nothing to do with finance. We try to keep our forums organized so that people can easily find what they need.

I hope you understand.

Valerie
FatWallet.coim

I can't figure out why the tipping thread gets to stay but mine is moved here, since I pretty much duplicated the text in the tipping thread. what a waste they might as well delete my thread.

is that you Loki?

despite what you guys might think about me, let me state on the record that I am FIRMLY AGAINST URINAL POOP

OliverQuackenbush said:   I am FIRMLY AGAINST URINAL POOP

Does this mean that you press it tightly to your body?

I'm confused. Why would ANYONE do that?

well people do it, source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080515154105AANzC8...

i am just saying i do not support urinal pooping, i dont care how much money i might save.

OliverQuackenbush said:   I put this in the finance thread to compliment the guy who keeps putting those nonsense threads about tipping. My writing style is very similar to his. But the moderator moved my thread here to pluto where no one will read it and no one will probably make the connection to the tipping thread which is located in finance.

I fixed your dilemma. Tipping threads have a link to this thread in Quick Summary. The Quick Summary in this thread has the links to the tipping threads. clicking on the QS links will take the user to Pluto and back. I can't promise they will read and subsequently get the connection.

You're welcome.

Whenever you use a public restroom, be sure to throw a few fistfulls of TP in first. It removes the danger of rogue splash.

I don't like personal contact with the toilets of dirty, filfthy places where strangers of highly questionable repute regularly indulge in adult activities without adequate protection. So of course I prefer public restrooms instead of my home.

Depends

Depends on the situation but I usually prefer to use my private restroom as long as I can handle it and I can go home.

FWOT is not a public restroom

RS4Rings said:   Depends

I guess wearing depends is one way to avoid public restrooms.

OliverQuackenbush said:   blah blab ... But the moderator moved my thread here to pluto blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

And a very merry go eff yourself to you too

morecowbell said:   FWOT is not a public restroom
With how many "plops" we get here pretty sure it is

Bathrooms = private residence
Restrooms = public

fasttimes said:   Bathrooms = private residence
Restrooms = public
i have a couch in mine so i could rest there

morecowbell said:   fasttimes said:   Bathrooms = private residence
Restrooms = public
i have a couch in mine so i could rest there

The women's restrooms often have a couch. And a popcorn popper.

I poop at work and track how much I get paid to poo.
http://www.workpoop.com/

nm, beaten to the rest-room joke.

joyrae said:   OliverQuackenbush said:   I am FIRMLY AGAINST URINAL POOP

Does this mean that you press it tightly to your body?

I'm confused. Why would ANYONE do that?

Why do guys put the following in urinals: chewing gum and gum wrappers, cigarette butts, condoms and condom wrappers, chewing tobacco (It's a spittoon!), facial tissues, toilet tissue, wads of chewed food, hair clumps, etc. I worked at a restaurant when young, to get extra $$$$'s, I came in early and cleaned the bathrooms. The men's room was always a mess. Don't even get me started on the toilets. (That's why many public bathrooms have drains in the floors and a hose hookup on one of the walls.)I wouldn't blame any of you guys for "holding it in" until you get home, when it comes to public restrooms. Nasty, foul, disgusting places. Most restaurants clean them once a day, in the morning before opening. The later the day is, the more you will want to avoid them.

Four stars.

If you attach a spreadsheet and template for poop tracking to this thread, pretty sure you can send it back to FWF under Economics>Discussion, "Pooping at work for fun and profit."

Someone took a poop by the door at the back of my apartment. I'd estimate the person weighed less than a pound and eats a lot of seeds.

Nevermind, it was a stool pigeon.

You don't always need to hold it in at home to save money. Depending on how secure the stuff is in the public restrooms you visit, you can not only take the toilet paper home, you can also drain the soap machine and stock up on urinal deodorizers. The savings can be significant, with what you take home more than offsetting your cost for toilet flushing water.

Catalina Island residents use salt water for flushing, and plumbing in homes and businesses there can handle salt water for this purpose. Fresh water is at a premium there. They have a desalination plant, but still that's an expensive use for fresh water. If you ever visit there, remember not to drink the water from the toilet tank.

Speaking of restrooms there was a public music festival in Ann Arbor last weekend and they handed out maps with restrooms marked on them and they were actually people opening up their home bathrooms for people to come in and use! I couldn't believe it.

When I use a public restroom I definitely use a butt gasket over the seat. They prevent things like this from happening.

when nature calls..

soundtechie said:   The women's restrooms often have a couch. And a popcorn popper.Ummmm...restroom-fresh popcorn!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014