• 14 5 67813
  • Page
  • Text Only
thank goodness, the AC started working again in the office by 9AM
ah, blessed, cool relief!

My scanner works with Win 7 64! No thanks to Canon. I love my Canoscan LIDE 35, it is awesome, plus, I don't remember the deal but I am always fonder of stuff I bought with a great FW deal, and this is one of them. Some random post on the internet helped me get it to talk to Win7. It has been pretty tedious scanning on a different computer for the past year. Now I can scan and OCR to my heart's content.

ordered bunch of CDs from the $2 sale at secondspin.com last week
they all came yesterday, $3 shipping for everything and here in a week. very nice

shoes
Disclaimer
Linea Paolo shoes at the thrift store for 3.29. Made my day.

Sitting on the couch this afternoon, watching the live 1080p feed on my laptop of Misty May & Kerri Walsh winning their round of 16 beach volleyball match over the Netherlands, while it's ~90F and muggy outside. Only a couple of commercials, no NBC announcers and no commentary.

mapatsfan said:   Sitting on the couch this afternoon, watching the live 1080p feed on my laptop of Misty May & Kerri Walsh winning their round of 16 beach volleyball match over the Netherlands, while it's ~90F and muggy outside. Only a couple of commercials, no NBC announcers and no commentary. I watched the Rooskies (12 seed) beat the BRA (5 or 6 I think?) Great match and upset.

That's definitely an upset. Just watched the broadcast version of the match, cut down to less than 15 minutes Wife was pleased that the womenfolk were wearing clothes, bothers her that there's normally a max amount of clothing they can wear.

mapatsfan said:   That's definitely an upset. Just watched the broadcast version of the match, cut down to less than 15 minutes Wife was pleased that the womenfolk were wearing clothes, bothers her that there's normally a max amount of clothing they can wear. The Russians were definitely not what you'd call "fully clothed".

Kandykornhead said:   mapatsfan said:   That's definitely an upset. Just watched the broadcast version of the match, cut down to less than 15 minutes Wife was pleased that the womenfolk were wearing clothes, bothers her that there's normally a max amount of clothing they can wear. The Russians were definitely not what you'd call "fully clothed".Sorry, the match I was referring to was the US vs Netherlands. US wore long sleeve shirts and regular bottoms, the Dutch girls wore long tights and white t-shirts.

mapatsfan said:   Kandykornhead said:   mapatsfan said:   That's definitely an upset. Just watched the broadcast version of the match, cut down to less than 15 minutes Wife was pleased that the womenfolk were wearing clothes, bothers her that there's normally a max amount of clothing they can wear. The Russians were definitely not what you'd call "fully clothed".Sorry, the match I was referring to was the US vs Netherlands. US wore long sleeve shirts and regular bottoms, the Dutch girls wore long tights and white t-shirts. I know.It's funny I can't remember what the Brazilians wore but I think that's because of what the Czech women were not wearing. (I said Russian above, but I misremembered).

Daughter and I went hiking on town conservation land this morning to find the site of a ambush that took place during King Phillip's War in 1676. It's strange, the trail starts at the end of a cul de sac, no markings or signs. Followed trail directions buried in the conservation commission page on our town's web site. Was cool to see a part of history that almost in town knows about anymore.

second interviews & hitting it off with the interview lady. AND if I get the gig, it will be a challenge. I love a good challenge.

is this a hospital setting?

mewhojen said:   second interviews & hitting it off with the interview lady. AND if I get the gig, it will be a challenge. I love a good challenge.

is itunes better?

sublimosa said:   ordered bunch of CDs from the $2 sale at secondspin.com last week
they all came yesterday, $3 shipping for everything and here in a week. very nice

I'm 90% sure Penfed has approved my car loan. It says approved but I'm still skeptical, like it's too good to be true.

Corganiacs said:   is itunes better?

sublimosa said:   ordered bunch of CDs from the $2 sale at secondspin.com last week

dunno, I prefer CDs to downloads and I used to have iTunes back when it wasn't compatible with my screen reading software, so it was absolutely useless for me
it is supposed to be compatible now, but I hate the idea of downloading more applications-amascone got me because for a while you could download almost anything without their downloader application
I'm sure I'll eventually give in-I hate when iTunes has free songs and I can't get them

Corganiacs said:   is this a hospital setting?

mewhojen said:   second interviews & hitting it off with the interview lady. AND if I get the gig, it will be a challenge. I love a good challenge.
nope. It's case management for total person care per the heath act that was passed. This company is the first in the country, trailblazing a system to ensure people are having all their needs met. Tracking prescription refills, doctor appointments, monitoring the health status. Case load of 250 people to track and ensure they are getting the education on their needs and treatment. Crazy busy work. Sounds like a good challenge.

mewhojen said:   Corganiacs said:   is this a hospital setting?

nope. It's case management for total person care per the heath act that was passed. This company is the first in the country, trailblazing a system to ensure people are having all their needs met. Tracking prescription refills, doctor appointments, monitoring the health status. Case load of 250 people to track and ensure they are getting the education on their needs and treatment. Crazy busy work. Sounds like a good challenge.

Is it amerigroup? I've heard they are doing something like that.

webferret said:   mewhojen said:   Corganiacs said:   is this a hospital setting?

Is it amerigroup? I've heard they are doing something like that.
check my bookface. There are several starting, but they are following this non-profit's path. We're doing medical and psych. I think Amerigroup is only doing medical. If you've had a patient with more than one disease, can you imagine only treating one and not the rest? Cuz that's what is happening. This is set up so the left and the right hands work together, instead of not having a clue.

after 8 weeks, $850+ i am licensed to practice medicine in NC
and guess when my current license expires, next month! :\

What's up, doc?

Had dinner with my brothers, their kids, my cousin and her husband tonight out at restaurant. Nice to catch up and tell/hear stories from when we were kids.

Cute cashier at the hess in Homestead
florida leafed through some coupons she had and told me if I buy a kit kat, the coffee is free. Since a kit kat is cheaper then coffee, I took her up on the offer. When she was done ringing me up, I gave her the kit kat and told her to enjoy it.

but really you wanted HER kit kat...

I've been suffering from a migraine for three days. I so appreciate my DH that he doesn't complain about my headaches and will get dinner for himself and our boys.

And cats that take naps with me when I have my headaches

morecowbell said:   but really you wanted HER kit kat...

You know me too well.

8-10 hours from now I will have a brand new car.

Rain. We need it.

email said:

Thank you for your email and I will email you again on this transaction as I am on my way out, will be back soon.
Thank you for your kind patience, will resolve soon (these few days) and please not to worry.
Thank you and have a blessed day, chat soon.

Best,
Mary

guesses on Mary's native language?

mewhojen said:   email said:

Thank you for your email and I will email you again on this transaction as I am on my way out, will be back soon.
Thank you for your kind patience, will resolve soon (these few days) and please not to worry.

Best,
Mary

Christian. No one else says "have a blessed day".

qcumber98 said:   mewhojen said:   email said:

Best,
Mary

Christian. No one else says "have a blessed day".

Actually my mom says this all the time. Think she is a humanist? She would protest much if you ever mistook her for a Christian.

There always has to be a contrarian.

review of that Fifty Shades of Bad Writing said: Speaking of crap, if I ever, ever ever have to hear/read the words "inner goddess" again, I'm going to construct a pyre out of tampons and maxi pads, light it, and toss unsuspecting women into it.
possibly the bestest review eva!

follow-up email said: Good evening! Thank you for your kind patience and work with us to resolve. Original pkg was sent to you a while back and should not take this long to arrive, must be lost. Did expedite one to you today and should arrive Mon, and if not arrived by Mon, plmk as I do have the del conf nos this time to track. We sincerely apologize for the unusual delay due to the loss of the pkg and thank you for working with us to resolve and not posting negative/neutral (AMZ treats as negative on sellers), we are grateful to you. Have a blessed evening, enjoy. Best, Mary I have no idea what she wants me to do if not arrived by Mon, but I'm glad she re-shipped

maybe "monday pm, k? as i do have the delivery confirmation numbers this time..."

oh, and she was drunk

mewhojen said:   follow-up email said: Good evening! Thank you for your kind patience and work with us to resolve. Original pkg was sent to you a while back and should not take this long to arrive, must be lost. Did expedite one to you today and should arrive Mon, and if not arrived by Mon, plmk as I do have the del conf nos this time to track. We sincerely apologize for the unusual delay due to the loss of the pkg and thank you for working with us to resolve and not posting negative/neutral (AMZ treats as negative on sellers), we are grateful to you. Have a blessed evening, enjoy. Best, Mary I have no idea what she wants me to do if not arrived by Mon, but I'm glad she re-shipped

Please let me know as I do have the (untranslateable) confirmation numbers this time to track.

If she already has the tracking number, she should have gone ahead and given it to you.

mewhojen said:   follow-up email said: Good evening! Thank you for your kind patience and work with us to resolve. Original pkg was sent to you a while back and should not take this long to arrive, must be lost. Did expedite one to you today and should arrive Mon, and if not arrived by Mon, plmk as I do have the del conf nos this time to track. We sincerely apologize for the unusual delay due to the loss of the pkg and thank you for working with us to resolve and not posting negative/neutral (AMZ treats as negative on sellers), we are grateful to you. Have a blessed evening, enjoy. Best, Mary I have no idea what she wants me to do if not arrived by Mon, but I'm glad she re-shipped
Please let me know as I do have the delivery confirmation numbers this time to track (the shipment).

Breakfast prepared by my guy every morning. I went crazy at the produce market this week so we have been eating/snacking our way through a lot of summer fruit. How could I resist? Anyhow, the blueberries' last day was today. We each ended up with one "organic" one in the dish of yogurt. He said it was moldy-I call it the organic flavored one. ewww... =)

there's nothing you can do to make me untrue to my guy
no breakfast you make can ever take the place of my guy

Visited the state fish hatchery on the way back from town just now. Daughter and I put our quarters into the vending machine and fed the landlocked Atlantic Salmon they raise there, lots of fun watching them go after the food, then watched the 10 minute video.

She wasn't too impressed with the footage showing the procedure of eggs & milt being harvested and combined in buckets to grow the little fishies.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014