• 1 2 34513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Karma for jen

A donation to Amvet, and a 10 Bass Pro gift card to us, from Toyota today for driving a 2012 Tacoma around the parking lot at Foxboro. Lil_patsfan and grampa_patsfan also got them, all three were used up nearly instantly on gear. Lil_patsfan was so excited, his first freebie like that after being 18, he went and drove the Tundra afterwards.

siesta with my hunny from the 90+ heat at the hotel. Gotta get back before 6

just a few more days til I get paid.

*cross posted to pet peeves thread *

I've lost some weight and most of it seems to have come off my waist area , now most of my pants are 2-4" too large in the waist and need to be altered or discarded.

moonbeam said:   *cross posted to pet peeves thread *

I've lost some weight and most of it seems to have come off my waist area , now most of my pants are 2-4" too large in the waist and need to be altered or discarded.

Most women would be elated to have it mostly come off the waist! Everybody I know is always depressed cause the breasts seem to get smaller first.

packratmarty said:   Everybody I know is always depressed cause the breasts seem to get smaller first.mine are bigger

Went bluegill fishing with son tonight after dinner. We spent about an hour and fifteen minutes at the pond; I caught 5, while he caught 12.

got to watch Good Will Hunting with da hunny. Good flick

mewhojen said:   got to watch Good Will Hunting with da hunny. Good flick

Good chick flick, in that the moral of the story is that you should ignore wealth and power, and chase after the girl instead.

^^yes, yes, that is exactly what I got out of that movie
and I'm sure Ben and Matt just wrote it that way to get laid, too

hey, i watched it to get laid

ok, so i wasn't really watching

morecowbell said:   hey, i watched it to get laid

ok, so i wasn't really watching

My wife led a sheltered life, when I met her she had never seen casablanca, ET, or jurassic park. Now, we didn't have premarital sex, but let me tell you, being able to show a girl a movie like ET for the first time, then the next week show her jurassic park for the first time, sure helps the dating relationship move along

Golly, us girls shur r dumb!

sublimosa said:   Golly, us girls shur r dumb!

... another lesson learned from "good will hunting".

Got pretty warm outside this weekend, so miss_patsfan asked if I'd install the AC units if she brought them up from the basement. She carried all 4 of them up 3 flights of stairs without even breathing hard. It was nice to sleep in chilly air again.

packratmarty said:   moonbeam said:   *cross posted to pet peeves thread *

Most women would be elated to have it mostly come off the waist! Everybody I know is always depressed cause the breasts seem to get smaller first.

I would like to lose a little from my chest, too. I have several beautiful, bright colored Banana Republic shirts that fit perfectly except for the gaping button at boob level. I HATE gaping buttons. I find that exercise generally decreases my chest (body fat) more than diet, so I guess that will happen eventually.

soundtechie said:   mewhojen said:   got to watch Good Will Hunting with da hunny. Good flick

Good chick flick, in that the moral of the story is that you should ignore wealth and power, and chase after the girl instead.

The moral(s) of the story (since you so CLEARLY missed them) are not nearly that simple.

1. One should never equate wealth with intellect or ability.
2. The shadows of a person's past do not have to define the person today, nor who that person might be tomorrow.
3. The things that mold a person into who they are are often much deeper than what seems readily apparent.
4. A real friend wants to see you succeed, even if that success would distance you from them.
5. We often do not see ourselves as others see us... nor do we see others as they see themselves... and this discrepancy is at the root of much heartache and adversity.
6. Love can and does cross all socioeconomic boundaries.
7. Pain can be the world's most intense motivator or intense demotivator... whichever you let it become.
8. The gifts that lie within someone are often invisible to many they encounter... but each person has something inside them that is good and real and has value.

(I have to get back to work... but these are just a few of the themes that this movie conveyed to me...)

i learned that crap in kindergarten.

and when i say "crap," i mean it's good stuff. and when i say "learned" it's not to imply that anyone ever said "socioeconomic" to me back then

How you like THEM apples?

they're alright by me

i kinda favor honeycrisp

Just spent an hour with my oldest... talking about our feelings... letting him know how very much I love them... making sure he's doing okay amidst all the chaos. Sometimes he says such bright and poignant things. I think I got it right with this one.

joyrae said:   4. A real friend wants to see you succeed, even if that success would distance you from them.

I thought the movie defined a friend as someone who would hit my enemies with a baseball bat if I asked them to.

/hits soundtechie with a baseball bat

aren't you always your worst enemy?

my own worst enemy - lit

A real friend wields a bat without being asked to.

so does a good lover

hey-o!

happy friday

Ms_patsfan did a great job at her dance studio's end of year recital; 4 dances from her classes and then a big finale with the company that they've done twice in competition this spring.

eta: That was after she volunteered at our town's Relay for Life on Friday afternoon-night; made it until ~2:30am when the rain & cold got to be too much and she called for mom to pick her up. Then had final soccer game of the season yesterday afternoon, she slept well & early last night.

walking down the hall at work earlier, a male coworker told me I looked great

sublimosa said:   walking down the hall at work earlier, a male coworker told me I looked great

Sexual harassment!

hubby! he just loves me and I love him!

red seedless grapes and the way they crunch and pop when you bite into them

Last night was the best concert-going experience I've had in years.

I'm a happy girl.

Caught 6 bluegill and 2 bass this morning, put my season total to 107, haven't even gotten out on a boat yet.

Costco door-check lady (age 50'ish?) told me my (older two) boys were "tall, lean, and cute"
I'm used to the tall part, but to have a stranger call them cute was nice

try some cherries
i was at work yesterday so i couldnt hop out to see how big the organic cherries were at whole foods. they were on sale for 3.99/;b
im a cherry lover!!!
sublimosa said:   red seedless grapes and the way they crunch and pop when you bite into them

^^yeah, I like cherries too but there weren't any at the store last time, so grapes won out
cherries don't have that same texture/crunch when you bite into them

Picnic in the park and then Madagascar 3 with my boys and my very best friend (whom I love dearly).

Wonderful day.

i slept all day today. woke up for lunch and then napped for 4 more hours on the couch with hubby

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014