Just perfect...

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

ACT (867.46kB)
Disclaimer
My DS17 ACT score that is... a perfect score of 36
That's 36 for English, 36 for Math, 36 for Reading, and 36 for Science.

He took the optional writing portion and got a 34 on that

Wow! Congratulations to you and him!

Congrats on not needing to pay for college!

Nice! Congratulations to him!

Congratulations to him and congratulations to you! that doesn't happen without a lot of hard work!

Congratulations! That really is a fantastic accomplishment and something you can both be proud of for the rest of your lives.

Well done. That qualifies him for Mensa, but don't let him send money to the fat cat partiers that run it.....

What were your study habits? Any tips that I can pass to my little brother?? He's 15 by the way

You should get him a copy of Perfect 10 magazine

+baseball team. Ivy league for him.

Congrats. I did/do alright, but this post reminds me of how much I wish I had put more effort into school and absorbed more of that 'education' stuff.

~sigh~

BitemeIamtoxic said:   Well done. That qualifies him for Mensa, but don't let him send money to the fat cat partiers that run it.....

Pocket protectors aren't cheap, you know!

Thanks everyone
I think one of the reasons why I like sharing DS17's accomplishments is that I knew he was smarter than the average kid, but the school district and general Dr's wouldn't acknowledge it.
I went through high school without ever opening a book, and got B's and C's; I took enough credits to graduate a year early. Then when I got to college, I didn't have the study skills needed (or the discipline) to make it so I dropped out.
I didn't want that same path to happen to my kids. I haven't pushed them, but tried to guide them along a better path - especially knowing that the school won't help them do it.
I belong to a local parents group of gifted and talented kids, I've picked up a lot of great information from them over the years.

My son is just plain smart, he never studied for the ACT - although it happened the day before the test I got a used copy of an ACT study guide and he reviewed the essay portion. From other kids in our city that have gotten perfect ACT scores, they say that there really isn't any studying for the ACT, it's accumulated knowledge; that's probably true for the gifted kids.

He still struggles with his Crohn's Disease, so because of that we're looking at colleges closer to home - although it's been great getting mailings from Harvard, Yale, and the such, LOL.
I also know from his PSAT scores that he will be a National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalist this fall; so I hope that our private colleges will give us a generous financial aid package.

We also have DS14 & DS11, while they are both very smart, they are not at the same level as DS17 (seems to be common in families with gifted kids that the oldest is the smartest).
Oh, and DS17 would be more than content to live at home and read books the rest of his life he's not "driven" like some kids. He's excellent in math, interested in physics but has no idea what he would like to do (Strong Interest Inventory indicated actuary as the top profession).

All of the cities that have Ivy League schools, probably also have plenty of doctors that would be more than competent in helping treat his Crohn's Disease.
Other than having to learn to deal with not having you as his personal cook, there should be nothing keeping him close to home.

mom2jel said:   
I also know from his PSAT scores that he will be a National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalist this fall; so I hope that our private colleges will give us a generous financial aid package.

Congrats to your son and while I do not mean to be a Debbie Downer the amount of money you get from National Merit (especially if you're a white male) is pretty small, or at least it was ten years ago. I'm not trying to be negative, just want you to be realistic.

kamalktk said:   Congrats on not needing to pay for college!

That's the FWF way!

Now we need a way to get FW Cash Back from colleges for the rest of us...

congrats! that rocks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014