$500 Home Depot Gift Cards - Where?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Does anyone know if any store sells $500 gift cards for Home Depot (other than Home Depot itself)? I would like to buy them from a pharmacy (CVS, RiteAid, etc) or a grocery store (Shoprite, Stop&Shop, etc) to maximize my CC rewards. I am in NJ. Thanks.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
kroger sells Home Depot cards - maybe.

soundtechie said:   kroger sells Home Depot cards - maybe.

Thanks. Most pharmacies, grocery stores, WalMart, etc sell them, but they only sell cards no bigger than $100. I am looking for $500 dollar ones.

sfvera said:   soundtechie said:   kroger sells Home Depot cards - maybe.

Thanks. Most pharmacies, grocery stores, WalMart, etc sell them, but they only sell cards no bigger than $100. I am looking for $500 dollar ones.

What's wrong with purchasing five $100 gift cards?

turtlebug said:   sfvera said:   soundtechie said:   kroger sells Home Depot cards - maybe.

What's wrong with purchasing five $100 gift cards?

I will be buying a few thousand dollars worth of stuff, so I was hoping to minimize the amount of cards I buy. Worse case I will need to do that.

Online places like cardpool sometimes have Home Depot gcs for large amounts for 7.2%+/- off, plus if you join Home Depot Pro (online), you sometimes get a 10% off coupon. That would probably be better than any cc cash rewards.

I'm pretty sure safeway carries them. I know they have Lowe's cards up to $500 - I've purchased those. Usually need a manager override. - Bonus to buying there is the gas rewards.

turtlebug said:   Online places like cardpool sometimes have Home Depot gcs for large amounts for 7.2%+/- off, plus if you join Home Depot Pro (online), you sometimes get a 10% off coupon. That would probably be better than any cc cash rewards.

Thanks! That is a great idea. Does anyone have experience with cardpool or PlasticJungle? Do you get reward points on your credit card if purchasing from these sites?

I've had good experience with cardpool, but it has been hit-or-miss with p'jungle. And yes, I got cc c/b on my purchases.

bought a card from cardpool. make sure you don't plan on using it soon, it took forever and what I thought was a card that would be delivered electronically, had to be mailed. LAME!

sfvera said:   I will be buying a few thousand dollars worth of stuff, so I was hoping to minimize the amount of cards I buy. Worse case I will need to do that.why even bother buying a giftcard? just pay for your purchases with your credit card at homedepot. and whichever credit card you use, you'll get points/miles according to the terms of that credit card.

it just doesn't make any sense buying a large amount giftcard unless you're asking to find a way to double/triple dip with points/miles.

I've purchased from cardpool. pretty smooth, first time they waited a day and called and left a message to speak to me to verify my idenity. Second time no call but took a day to get. Both times were electronic codes so I got in email. Otherwise would need to wait for mail.

linrick said:   sfvera said:   I will be buying a few thousand dollars worth of stuff, so I was hoping to minimize the amount of cards I buy. Worse case I will need to do that.why even bother buying a giftcard? just pay for your purchases with your credit card at homedepot. and whichever credit card you use, you'll get points/miles according to the terms of that credit card.

it just doesn't make any sense buying a large amount giftcard unless you're asking to find a way to double/triple dip with points/miles.

Hence the pharmacy requirement of the OP's post. Many CC's give 3-5% back at pharmacies and only 1% elsewhere.

LordB said:   linrick said:   sfvera said:   I will be buying a few thousand dollars worth of stuff, so I was hoping to minimize the amount of cards I buy. Worse case I will need to do that.why even bother buying a giftcard? just pay for your purchases with your credit card at homedepot. and whichever credit card you use, you'll get points/miles according to the terms of that credit card.

Hence the pharmacy requirement of the OP's post. Many CC's give 3-5% back at pharmacies and only 1% elsewhere.

Exactly. I have a blue cash which gives me 5% in pharmacies and grocery stores. I would like to benefit from that while minimizing the number of gift cards iget.

Buy the gift card at a place like Plastic Jungle and save money by -

1. 4% back from a place like topcashback.com (I started using them recently, experience has been good so far)
2. 1-2% back from your credit card assuming you use the right card
3. Discount on the gift card itself

Happy shopping!

turtlebug said:   Online places like cardpool sometimes have Home Depot gcs for large amounts for 7.2%+/- off, plus if you join Home Depot Pro (online), you sometimes get a 10% off coupon. That would probably be better than any cc cash rewards.

Also go to the post office and get a change of address package. It may have a Lowes 10% off coupon in it and your local Home Depot may accept it as most others do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014