• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Ugh

turtlebug said:   Go Dawgs, beat Bama!
*(my gift to FF)*

Either way, come January, go Irish!

returns tainted fruitcake gift and gives it back to Turtlebug

Roll Tide, Tide plays Football, Dawgs play fetch.

KayK said:   Via facebook
The world-famous Empire State Building will be lit scarlet Thursday night in support of R Football's BIG EAST Championship football game vs. Louisville at High Point Solutions Stadium.

It marks the second time the Empire State Building has been lit red for R Football. The other occasion was Rutgers’ 28-25 victory over Louisville in 2006.
They also made all the stoplights red for Rutgers too.

YAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Alabama 32- Georgia 28

We're coming for the leprechaun!

That was a good game.

That was a good game. Hope Bama enjoys the next few weeks, 'cause there will be heartbreak come Miami.

Brian Kelly will try to uphold a Notre Dame tradition, by winning a national title in his third season as Coach. Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz all won it all in Year 3 playing in the shadows of the Golden Dome.

Wish Jan 7th would hurry UP.

Rutgers vs Virginia Tech today

FrugalFreak said:   Wish Jan 7th would hurry UP.
7-UP?

kamalktk said:   FrugalFreak said:   Wish Jan 7th would hurry UP.
7-UP?

as long as it has a crystal taste.

FrugalFreak said:   kamalktk said:   FrugalFreak said:   Wish Jan 7th would hurry UP.
7-UP?

as long as it has a crystal taste.

Careful.

Game day.
Go Alabama. Smother those Irish into oblivion.

Game Day!

When Irish eyes are smiling,
'Tis like a morn in spring.
With a lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.

There's a game still?! Beside Vegas, who else cares?

Yep. It's just the national championship game. That's all.

KayK said:   Game day.
Go Alabama. Smother those Irish into oblivion.
Good job.

/shakes head/

CNN Article : http://m.cnn.com/primary/cnnd_fullarticle?topic=newsarticle&category=cnnd_latest&articleId=cnn/2013/01/17/sport/manti-teo-controversy

Deadspin said: There was no Lennay Kekua. Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009. Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford. Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii. Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident. Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone. She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant. She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone. She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral. Her favorite color was not white. Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest.

Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

I never followed the off the field story about Teo too closely.. I guess I heard about it but I never really tuned in. So the fact that the media story unraveled is not a let down for me.

The rest of the story may get more interesting now. But this becomes more of a story about fallen celebrity then a football story now.

KayK said:   /shakes head/

CNN Article : http://m.cnn.com/primary/cnnd_fullarticle?topic=newsarticle&category=cnnd_latest&articleId=cnn/2013/01/17/sport/manti-teo-controversy

Deadspin said: There was no Lennay Kekua. Lennay Kekua did not meet Manti Te'o after the Stanford game in 2009. Lennay Kekua did not attend Stanford. Lennay Kekua never visited Manti Te'o in Hawaii. Lennay Kekua was not in a car accident. Lennay Kekua did not talk to Manti Te'o every night on the telephone. She was not diagnosed with cancer, did not spend time in the hospital, did not engage in a lengthy battle with leukemia. She never had a bone marrow transplant. She was not released from the hospital on Sept. 10, nor did Brian Te'o congratulate her for this over the telephone. She did not insist that Manti Te'o play in the Michigan State or Michigan games, and did not request he send white flowers to her funeral. Her favorite color was not white. Her brother, Koa, did not inform Manti Te'o that she was dead. Koa did not exist. Her funeral did not take place in Carson, Calif., and her casket was not closed at 9 a.m. exactly. She was not laid to rest.

Lennay Kekua's last words to Manti Te'o were not "I love you."

It gets weirder. A pro football player says he met the girlfriend in person and was friends with her family. Text

And then there's the interview where Te'o himself said he met her.
In an interview with ESPN.com for "College GameDay" on Oct. 2, Te'o said Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met." Text

The story will be around until it all gets explained truthfully. There obviously is a lot more work to be done. Another press release isn't going to fix things.

-- "It was hard. I lost a woman who I truly love, but I have my family around me and my football family. At the end of the day, families are forever and I will see them again someday. It is a great escape. I will be honest, throughout the game you are still thinking about it, but football allows me to be in a little realm, a little world that I know. I can honor them by the way I played. It was for them, for my girl and my grandma, and for all my loved ones who have passed on. They are all watching. It was a happy moment."
-> Te'o at the news conference after the Michigan State game on September 15.

-- "I really wanted to see her (in the hospital), but I knew that she made me promise, 'If anything happens to me, you'll stay over there and you'll play. You'll honor me through the way you play. I'd rather have you there. All she wanted was some white roses. White was her favorite color, so I sent her roses and sent her two picks (interceptions) along with that."
-> Te'o in the Irish Illustrated.com on October 3.

-- "That has to be the hardest thing that I've had to do so far; to be able to operate, and to be able to try to continue with my daily routine, but knowing that I just lost two women that I truly loved. That was the hardest thing. And the other hardest thing was my girlfriend's service was the day of the Michigan game. And I remember when I found out I knew when they were going to close the casket and all that stuff, and it was during the walk through. And I remember I asked Coach Diaco, ' Coach, what time is it?' And he said, 'It's 12:01.' And that would be 9, 9:01, California time and 9 is when they closed the casket for my girlfriend, so I had a moment then."
-> Te'o at a news conference on October 4.

-- "They started out as just friends. Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple. And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."
-> Brian Te'o told the South Bend Tribune on October 13.

-- "I cried, I yelled. I never felt that way before. This is six hours after I just found out my grandma passed away and you take the love of my life. The last thing she said to me was, 'I love you.' And that was it."
-> Te'o to ESPN.com in October.

-- "There's nothing I can say to explain it unless somebody's been there before. Somebody told me once the hardest thing about goodbyes is when you wake up in the morning you have to say it again when you realize that they're not there. So every morning when I wake up and my girlfriend is not on the phone it reminds me that she's gone. That's the hardest part for me. I go through it every day."
-> Te'o in the Boston Globe on November 10.

-- "It was a roller coaster, a constant struggle just to find balance through the adversity that my family went through. It hit me a number of times. When adversity hits like it did, my life became very plain, very black and white. It was like trying to walk through mud. It was kind of like, 'Man, I know I can do this, but how long do I have to do this for?' And I would think of my grandfather (who died in January 2012). All the chemo he went through, how hard he fought. And he never complained. Never. He was always more worried about everyone else, about getting everyone through his illness. So when I lost my grandmother and Lennay, I thought of him. He was my strength.''
-> Te'o in the December 30 edition of the New York Post

guy on facebook said

"After watching the championship game I have my doubts whether Te'o exists, too."

BaHahaha

Chip Kelly going to Philly. Yessss!

Manti should have just said she lived in Canada and gone with the trope.

Teoing (28.82kB)
Disclaimer
<-- ROFL

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014