• 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:
Post your happy thoughts, good fortune, and things that made you smile here.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
not a fan of that song. i'm rethinking that last kudo

I HAVE A JOB! Start Monday! I could cry of relief.

Congrats!

Very happy for you, Jen!
Whatcha gonna be doing, if you care to share?

Hope
Disclaimer
Congrats!

I found this quote:

more Nurse Rached for me...

Sold an item at Amazon.com for more than I was trying to sell it for at recent debacle yard sale. Yay!

it turned into a beautiful day

GREAT date. YAY! It's about time. Even though he's originally from NY, which I promised I wouldn't hold against him. YAY!!

DS 13 (a 7th grader) was chosen for state in CC. He's going to the state varsity high school competition. My kid has some mettle I never had, that's for sure.

Coworker brought a Box Of Joe from DD for another coworker's birthday.
Yay more coffee!

Divided and re-potted a cymbidium orchid by myself. Diameter of the container is 20 inches and plant was fully root-bound, making it very difficult to separate. Whew! It was a HUGE mess but I got tired of waiting for someone who said he would help me with it and did it on my own (it's a whole bunch easier with 2 people, however). Yay!

1) My 22 yr old nephew (gifted, unchallenged in high school, dropped out of college twice, living at home) posted DS18 perfect ACT score on his facebook page.
I think he was at my mom's (his grandma) house and saw a copy of it on her fridge, looks like he put it on her table and took a picture of it.

Makes me smile inside that he feels proud of his cousin

2) DS18 high school is having a recognition breakfast for the students that won awards/achievements for the AP's or National Merit Scholarships. I'm glad they are recognizing the brainy kids; these days it feels like all the attention goes to the athletic ones.

damn what is his SATs???
mom2jel said:   1) My 22 yr old nephew (gifted, unchallenged in high school, dropped out of college twice, living at home) posted DS18 perfect ACT score on his facebook page.
I think he was at my mom's (his grandma) house and saw a copy of it on her fridge, looks like he put it on her table and took a picture of it.

2) DS18 high school is having a recognition breakfast for the students that won awards/achievements for the AP's or National Merit Scholarships. I'm glad they are recognizing the brainy kids; these days it feels like all the attention goes to the athletic ones.

BBQ at lunch - free food, "thanks for working here" gift card from the boss, and chatting time with new guy.

At safeway today there was a knife presentation/in-store promo. For listening to the hawker dude speak non-stop for about 5 minutes, each person in the "audience" received a free paring knife. It's a $5 value! Couldn't resist.

Corganiacs said:   damn what is his SATs???
mom2jel said:   1) My 22 yr old nephew (gifted, unchallenged in high school, dropped out of college twice, living at home) posted DS18 perfect ACT score on his facebook page.

ACT: 36 (34 on the essay)
PSAT: 229
SAT: 2240
AP's: nine w/score of 5; two w/score of 4
GPA: 3.91 (unweighted)
this is all with very little hard studying

You can see this post for more.

Kandykornhead said:   DS 13 (a 7th grader) was chosen for state in CC. He's going to the state varsity high school competition. My kid has some mettle I never had, that's for sure.
Congrats!
My DS14 (9th grader) broke the 19-minute mark last week at his 5k race, he got a 18:57. I broke down and got him running spikes two weeks ago, he claims that's why he ran faster, LOL.

I want to take the SATs, right now. I want to see if im smrter or dumber then I was a decade ago.

mom2jel said:   Kandykornhead said:   DS 13 (a 7th grader) was chosen for state in CC. He's going to the state varsity high school competition. My kid has some mettle I never had, that's for sure.
Congrats!
My DS14 (9th grader) broke the 19-minute mark last week at his 5k race, he got a 18:57. I broke down and got him running spikes two weeks ago, he claims that's why he ran faster, LOL.
Thanks. We have a policy of going cheap on a sport until the second season. WalMart's version of Underarmor, for example. We'll see if he wants to compete in it next year. For spikes we're talking $100+, right? Yoiks.

Kandykornhead said:   mom2jel said:   Kandykornhead said:   DS 13 (a 7th grader) was chosen for state in CC. He's going to the state varsity high school competition. My kid has some mettle I never had, that's for sure.
Congrats!
Thanks. We have a policy of going cheap on a sport until the second season. WalMart's version of Underarmor, for example. We'll see if he wants to compete in it next year. For spikes we're talking $100+, right? Yoiks.

Nope, we went to a awesome local running store that they had him try on different brands; he went with a pair of Brooks which were normally $60, we got them for $45 (plus a free pair of socks, and shoe bag).
The Nike online site had some for $45. I get the C9 items from Target, they have some good running items (like the "tights" under-shorts). Otherwise, for the same price as Target's C9 items, I am always searching Marshall's and have found Nike or UA items for him.
Today we used a 25% coupon to buy a Nike (sweat) headband for him - $4.
DS would like to do Nordic skiing, but I that's where it gets $$$. CC is actually pretty cheap, IMO.

lol you are set momma bear. harvard here i come
mom2jel said:   Corganiacs said:   damn what is his SATs???

ACT: 36 (34 on the essay)
PSAT: 229
SAT: 2240
AP's: nine w/score of 5; two w/score of 4
GPA: 3.91 (unweighted)
this is all with very little hard studying

You can see this post for more.

while cleaning out my call and text logs, I came across some texts from a questionable friend...
I will probably never have the answer as to his true nature, but we had some great chats and the texts made me smile both then and now
so thanks, buddy. hope you are doing well

questionable texts= flirty texts?

sublimosa said:   while cleaning out my call and text logs, I came across some texts from a questionable friend...
I will probably never have the answer as to his true nature, but we had some great chats and the texts made me smile both then and now
so thanks, buddy. hope you are doing well

flirty? kinda sorta, in a non sexual teasing way
as in, not like fwot material
fun, sweet

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

(someone had to do it...)

george2001 said:   Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

(someone had to do it...)

If my obvious pun made you happy, then it belongs in the kudos thread.

if my obvious buns make you happy, then they belong in the kudos thread

morecowbell said:   if my obvious buns make you happy, then they belong in the kudos thread

...or over in the "McDonalds Pervert" thread

thanks for that grapey

It's raining outside; I am indoors.

kirbydog said:   It's raining outside; I am indoors.

Here too! First rain of the season.

akiri423 said:   kirbydog said:   It's raining outside; I am indoors.

I'm ok with it as long as the Giants game can still be played at 5PM! Go Giants!!

kirbydog said:   akiri423 said:   kirbydog said:   It's raining outside; I am indoors.

I'm ok with it as long as the Giants game can still be played at 5PM! Go Giants!!

So another FWOTer in nor/bay cal?

yep

I am outside and it is a fairly decent day, not raining although it is supposed to for the next several days and has the past few

listening to alice in chains and talking to a girl named allison

come to think of it, i just PMed another girl named alison. hmmm

just had a white chocolate covered pumpkin pretzel so delicious as an afternoon treat
my friend sent me again some starbucks pumpkin spice Via and pumpkin pop tarts
i am glad to have his friendship!!!

There's something definitely satisfying about hearing other people say they think your ex is (insert profane names here).

Skipping 460 Messages...
Please visit kudis 5, which is already made, being imported from finance

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014