• Text Only
rated:
I am guilty; I confess!
ETA thread #

thread title too wordy. ::gruble::

peevish (64.68kB)
Disclaimer
I like it, Limo!

I've been waiting for a chance to post this cute cartoon, so I bestow it upon your thread of peevery.

Pic hint for Limo: Cyanide and Happiness cartoon;
Frame 1: two guys are standing around observing a cute, little, purple octopus-like creature eating bits of kibble from a bowl
Frame 2: one guy says to the other "What in the world is that?"
Frame 3: the other guy replies "It's my pet peeve."
Frame 4: he adds, "It sits around chewing with its mouth open."
Frame 5: the two guys continue staring at the little creature while it takes another piece of kibble from the bowl with its tentacle and pops it into its mouth
Frame 6: the pet peeve's owner says, "I freaking hate it."

If someone else posts a peeve thread, they might accuse you of peevery thievery.

Peevery Theivery-I was robbed!

Really?

superfluous question marks

scrouds said:   thread title too wordy. ::gruble::
Hamburglar?

morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks

And in the verbal world, people who end statements like a question? My name is Webferret? I'm not sure how to make a statement without it sounding like a question?

morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks
You can't be serious, surely????

sublimosa said:   morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks
i don't even get what they're going for. one question mark means "i asked a question." a question mark and an exclamation point means "i am asking a question and i feel very strongly about this." multiple question marks mean...?

morecowbell said:   sublimosa said:   morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks
i don't even get what they're going for. one question mark means "i asked a question." a question mark and an exclamation point means "i am asking a question and i feel very strongly about this." multiple question marks mean...?

Try imagining tina fey saying "really?" once for each extra question mark.

"So ya got caught with a bag of pot in Miami airport. Really? ya didn't think they'd check for drugs in Miami International airport? Really? I mean, really!"

incredulity, perhaps?
for me, !? or ?! means a question and I am stunned (I think that is what it means)
are your superfluous question marks from a professional?

sublimosa said:   morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley!

Limo: Pic of Leslie Nielsen in the movie Airplane

My weekly insurance rant. <insert any previous Wednesday rant into this space. They are all the same.>

Idiot DH who takes hamburger out of the freezer, puts it on a tiny plate to thaw in fridge.
That hamburger leaked off the plate and all over the fridge - including the new, large container of $$ yogurt I use to make DS18 morning smoothies with - the same DS that has a compromised immune system thanks to his meds for his Crohn's

ETA: DH that won't answer the (home) phone at 10:40 at night when his work calls him and the rest of us has to listen to it ring.
Then his coworker(s) will hang up w/o leaving a message and call back in 5 minutes. Repeat.
(We're under DH's orders not to answer the phone if his work calls)

charlie horse in the calves in the night that won't go away

soundtechie said:   morecowbell said:   sublimosa said:   morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks

"So ya got caught with a bag of pot in Miami airport. Really? ya didn't think they'd check for drugs in Miami International airport? Really? I mean, really!"

that's *a* way to look at it. here's another:

linkage

Are you using proper sentence structure? First word capitalized with appropriate punctuation? Multiple instances of !!! or ??? are perceived as rude or condescending.

kinda like all caps - it hurts my eyes

morecowbell said:   soundtechie said:   morecowbell said:   sublimosa said:   morecowbell said:   superfluous question marks

that's *a* way to look at it. here's another:

linkage

Are you using proper sentence structure? First word capitalized with appropriate punctuation? Multiple instances of !!! or ??? are perceived as rude or condescending.

kinda like all caps - it hurts my eyes
Grammar: the difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

I enjoy putting on sweatpants or trackpants on a cool evening when I'm done working out. Unfortunately, I'm also short, and it seems like most of the pants out there have open cuffs. Why is it so hard to find pants with elastic at the bottom, and nearly impossible to find ones with elastic and those little zippers that allow one to put pants on without taking off one's sneakers?

I think this is yet another example of how the height-impaired are given the short end of the stick. Speaking of which, why is the short end of the stick the bad end? Yet another example of our heightist society.

MadAnthony said:   I enjoy putting on sweatpants or trackpants on a cool evening when I'm done working out. Unfortunately, I'm also short, and it seems like most of the pants out there have open cuffs. Why is it so hard to find pants with elastic at the bottom, and nearly impossible to find ones with elastic and those little zippers that allow one to put pants on without taking off one's sneakers?

I think this is yet another example of how the height-impaired are given the short end of the stick. Speaking of which, why is the short end of the stick the bad end? Yet another example of our heightist society.
I can probably explain to you how to add elastic to pants hems if you like. lmk!

Getting dressed this morning and noticed an enormous bruise on my inner ankle from where the bicycle pedal whacked me when I dropped my bike the other day. I seem to continue to look like I have been on the wrong end of a fistfight.

kirbydog said:   Getting dressed this morning and noticed an enormous bruise on my inner ankle from where the bicycle pedal whacked me when I dropped my bike the other day. I seem to continue to look like I have been on the wrong end of a fistfight.

What happened?

kirbydog said:   Getting dressed this morning and noticed an enormous bruise on my inner ankle from where the bicycle pedal whacked me when I dropped my bike the other day. I seem to continue to look like I have been on the wrong end of a fistfight.

I'm that way, too. I'm a klutz + I bruise easily. I tripped over nothing and fell on concrete last week. I have a giant bruise on my butt and I injured my wrist. It's always something

mewhojen said:   charlie horse in the calves in the night that won't go away

Try taking sublingal vitamin B-12 when that happens. I read it somewhere and was suprised to find that it works for me, even though my B-12 level isn't low.

moonbeam said:   mewhojen said:   charlie horse in the calves in the night that won't go away

Try taking sublingal vitamin B-12 when that happens. I read it somewhere and was suprised to find that it works for me, even though my B-12 level isn't low.
Once when I was a kid I had leg cramps in the night. My old man said it was "a lack of iodine in the system" and gave me salt water to drink. I kept my growing pains to myself after that.

parents letting their children leave the outgoing message on an answering machine/voicemail
it is not cute
it is not endearing
it is annoying and a time waster
btw, didn't I say not too long ago that I wouldn't allow myself to be put in charge of getting a group together for an outing ever again?
/headsmack

Kandykornhead said:   moonbeam said:   mewhojen said:   charlie horse in the calves in the night that won't go away

Once when I was a kid I had leg cramps in the night. My old man said it was "a lack of iodine in the system" and gave me salt water to drink. I kept my growing pains to myself after that.

Another home remedy is quinine. Drink some tonic water.

with, or without gin?

my mother drinks some every night (quinine, that is, not gin) for the charlie horses
schwepps

Doesn't it help with malaria or something? I seem to remember that from a show about the Panama Canal.

Minor peeve of the moment: I really like Sargento's new thinner cheese slices. But the commercials? Sorry I don't believe your production facility looks like a artisan shop in the french countryside. Kindly looking men in colorful aprons hand slicing cheese with 6" chef's knives. I'm pretty sure Alton Brown couldn't slice cheese as perfectly as your company does.

yes

sublimosa said:   my mother drinks some every night (quinine, that is, not gin) for the charlie horses
schwepps

FDA says not to do it. It's ineffective and can kill you. She'd probably be better off drinking the gin.

I used to have leg cramps at night. Went away when I went low carb. Only comes back on cheat days when a cheat late and have lots of sweets.

moonbeam said:   sublimosa said:   my mother drinks some every night (quinine, that is, not gin) for the charlie horses
schwepps

FDA says not to do it. It's ineffective and can kill you. She'd probably be better off drinking the gin.

The amount of quinine in tonic water is so low it would be hard to get a large enough dose to do any damage. Personally, I think it's a symptom of dehydration and the water part of tonic does more good. I know some people who swear by it, but I think it's more a mental reaction than an actual physical one.

However, as usual, I'll qualify that by saying I'm not a medical professional. Therefore, this is only my opinion and not to be construed as medical advice.

Pissed my geographic tongue won't take a week off. Only thing that does not hurt to eat lately is candy. Laffy taffy for diner tonight.

actually, charlie horses have more to do with either a calcium or potassium imbalance.

Took a vitamin that night & made cheesy scalloped taters & ham. Cured.

Designing tee designs, Entering a contest, trying my best, following the rules like I have for the past 5 years and pretty much being called a cheater because I happened to asked people to vote and they did. I only got 2 more votes than last year. Was I suppose to tell people not to vote for me or to vote for others so they got the results they wanted? I didn't know what the final outcome would be just like they didn't, I could have very well been last with my vote numbers if they got their vote out more.

I am peeved at myself for collecting a bunch of crap I don't need and don't regularly use over the last five years. I hate moving.

and no. eating one banana will merely even raise your potassium 0.1 meq. So don't try. you will ending up stuffing yourself with at least 100 bananas or more

mewhojen said:   actually, charlie horses have more to do with either a calcium or potassium imbalance.

Took a vitamin that night & made cheesy scalloped taters & ham. Cured.

Skipping 461 Messages...
mac is a burger!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014