• Text Only

Clover has so much personality. I love "talking" with her. She chatters on and on and on, is very animated and is quite easy to understand. An exchange we had last night: I set down a dish of Wellness Turkey, which isn't one of her favorites. Clover ran over, chattering, all excited, then stopped short, turned and glared at me. Then she looked up, meowed, and gestured towards the bag of cat treats on the counter. So easy to understand.

cat beard
Disclaimer
Cats can let the facially hairless have beards:

Penny has a toilet fetish. She loves watching the toilet being flushed. It turns out this is not limited to humans making their poo go down the drain.

We had an old littermaid sitting around and hooked it up for her. She uses the thing, and then 15 minutes later the motor starts. She sprints to the box to watch it, gets in to inspect. 15 minutes later it goes off, she sprints to the box to watch it, gets in to inspect.....

saw a tv ad for a new (new to me) cat toy, cat's meow

commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFLeQhqn4tc

youtube vid of real cats (big ragdolls) with same toy/different version:
'undercover mouse'

will wait for as-seen-on-tv version when it hits stores for cheaper, but this is pretty cute.

Sprintx said:   15 Reasons Why Having A Cat Is Better Than Having A Boyfriend

sorry to click into this so late, but what is the creature cuddling up to the white kitten in #12 ?
a seal?

not a cat person, But happy watching vid

FrugalFreak said:   not a cat person, But happy watching vid

Cat at 1:10 needs to be taken to the vet. Per my vet, cats don't pant when they're hot like dogs. When cats pant, it means they're having breathing difficulty, possibly an asthma attack.

moonbeam said:   I've got a bit of a kitty war on my hands, too. I'm having a difficult time transitioning Clover into the group, even though I've been taking it very, very slowly and following the experts' step by step recommendations. Muffin is fine with Clover and was even making adorably friendly gestures toward her today. However, Tiger Lily is being a real jerk. She keeps suddenly attacking Clover for no reason, even though I'm right there. Today there was even blood. (One drop, but still...) Poor little Clover is terrified of her. She's not feeling safe in her new home. When I adopted Tiger Lily, the behaviorist at the ASPCA shelter gave me her business card and told me to contact her any time. I think I'm going to have to do that.

Clover and Tiger Lily still don't get along. Clover is terrified of Tiger Lily and exhibits a lot of defensive aggression towards her (hissing, growling, threatening looks...no actual fighting). So Tiger Lily behaves somewhat aggressively in return (threatening looks, invading her personal space) verifying Clover's fear of her. I still can't leave them alone together when I'm out. This is really getting old. Can't we all just get along? @@

moonbeam said:   moonbeam said:   I've got a bit of a kitty war on my hands, too. I'm having a difficult time transitioning Clover into the group, even though I've been taking it very, very slowly and following the experts' step by step recommendations. Muffin is fine with Clover and was even making adorably friendly gestures toward her today. However, Tiger Lily is being a real jerk. She keeps suddenly attacking Clover for no reason, even though I'm right there. Today there was even blood. (One drop, but still...) Poor little Clover is terrified of her. She's not feeling safe in her new home. When I adopted Tiger Lily, the behaviorist at the ASPCA shelter gave me her business card and told me to contact her any time. I think I'm going to have to do that.

Clover and Tiger Lily still don't get along. Clover is terrified of Tiger Lily and exhibits a lot of defensive aggression towards her (hissing, growling, threatening looks...no actual fighting). So Tiger Lily behaves somewhat aggressively in return (threatening looks, invading her personal space) verifying Clover's fear of her. I still can't leave them alone together when I'm out. This is really getting old. Can't we all just get along? @@

My Cat from Hell is casting.
http://animal.discovery.com/pets/casting-couch/my-cat-from-hell-...
http://www.3ballproductions.com/My_Cat_From_Hell.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFH2QqIzVY

moonbeam said:   moonbeam said:   I've got a bit of a kitty war on my hands, too. I'm having a difficult time transitioning Clover into the group, even though I've been taking it very, very slowly and following the experts' step by step recommendations. Muffin is fine with Clover and was even making adorably friendly gestures toward her today. However, Tiger Lily is being a real jerk. She keeps suddenly attacking Clover for no reason, even though I'm right there. Today there was even blood. (One drop, but still...) Poor little Clover is terrified of her. She's not feeling safe in her new home. When I adopted Tiger Lily, the behaviorist at the ASPCA shelter gave me her business card and told me to contact her any time. I think I'm going to have to do that.

Do you have two people in your home?
While watching TV, or sitting together, each of you hold a cat. And don't let go even if the cat complains.

Columbus is napping on my lap.
He's very calming.

For me dogs are always better than cats… I hate to have pets but it is manageable with dog rather than cat.

For me dogs are always better than cats… I hate to have pets but it is manageable with dog rather than cat.

camiolo said:   moonbeam said:   moonbeam said:   I've got a bit of a kitty war on my hands, too. I'm having a difficult time transitioning Clover into the group, even though I've been taking it very, very slowly and following the experts' step by step recommendations. Muffin is fine with Clover and was even making adorably friendly gestures toward her today. However, Tiger Lily is being a real jerk. She keeps suddenly attacking Clover for no reason, even though I'm right there. Today there was even blood. (One drop, but still...) Poor little Clover is terrified of her. She's not feeling safe in her new home. When I adopted Tiger Lily, the behaviorist at the ASPCA shelter gave me her business card and told me to contact her any time. I think I'm going to have to do that.

Do you have two people in your home?
While watching TV, or sitting together, each of you hold a cat. And don't let go even if the cat complains.

I've thought of that and I really like the idea, but I live alone and kitties don't know any of my friends well enough to be comfortable with sitting on their lap. Kitties generally hide when anyone visits or even knocks on the door.

How to wake up a kitty.
http://youtu.be/o1Wj98Y01NE?t=3m47s

very short clip

I had several house guests for a few days last month. Tiger Lily and Clover now seem to be getting along better, after they spent some time hiding in the bedroom together. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Two kids forced into one big t-shirt
Disclaimer
moonbeam said:   moonbeam said:   moonbeam said:   I've got a bit of a kitty war on my hands, too. I'm having a difficult time transitioning Clover into the group, even though I've been taking it very, very slowly and following the experts' step by step recommendations. Muffin is fine with Clover and was even making adorably friendly gestures toward her today. However, Tiger Lily is being a real jerk. She keeps suddenly attacking Clover for no reason, even though I'm right there. Today there was even blood. (One drop, but still...) Poor little Clover is terrified of her. She's not feeling safe in her new home. When I adopted Tiger Lily, the behaviorist at the ASPCA shelter gave me her business card and told me to contact her any time. I think I'm going to have to do that.

I had several house guests for a few days last month. Tiger Lily and Clover now seem to be getting along better, after they spent some time hiding in the bedroom together. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

This reminds me of all the pics on the internet of kids having to wear a "get along shirt" together as a result of their fighting.

OverMachoGrande said:   
pics on the internet of kids having to wear a "get along shirt" together as a result of their fighting.

This needs its own thread!

seriously, post it.

help, there's a cat in my paper tray
Disclaimer
Cat logic. Why sleep on a cat bed when you can sleep on a box?

sigh

sublimosa said:   

sigh

what?

I scanned a picture of the last cat I had, but it didn't scan well/maybe I scanned the wrong picture and
either way, I was unable to share the pic of my sweet baby with all of you

Tiger Lily and Clover were bickering again last night. 90% Tiger Lily's fault. No one challenges Muffin's spot as alpha kitty, but Tiger Lily is very worried about Clover taking her spot as 2nd kitty. Tiger Lily doesn't actually hurt Clover, she just lunges towards her, causing wimpy little Clover to flee and hide under the bed, terrified. Clover doesn't care about dominance or status; she just wants Tiger Lily to be nice and to stop threatening her.

mrrrrrow!

moonbeam said:   Tiger Lily and Clover were bickering again last night. 90% Tiger Lily's fault. No one challenges Muffin's spot as alpha kitty, but Tiger Lily is very worried about Clover taking her spot as 2nd kitty. Tiger Lily doesn't actually hurt Clover, she just lunges towards her, causing wimpy little Clover to flee and hide under the bed, terrified. Clover doesn't care about dominance or status; she just wants Tiger Lily to be nice and to stop threatening her.

have you ever seen any "my cat from hell" shows?
the guy seems to want ppl to wear cats out with toys, but he does have some good tricks when it comes to kitty rivalries.

click for average size.
Disclaimer
Average housecat shown for scale.

sub for Limo: Newspaper report indicates the average housecat is almost 15 feet tall.

iowahawkeye said:   moonbeam said:   Tiger Lily and Clover were bickering again last night. 90% Tiger Lily's fault. No one challenges Muffin's spot as alpha kitty, but Tiger Lily is very worried about Clover taking her spot as 2nd kitty. Tiger Lily doesn't actually hurt Clover, she just lunges towards her, causing wimpy little Clover to flee and hide under the bed, terrified. Clover doesn't care about dominance or status; she just wants Tiger Lily to be nice and to stop threatening her.

have you ever seen any "my cat from hell" shows?
the guy seems to want ppl to wear cats out with toys, but he does have some good tricks when it comes to kitty rivalries.

His main technique is to put up screen doors in the middle of houses. I don't think my landlord would appreciate that. And it's not that kitties aren't used to each other or that they hiss or fight or anything. They can sit together fine for extended periods of time. Then Tiger Lily will suddenly jump up and lunge at Clover totally out of the blue and for no apparent reason. No wonder Clover is nervous around her. @@

kamalktk said:   Average housecat shown for scale.

sub for Limo: Newspaper report indicates the average housecat is almost 15 feet tall.

WTF? Is that supposed to be joke? Or are the staff of that newspaper all crackheads?

moonbeam said:   kamalktk said:   Average housecat shown for scale.

WTF? Is that supposed to be joke? Or are the staff of that newspaper all crackheads?

The graph starts at 13 feet 6 inches at the bottom. The cat hight is to illustrate the difference between the top of a truck and proposed bridge height, presumably because most trucks have a cat sitting up on the top of the trailer.

"•Any member introducing a dog into the Society's premises shall be liable to a fine of one pound. Any animal leading a blind person shall be deemed to be a cat." - Rule 46, Oxford Union Society, London

•Women and cats do as they dammed well please, and men and dogs had best learn to live with it.

Well, I guess i can't commit murder, because the cat hair would give me away.

My boy was screaming at me for a full 24 hours after I got back from Colorado. He's still freakin' out when I leave, even for a few minutes. He was a stray, he has abandonment issues, and he thinks dad is the best thing ever. I wouldn't have him be any other way.

Bath time.
Disclaimer

Saw this on animal planet.
http://www.ipetcompanion.com/   

remote play with shelter cats/kittens

2 minutes of moving the camera & shaking various toys.

need to install Silverlight, but it is a quick Microsoft download.
http://youtu.be/uVFLOFg5Cjs (animal planet story)

Henry
Disclaimer

Emo and Henry meet.
Disclaimer
joined the cat clan

24 old time men with cats

I like the bandleader's cat named Hep.... 'cuz it's a hep cat. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014