• 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:
I thought I was 499th post, but turns out I was 500. Apologies to KKH.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
hola.
me llamo KayK.
donde es el bano?

NP KD. You might want to put (90) at the end of your title so we can keep it straight, tho.

Just going through the new quotes for homeowner's insurance. Why am I just now noticing it is taxed? Yep. Sales tax on insurance. That seems so wrong to me.

all apologies - nirvana

Kandykornhead said:   NP KD. You might want to put (90) at the end of your title so we can keep it straight, tho. Thanks, I will. Got so excited to be able to start the new thread that I didn't note what number I was supposed to put so I used "gajillion" as the placeholder.

dinner on the company

sorry, I'm riding in the no kids car.

FrugalFreak said:   sorry, I'm riding in the no kids car. I'm with you! I often wonder how my parents survived having 4 of us in the car. We fought a lot about everything as kids.

Burger King Japan tries to get Burgerwars to visit via an all you can eat promotion. Text

kirbydog said:   FrugalFreak said:   sorry, I'm riding in the no kids car. I'm with you! I often wonder how my parents survived having 4 of us in the car. We fought a lot about everything as kids.

One of my nieces posted a picture of the No Fighting shirt. It was an adult sized tshirt that the mom had put on both kids so they each had one arm in a sleeve. I explained that I would have loved being trapped in that shirt with my brother. I could have beat the crap out of him and he couldnt get away.

She decided thats what her two kids would probably do too.

Car trips were the worst. I just wanted to read and sleep. My brother was hyper, so he was bouncing around. My sister is 6 years younger, so she was the screaming tattletale. The perfect target for him. Which, of course, meant I had to beat on him to make him leave her alone because she kept waking me up with her shrill screams. Im surprised my parents didnt just leave us on the side of the road after they had to pull over to separate us.

SilverII said:   dinner on the companyi'd like to have mila kunis over for company. then have dinner *on* the company

webferret said:   
Car trips were the worst. I just wanted to read and sleep. My brother was hyper, so he was bouncing around. My sister is 6 years younger, so she was the screaming tattletale. The perfect target for him. Which, of course, meant I had to beat on him to make him leave her alone because she kept waking me up with her shrill screams. Im surprised my parents didnt just leave us on the side of the road after they had to pull over to separate us.


I was thrilled when my parents bought a minivan (a sky-blue 1989 Plymouth Voyager, with the 100hp 2.4 4-banger because my dad refused to get the v6 because it was made by Mitsubishi and he didn't want to support the Japanese). Instead of taking the back seat out and using the space for luggage, my brother and I got our own half a bench, with the other half being piled with luggage.

We should reach 50,000 random thoughts sometime in May.

Kandykornhead said:   We should reach 50,000 random thoughts sometime in May.Imagine the company $$$'s wasted

KayK said:   Kandykornhead said:   We should reach 50,000 random thoughts sometime in May.Imagine the company $$$'s wasted
<----quits job in despair

(<-actually, closes laptop and goes to work)

KayK said:   Kandykornhead said:   We should reach 50,000 random thoughts sometime in May.Imagine the company $$$'s wasted i dunno - i'm of the belief that people who are given room to breath are more productive than those that are watched over too closely

So my people bought me a 5 pack of Office 2010 licenses, way back in September, I think. I just actually applied one of the licenses to get the red bar to go away. It worked fine, but I wonder how long you can just use it without a license. It didn't seem gimped in any way. Also, I think I can sell one of these licenses to my colleague in the next city over because his 501c3 is the same as mine. Does that seem kosher? Note: in the first question I'm asking what a pirate could theoretically get away with, in the second I'm talking about doing the right thing.

MadAnthony said:   webferret said:   
Car trips were the worst. I just wanted to read and sleep. My brother was hyper, so he was bouncing around. My sister is 6 years younger, so she was the screaming tattletale. The perfect target for him. Which, of course, meant I had to beat on him to make him leave her alone because she kept waking me up with her shrill screams. Im surprised my parents didnt just leave us on the side of the road after they had to pull over to separate us.


I was thrilled when my parents bought a minivan (a sky-blue 1989 Plymouth Voyager, with the 100hp 2.4 4-banger because my dad refused to get the v6 because it was made by Mitsubishi and he didn't want to support the Japanese). Instead of taking the back seat out and using the space for luggage, my brother and I got our own half a bench, with the other half being piled with luggage.
My parents had a 1970 Ford Ranch wagon. My 2 brothers and I shared the back seat on 6-8 hour car rides going camping, not a lot of fun.

Wife & I got an Odyssey in 2001, 3 rows / 7 seats for 2 adults and 2 kids. Both kids had a full row to themselves and all luggage usually fit behind the 3rd row in the well. Made driving to FL & DC from MA fairly enjoyable. Made sure the Sienna we got in June had 7 seats for the same reason.

Had an exciting time last night. I went to go work out at the campus Rec, and just as my friend and I started, a staff member came by and told us to go shelter in the corner, "there's something going on in the building". Talk about a nice stress-inducing nondescript reason! After another couple minutes of all of us wondering what was going on, he came by again and told us to grab our stuff if we could get it fast, and to run out of the building at the front. As I left, I passed three policemen carrying some sort of large weaponry (rifles?) at the ready coming in... and as I got out of the area a helicopter went by overhead, training its light on the Rec and more police cars were pulling up with lights rolling.

Nothing apparently actually happened, nobody was apprehended, no suspect description was obtained; I'm wondering if it was a prank (and if so, hope they find the prankster and throw the book at him, that was scary and high resource use!) Did rather make for an exciting evening though.

quats said:   Had an exciting time last night. I went to go work out at the campus Rec, and just as my friend and I started, a staff member came by and told us to go shelter in the corner, "there's something going on in the building". Talk about a nice stress-inducing nondescript reason! After another couple minutes of all of us wondering what was going on, he came by again and told us to grab our stuff if we could get it fast, and to run out of the building at the front. As I left, I passed three policemen carrying some sort of large weaponry (rifles?) at the ready coming in... and as I got out of the area a helicopter went by overhead, training its light on the Rec and more police cars were pulling up with lights rolling.

Nothing apparently actually happened, nobody was apprehended, no suspect description was obtained; I'm wondering if it was a prank (and if so, hope they find the prankster and throw the book at him, that was scary and high resource use!) Did rather make for an exciting evening though.
University of Houston?
HOUSTON – Police at the University of Houston say they’re working to locate the individual who reported that a gunman was inside the school’s recreation center on Wednesday night.

A school spokeswoman said it was around 10:15 p.m. when a caller reported there was a gunman on campus.

Officials quickly evacuated the Campus Recreation & Wellness Center, and police moved in. After a thorough search, no gunman was ever found.

Students leaving the building said many people were running to get out, causing panic. Some spread rumors that shots were fired, although this was never the case.

The school would not confirm that the call was a prank, but authorities said they were working to trace the call.

An investigation is ongoing.

Kandykornhead said:   So my people bought me a 5 pack of Office 2010 licenses, way back in September, I think. I just actually applied one of the licenses to get the red bar to go away. It worked fine, but I wonder how long you can just use it without a license. It didn't seem gimped in any way. Also, I think I can sell one of these licenses to my colleague in the next city over because his 501c3 is the same as mine. Does that seem kosher? Note: in the first question I'm asking what a pirate could theoretically get away with, in the second I'm talking about doing the right thing.IMO, it's ethical to do so, however, software licensing is in a reality all of its own and i can't answer if what you are doing are completely within the license agreement.

ZenNUTS said:   Kandykornhead said:   So my people bought me a 5 pack of Office 2010 licenses, way back in September, I think. I just actually applied one of the licenses to get the red bar to go away. It worked fine, but I wonder how long you can just use it without a license. It didn't seem gimped in any way. Also, I think I can sell one of these licenses to my colleague in the next city over because his 501c3 is the same as mine. Does that seem kosher? Note: in the first question I'm asking what a pirate could theoretically get away with, in the second I'm talking about doing the right thing.IMO, it's ethical to do so, however, software licensing is in a reality all of its own and i can't answer if what you are doing are completely within the license agreement. That's what I thought. "See your network administrator." Um, that would be me, I guess.

I❤Coffee

Buttermilk waffles rock my world today.

fat bottom girls make my rockin' world go round today

i want YOU to want ME

morecowbell said:   fat bottom girls make my rockin' world go round today


Happily, buttermilk wafffles sometimes create fat bottomed girls


edit: Now that I think of it, sometimes fat bottomed girls create buttermilk waffles, too.

just got back from HR. oy

got my flu shot today

I'm disappointed we haven't had any "Flu shots cause autism" threads this year.

*kicks KKH*

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Don't encourage anyone!!

flu shots cause zombie-ism

Kandykornhead said:   I'm disappointed we haven't had any "Flu shots cause autism" threads this year.


you could set aside a population of pregnant women, don't give'em flu shots, and see if any of them has a baby with autism. But of course, we already do that - we track who is pregnant, who had a flu shot, and who had a baby with autism. The data shows no correlation, which is why nobody quotes it

Kandykornhead said:   I'm disappointed we haven't had any "Flu shots cause autism" threads this year.

A flu shot killed my grandmother. Don't know about that autism thing though.

morecowbell said:   flu shots cause zombie-ismHad any good brains lately?

soundtechie said:   Kandykornhead said:   I'm disappointed we haven't had any "Flu shots cause autism" threads this year.


you could set aside a population of pregnant women, don't give'em flu shots, and see if any of them has a baby with autism. But of course, we already do that - we track who is pregnant, who had a flu shot, and who had a baby with autism. The data shows no correlation, which is why nobody quotes it
Scientific facts is no match for any grand conspiracy theory.

ZenNUTS said:   morecowbell said:   flu shots cause zombie-ismHad any good brains lately?On a side note, I thoroughly love the "$1 Zombie Game" I got from XBox Live. Well worth the $1 I spent for it.

i havent had any colds this year * knock on wood* but ill betcha once i start i will get sick
:\
dirty corgs

Corganiacs said:   i havent had any colds this year * knock on wood* but ill betcha once i start i will get sick
:
dirty corgs


You mean you'll get sick from patients? I always wondered how medical personnel manage to not be sick all the time. I am regularly sick from just being around "healthy" people. I can't imagine how sick I'd be if I was actually touching sick people all day. /shudders

Skipping 461 Messages...
packratmarty said:   scrouds said:   If I want something in the future, 3-20 years +, I will keep it. The packrat is strong in me.

The force is strong with this one.


are you really a packrat?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014