Government Bailout for Twinkies?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
inB4lock

Thank you for participating in our forums, but the topic you are addressing can already be found Here

I wish I could red myself!

redding yourself is just when you're flushed with embarrassment

in this case tho i wouldn't say you could tell by the title what it was gonna say...

The government will be introducing a billion-dollar "cash for cupcakes" program.

morecowbell said:   redding yourself is just when you're flushed with embarrassment

in this case tho i wouldn't say you could tell by the title what it was gonna say...
That's why I was so nice about it and didn't just say REPOST! I'm all about welcoming new faces into the shadowy realm of OT. So, welcome ScottM.

MadAnthony said:   The government will be introducing a billion-dollar "cash for cupcakes" program. Dough for DingDongs.

MadAnthony said:   The government will be introducing a billion-dollar "cash for cupcakes" program.that will definitely save money!

There's already a program in place, it's called food stamp.

ZenNUTS said:   There's already a program in place, it's called food stamp.

Normally I would laugh at that but with so many people in need of food stamp due to situations out of their control, I must refrain from laughing.

I blame the machinations of Little Debbie. She's not so innocent as she looks you know.

Kandykornhead said:   MadAnthony said:   The government will be introducing a billion-dollar "cash for cupcakes" program. Dough for DingDongs.chippendales?

kamalktk said:   I blame the machinations of Little Debbie. She's not so innocent as she looks you know.

Little Debbie, the sabotage queen

SlamminMOFO said:   ZenNUTS said:   There's already a program in place, it's called food stamp.

Normally I would laugh at that but with so many people in need of food stamp due to situations out of their control, I must refrain from laughing.

The fact that you can buy twinkies with foodstamps is reason enough to laugh.

mmm...
Disclaimer
How well do Twinkies go as desert with food stamp lobster and porterhouse steak?

mapatsfan said:   How well do Twinkies go as desert with food stamp lobster and porterhouse steak?

I'd rather EBT users eat steak than twinkies. Steak is food, lobster is food, twinkies are candy at best, and in reality they prolly have a net negative health effect.

Actually, that guy got arrested for fraud for selling the food immediately after leaving the store.

mapatsfan said:   How well do Twinkies go as desert with food stamp lobster and porterhouse steak?

I was outraged by the fact that they sell 24-packs of diet mountain dew at his store and not at any of the ones I shop at.

If someone gets food stamps, it should be limited to more basic stuff. Ground beef, pork, chicken, etc is a little more reasonable... People on gov aid aren't criminals, but I work full time and there's no steak or lobster in my fridge. Why should they be able to eat like royalty? There's some leftover wings and random bits from a whole chicken we got for like $.88 a pound.

Wouldn't it make us less dependent on energy imports from the Middle East?

The purchaser was arrested for fraud (state issued, not federal card btw).
Text

Maybe because Michigan was about to fix the problem. (the date of the receipt is Feb 8, the new food list took effect March 1) Text The new list is milk, beans, rice and fruits and veggies basic.

Incidentally, getting people on these cards to buy you stuff for fractions of the dollar occasionally turns up in FWF.

kamalktk said:   I blame the machinations of Little Debbie. She's not so innocent as she looks you know.
ya! she did Dallas, you know!

thumpergeek said:   If someone gets food stamps, it should be limited to more basic stuff. Ground beef, pork, chicken, etc is a little more reasonable... People on gov aid aren't criminals, but I work full time and there's no steak or lobster in my fridge. Why should they be able to eat like royalty? There's some leftover wings and random bits from a whole chicken we got for like $.88 a pound.

While I agree that I would like to seem limits on what food stamps can be used for, I'll just point out that if you are a family of four with zero income you would get about $500 a month in food stamps. Now that is quite a bit of money, more than I think it probably should be, but it is not enough that you are eating steak and lobster for meals.

Many families that are fortunate enough to have a job that make due on half that.

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/01/what-i-would-feed-my-fami...

I hinted on Facebook last week that I was working on a post detailing what I would buy if I could only spend $250 a month for our family of 5 (we currently spend $450, although that does include some household goods/toiletries, which my $250 budget doesn't).

Personally, I'd like to see the next set of quarters have a Hostess character on them like they did for the 50 states.

kamalktk said:   mapatsfan said:   How well do Twinkies go as desert with food stamp lobster and porterhouse steak?
The purchaser was arrested for fraud (state issued, not federal card btw).
Text

Maybe because Michigan was about to fix the problem. (the date of the receipt is Feb 8, the new food list took effect March 1) Text The new list is milk, beans, rice and fruits and veggies basic.

Incidentally, getting people on these cards to buy you stuff for fractions of the dollar occasionally turns up in FWF.

Food stamps (SNAP) and WIC are completely different programs. You can buy pretty much anything with food stamps.

What's your point about the card being issued by the state? The funds come from the Federal Gov't (USDA). The state just manages the program.

The problem with food stamps is they will give you more if you don't have your own place. Maybe they figure you won't be able to store things?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.