tip, haircuts

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
bravebiffy said:   mewhojen said:   bravebiffy said:   mewhojen said:   I use clippers on my boyfriend's hair. Buy a clippers for the cost of a hair cut and do it yourself

He lets you cut his hair? Wow, you have a very reasonable guy. I offered to buy clippers for my dad so that mom can cut his hair but he's always against it. Mom thinks nobody touches his hair except the barber and himself. So one time, I tested my mom's theory by trying to sneak a pat on his hair but he caught me just in time and quickly dodged his head away and growled "don't touch my hair." Mom saw it and she's like told you so.
not that hard, what wasn't 2 feet long was buzzed. (ponytailed mohawk/not spiked) he got rid of the long stuff, so now it's just buzzed til it grows out

I'm sure you do an excellent job and your bf know it. My dad's just vain. Wants only "professionals" to cut his hair. We call him a metro asian.

Or it isn't really hair on his head....

For those that let your moms cut your hair, does she do it for free or are you a paying customer. Getting small bits of hair spread around the house sounds like a headache to clean up. Also, do you make an appointment or does she take walk-ins?

You should have gotten a haircut before you bought your passport photos.

idohair said:   It sounds like you haven't had your hair cut in a very long time that you even have to ask this. What did you used to do, or did your mom always just bring you and pay for it?

Depends on what kind of style you want as to where you want to go. If you want a basic 10 min $6 barber cut then go to any barber and tip them at least $4 on the $6 cut.

If you want a nice styled cut that works with your type of hair, your lifestyle, and if you're particular....... ask all your non cheap female friends where to go. Word of mouthis the best wayto find the best salons

Btw, I'm in the San Diego area.....men's cuts $40 and women's are $60. I usually get anywhere from $10 to $20 for a tip..........

Btw, to answer your question aboutgetting good service and a nice cut.......be clean, plesant,and not picky or cheap! Oh and don't have bad breath! That's one of the worst! Yuck!
is the $60 for a regular haircut?

Corganiacs said:   idohair said:   It sounds like you haven't had your hair cut in a very long time that you even have to ask this. What did you used to do, or did your mom always just bring you and pay for it?

Depends on what kind of style you want as to where you want to go. If you want a basic 10 min $6 barber cut then go to any barber and tip them at least $4 on the $6 cut.

If you want a nice styled cut that works with your type of hair, your lifestyle, and if you're particular....... ask all your non cheap female friends where to go. Word of mouthis the best wayto find the best salons

Btw, I'm in the San Diego area.....men's cuts $40 and women's are $60. I usually get anywhere from $10 to $20 for a tip..........

Btw, to answer your question aboutgetting good service and a nice cut.......be clean, plesant,and not picky or cheap! Oh and don't have bad breath! That's one of the worst! Yuck!

Pretty sure back hair would be extra

FrugalFreak said:   scrouds said:   Girls go to stylists. Straight Guys go to barbers. Find a barber. They specialize in male hairstyles.

And yes, you sound cheap. While some here are cheap, many are frugal. We find the sensible places to spend our money, and get good value on what we buy, even if that item isn't the cheapest.

Wrong

I fixed that for you.

SecondGunman said:   scrouds said:   
I haven't been to a barber shop in like 2 years, same deal, i just take the clippers. There's a resurgence in barber shops here, we have 2 national chains taking up residence and are opening new shops, one of them has a preference for converting and opening in what were once auto repair garages. The other likes to sell club memberships including unlimited cuts and with different membership levels including straight razor shaves and light manscaping with wax.

Unlimited cuts with straight razor shaves? I could get behind that. I cut mine myself because I cut it about every two weeks, and that gets pricey. I would definitely be interested in a place that would do it every week if it was reasonable. Which chain is that??

http://www.kennedysbarberclub.com/

Never asked on prices, but the membership with the unlimited cuts and shave sounds pretty good. They'll even hand you a beer.

scrouds said:   SecondGunman said:   scrouds said:   
I haven't been to a barber shop in like 2 years, same deal, i just take the clippers. There's a resurgence in barber shops here, we have 2 national chains taking up residence and are opening new shops, one of them has a preference for converting and opening im what were once auto repair garages. The other likes to sell club memberships including unlimited cuts and with different membership levels including straight razor shaves and light manscaping with wax.

Unlimited cuts with straight razor shaves? I could get behind that. I cut mine myself because I cut it about every two weeks, and that gets pricey. I would definitely be interested in a place that would do it every week if it was reasonable. Which chain is that??

http://www.kennedysbarberclub.com/

Never asked on prices, but the membership with the unlimited cuts and shave sounds pretty good. They'll even hand you a beer.

I'm nowhere near any of those locations, which is unfortunate because I'd be all over that.

I can easily walk to one of them, and bike to 2 more.

A little trim gets you a tip?

scrouds said:   FrugalFreak said:   scrouds said:   Girls go to stylists. Straight Guys go to barbers. Find a barber. They specialize in male hairstyles.

And yes, you sound cheap. While some here are cheap, many are frugal. We find the sensible places to spend our money, and get good value on what we buy, even if that item isn't the cheapest.

Wrong

I fixed that for you.
I don't know what your hang up is, but whatever....

about 1/3 of my clientel are men, not one of them is gay.

Corganiacs said:   idohair said:   It sounds like you haven't had your hair cut in a very long time that you even have to ask this. What did you used to do, or did your mom always just bring you and pay for it?

as opposed to.........?????? An irregular cut??

I get my hair cut at a salon because I want a woman to cut my hair, wash it, and blow it dry. But that's just my personal preference.

qcumber98 said:   I get my hair cut at a salon because I want a woman to cut my hair, wash it, and blow it dry. But that's just my personal preference.I guess scrouds prefers a man running his hands through his hair and blowing it.....

idohair said:   qcumber98 said:   I get my hair cut at a salon because I want a woman to cut my hair, wash it, and blow it dry. But that's just my personal preference.I guess scrouds prefers a man running his hands through his hair and blowing it.....Not that there's anything wrong with that.

qcumber98 said:   idohair said:   qcumber98 said:   I get my hair cut at a salon because I want a woman to cut my hair, wash it, and blow it dry. But that's just my personal preference.I guess scrouds prefers a man running his hands through his hair and blowing it.....Not that there's anything wrong with that. of course not........

idohair said:   qcumber98 said:   idohair said:   qcumber98 said:   I get my hair cut at a salon because I want a woman to cut my hair, wash it, and blow it dry. But that's just my personal preference.I guess scrouds prefers a man running his hands through his hair and blowing it.....Not that there's anything wrong with that. of course not........what do you charge for manscaping?

We covered that topic in Lance's thread

Like that means anything to me. WTH is Lance?

qcumber98 said:   Like that means anything to me. WTH is Lance?This thread

mewhojen said:   qcumber98 said:   Like that means anything to me. WTH is Lance?This threadOhhhh from last year. Why didn't you say that before?

fasttimes said:   A little trim gets you a tip?
I think that's a circumcision?

Don't ever sleep with the woman that cuts your hair. That's my policy.

SigX said:   Don't ever sleep with the woman that cuts your hair. That's my policy.that is a great policy!

idohair said:   qcumber98 said:   I get my hair cut at a salon because I want a woman to cut my hair, wash it, and blow it dry. But that's just my personal preference.I guess scrouds prefers a man running his hands through his hair and blowing it.....

Hahaha

I find hairdressers do a better job, neater and more stylish, Barbers make it look as if I was attacked by a weedwacker.
and yes ain't nothing like shampoo girl running fingers through wet hair massaging scalp while pushing up against you with her breasts. Pure Joy

My hair gets shampooed by my stylists 60 year old wife, but she throws in the ultimate treatment for free

RS4Rings said:   My hair gets shampooed by my stylists 60 year old wife, but she throws in the ultimate treatment for free

Must resist comment ...

idohair said:   SigX said:   Don't ever sleep with the woman that cuts your hair. That's my policy.that is a great policy!How you doin?

idohair said:   SigX said:   Don't ever sleep with the woman that cuts your hair. That's my policy.that is a great policy!
yeah. i get done what i need to get done in my 3-13 minutes and i'm out of there!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014