• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and live together. She is a good and genuine person, but is very controlling when it comes to personal finance. I came into the relationship with a small amount of debt. She sat down with me, tried to made me read a few crappy books and make a "plan" to clear the small debt I have.

She was so controlling and judgmental that I didn't tell her about all of my debt, just most of it. She found out about this and freaked out. She made me subscribe to a website that tracks my debt so she can feel superior to me and control me even when she's not around.

Overall, the amount of his debt was never a big deal. I'm not spending lavishly. It's just that my girlfriend is so incredibly anal about personal finance. It is astounding to me that after 3 years of annoying and trying to control me, she hasn't given up.

I've been keeping this debt because I know she won't want to marry me as long as I have it, and I'm not ready for marriage. If I clear the debt, she's going to pressure me to into marriage and if she's this controlling pre-marriage, I can only imagine how controlling she'll be after I put a ring on her finger.

She also waves her PhD around like it's a big deal, rubbing my face in how much more educated she is than me too.

Is there anything we can do to fix our problems? Or is she hopeless?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Member Summary

Decent attempt, but I could still tell it was a troll. 4/10.

Run.

parody moves to Beloit.

pics?

She can only be controlling if you LET her.

ubermichaelthomas said:    It's just that my girlfriend is so incredibly anal

Sounds like a keeper

Rack up a ton of CC debt buying $1 coins. She will break up with you. Deposit coins and pay off debt. Problem solved.

Decent attempt? Like anyone here couldn't tell...

Watch the Seinfeld episode called The Pick. Your problems will be solved in no time.

Pictures of the girlfriend?

Those aren't problems. You want problems? Reworded, much better:

My Girlfriend Is Controlling When It Comes To My DRINKING

My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and live together. She is a good and genuine person, but is very controlling when it comes to drinking. I came into the relationship with a small amount of alcoholism. She sat down with me, tried to made me read a few crappy books and make a "plan" to clear the mild alcoholism I have.

She was so controlling and judgmental that I didn't tell her about all of my drinking, just most of it. She found out about this and freaked out. She made me subscribe to a website that tracks my drinking so she can feel superior to me and control me even when she's not around.

Overall, the amount of this drinking was never a big deal. I'm not drinking when I wake up, or at work, or by myself in a park at night. It's just that my girlfriend is so incredibly anal about liver damage. It is astounding to me that after 3 years of annoying and trying to control me, she hasn't given up.

I've been keeping bottles of scotch under my pillow because I know she won't want to marry me as long as I have cirrhosis of the liver, and I'm not ready for rehab. If I quit drinking, she's going to pressure me to into marriage and if she's this controlling pre-marriage, I can only imagine how controlling she'll be after I put a ring on her finger.

Is there anything we can do to fix our problems? Or is she not into partying?

Lips that touch liquor shall not touch ours
Disclaimer
Lets give a more accurate comparison, shall we. Since OP doesn't seem to have a spending problem, comparing a small amount of debt to alcoholism is uncalled for. It further belittles the plight of alcoholics and their daily struggle for sobriety.

Those aren't problems. You want problems? Reworded, this time more accurately:

My Girlfriend Is Controlling When It Comes To My DRINKING

My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and live together. She is a good and genuine person, but is very controlling when it comes to drinking. I came into the relationship with an occasionally enjoyment of a cocktail. She sat down with me, tried to made me read a few crappy books and make a "plan" to clear the mild alcoholism I have.

She was so controlling and judgmental that I didn't tell her about all of my drinking, just most of it. She found out about this and freaked out. She made me subscribe to a website that tracks my drinking so she can feel superior to me and control me even when she's not around.

Overall, the amount of this drinking was never a big deal. I'm not drinking everyday, or after work, or by myself, just occasionally. It's just that my girlfriend is so incredibly anal about even a single beer. It is astounding to me that after 3 years of annoying and trying to control me, she hasn't given up.

I've been keeping a six pack of beer in the back of the fridge because I know she won't want to marry me as long as I am willing to drink, and don't jump on teh teetoltaler bandwagon. If I quit drinking, she's going to pressure me to into marriage and if she's this controlling pre-marriage, I can only imagine how controlling she'll be after I put a ring on her finger.

Is there anything we can do to fix our problems? Or is she really that f**king nuts?

Yes, she's that nuts. Cut, Run.

Sounds like you rather keep your debt girlfriend instead of your actual girlfriend.... You think debt is a pet or something? Lameo

Youse need a sex counselor.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014