LG 840g tips, tricks, comp apps, how to

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Wasn't sure where to place this since it isn't a deal, so Placing here.

I have been able to add my own pics via microSD card to add wallpapers.
voice recorder format is .amr, they can converted from mp3 clips to .amr and be used as ringtones. I used SUPER
video is .3pg and can be converted or downladed with videodownload helper. SUPER too

The LG 840g video player can display video in full screen... Here are the instructions:
1) In PC, using the free Any Video Converter, convert a mp4 file to IPOD mp4 version.
2) Connect a communication cable between PC and LG 840g.
3) Directory structure of LG 840g can be viewed in PC.
4) Copy and paste the IPOD mp4 file to the video sub-folder in LG 840g.
5) Safe disconnect LG 840g from PC.
6) Remove LG 840g from cable physically.
7) Open LG 840g MENU, select VIDEO PLAYER.
8) See the new video as an icon.
9) Click on the video icon to play.
10) The video plays full screen on LG 840g.

I have been able to install google maps, opera mini 7 so far.

add discussion, hacks, tips you come across.

Closest phone I've found is T385 model, It is similar to T375, but unlike 275 that has dual SIMs, T385 has one SIM like 840g

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I attempted this with the video converter mentioned and the MP4 file converted fine but after I moved the file into the phones video folder I got an error message off the video icon and the file manager icon. It said FILE MANAGER.PXO not found ? Does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause or cure ? There are three different I POD MP4 formats on the converter, could I have used the wrong one ? I also used drag and drop to copy the file over to video, could that method be incorrect ? I had to remove the video files off the chip and use the phone master reset to remove the error message. My audio files were unaffected but could only be viewed in music player and not file manager.

OP, did you find any free games around for it and if so, can you d/l to the sd card and then load them from that? I bought this phone for a friend and I dont know too much about it.

SlamminMOFO said:   OP, did you find any free games around for it and if so, can you d/l to the sd card and then load them from that? I bought this phone for a friend and I dont know too much about it.

haven't tried much, just couple from getjar, but they sucked and uninstalled. one was tetris.

previous poster, try to resize the video smaller in size and file size and see if that helps.

OK folks, I have this figured out now. I have now successfully converted several files and gotten them to play almost completely full screen. In the free "Any Video Converter" select a file (I have converted a couple AVI files that were DVD rips - XVID video codec and a couple MP4 rips - MPEG-4 video codec) use the output profile called "Mobile Phone MPEG-4 Movie", click on the FRAME SIZE box and select 320 x 240 but DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE. Convert the file, it will be put into a documents file on your PC titled "ANY VIDEO CONVERTER". With the phone connected to the PC, the phone will appear as a drive, open the drive to view the contents, find the file titled VIDEO, Copy and Paste the converted file from documents into the VIDEO file on the phone, do a safe disconnect of the phone, open either file manager or video on the phone, tap the icon for the video and enjoy. I find it easier to use file manager to access the videos because in that section the title of the video appears. In video there is only a non-descriptive icon. I am using a PC running Windows VISTA. Good luck.

shoeind said:   I am using a PC running Windows VISTA. Good luck.you're using windows vista? good luck to you!

Any luck finding gel or leather skins for the 840G? One eBay supplier out of Spain claims to offer an 840G skin, but reviews suggest it's a somewhat less than perfect fit.

silphium said:   Any luck finding gel or leather skins for the 840G? One eBay supplier out of Spain claims to offer an 840G skin, but reviews suggest it's a somewhat less than perfect fit.

I ordered that one from eBay.. It's not that bad at all. Works good. One hole is a little off but still usable.

Trying to figure out how to have my own custom ringtone available on the LG840g phone. I know how to make them in Audacity to an mp3 file. Have it several times on the phone, but not showing as an option for a ringtone. Any help appreciated!

[]D []_ [[]] []D

this is a bump, not a plop

shellmel said:   Trying to figure out how to have my own custom ringtone available on the LG840g phone. I know how to make them in Audacity to an mp3 file. Have it several times on the phone, but not showing as an option for a ringtone. Any help appreciated!

link

silphium said:   Any luck finding gel or leather skins for the 840G? One eBay supplier out of Spain claims to offer an 840G skin, but reviews suggest it's a somewhat less than perfect fit.

not a skin, but I bought this for mine, a perfect fit and durable case

Some good info on various topics on LG840 here browsers, google maps, audible, hiding the navigational bar.

soft gel silicone cases here ebay

Here's another gel skin I found on eBay with a 3D pattern (very subtle) on the back. Fits perfectly but comes from afar and it cost me around 7USD. It has a very classy look & its my favorite.
t-TOYS.com
Enrique Carrero Márquez
Pablo Neruda, 40
28806 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) [10 days to arrive]

for: T395/T375 models (fits 840G perfectly)— Go to http://www.ebay.es/itm/Skin-Cover-Case-Diamond-Flexi-Gel-Flexige...

a3dsail said:   Here's another gel skin I found on eBay with a 3D pattern (very subtle) on the back. Fits perfectly but comes from afar and it cost me around 7USD. It has a very classy look & its my favorite.
t-TOYS.com
Enrique Carrero Márquez
Pablo Neruda, 40
28806 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) [10 days to arrive]

for: T395/T375 models (fits 840G perfectly)— Go to http://www.ebay.es/itm/Skin-Cover-Case-Diamond-Flexi-Gel-Flexige...

looks like the same skin but from American shipper link

The format ipod Classic mpge .mp4 is the first row in that section in the video converter works for me, and it also can play in many tablets and mp4/5.

staying alive....wooo woo

So my LG 840G is in the mail.

I'm pretty clueless about these things. I'm wondering if these bluetooth headsets will work with this phone

LG Tone HBS-700 Wireless Bluetooth Universal Stereo Headset:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B0...

or

LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Tone-HBS-730-Bluetooth/dp/B...

thanks

khorne55 said:   So my LG 840G is in the mail.

I'm pretty clueless about these things. I'm wondering if these bluetooth headsets will work with this phone

LG Tone HBS-700 Wireless Bluetooth Universal Stereo Headset:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B0...

or

LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Tone-HBS-730-Bluetooth/dp/B...

thanks

not sure.

FrugalFreak said:   
not sure.

Well when I find one on sale I'll post the results here. I know certain features won't work because they are android only but I'm hoping the basic functions work.

khorne55 said:   FrugalFreak said:   
not sure.

Well when I find one on sale I'll post the results here. I know certain features won't work because they are android only but I'm hoping the basic functions work.

I do know I can push files from PC to phone, or vice versa, sent a file to test, can't remember if phone was receive or transmit thought.

just ordered one on Amazon, it hasn't arrived yet, should be here in the next couple of days. Cost was 95 cents plus postage.

Seeing how mp4 is just a containerformat, pretty much every conversion to mp4 with a screen size of 320x400 should work. I use VideotoVideo converter but there should be at least 30 converters out there that all could do the same
-le

You can also get free games and apps from here: http://www.umnet.com/ but there's a lot of junk so you'd have to pick the pearls out of the pile
-le

Just got this a few days ago and am impressed up to a point. I don't like that once you start it and do nothing for a few seconds it gets locked. I finally managed to set it to stay unlocked 30 seconds..that is the max. ..still at times too short. Also i am confused on how to get 3G...at times i see it lit up and I at times I do not see it...why it lights up on its own i have no idea. Does anyone know how to get 3G and turn it off on your terms? Other than that ..not bad.

New Sports Wireless Bluetooth Headset Headphone Earphone for Cell Phone PC Tab | eBay
Disclaimer
khorne55 said:   I'm pretty clueless about these things. I'm wondering if these bluetooth headsets will work with this phone

thanks

I can't afford those guys but Bluetooth is Bluetooth, and when I walk my dog, I march to this drummer?   

I DELETED THIS LINK AND ADDED A GOOD LINK INSTEAD BELOW HERE THIS LINK IS DEAD
above^ is a link to download all the apps i use on my own LG 840G. i have modified some of them to not have the phones control pad(to use only the touchscreen instead). when you unzip it there is a bunch of folders some empty, but most are catogorized and filled with apps i personally tested and found to work or modified to work on the lg840G. (some of the apps in the ''unassigned'' folder i am still working on, but most of those work).

hopefully this helps you guys. i love this phone and mine can do almost everything a smartphone can, and without buying minutes every month

anyway i compiled all of these apps and organized them so you dont have to(actually i just did it for me and decided to share it just now) so if a few dont work please dont be mad(Skype doesnt work right now ), there is almost 100 apps here and i dont know how long ill keep updating them lol.

anyway ask me anything about the 840G and ill try to help.

Virus?
Disclaimer
POOinHAND said:   download 840G apps   
above^ is a link to download all the apps i use on my own LG 840G. i have modified some of them to not have the phones control pad(to use only the touchscreen instead). when you unzip it there is a bunch of folders some empty, but most are catogorized and filled with apps i personally tested and found to work or modified to work on the lg840G. (some of the apps in the ''unassigned'' folder i am still working on, but most of those work).

hopefully this helps you guys. i love this phone and mine can do almost everything a smartphone can, and without buying minutes every month

anyway i compiled all of these apps and organized them so you dont have to(actually i just did it for me and decided to share it just now) so if a few dont work please dont be mad(Skype doesnt work right now ), there is almost 100 apps here and i dont know how long ill keep updating them lol.

anyway ask me anything about the 840G and ill try to help.

States that the file is infected when starting the d/l process... Whats up with that?  First post too.. kinda strange.  Upload a copy that isn't infected.  

thats strange ill scan it...one sec

ok , i have taken it down for now and im trying to scan it and find out whats wrong. mse cant detect anything.

im scanning each file on virustotal which found a bad file, trying to figure out which one..

ok, so the problem was a free sms jar called loops. it does work on my phone and mse never noticed it, so i deleted it from everywhere and am not scanning a new copy of the zip, if its good ill repost a link, sorry about that, good thing i shared it though cause it was on my phone and i never knew

78 good apps for the 840G
above here^ is 78 apps for the 840g that all pass the virustotal scan.

below here is the 3 apps that didnt pass,1. facebook(only modification is no control buttons), 2.a QR code reader (same modifications, got it from http://reader.kaywa.com/) and a uc browser(same mod)
all are slightly modified so that control button panel wont pop up, and all are signed. i dont know why it thinks they are infected? well they are below if you want them.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/-9-DODRF/appsfor840G.html

also please let me know if any other problems.

free texts for lg840G, i found that the best way to send and recieve free texts on the 840G (after much trial and error) is to use the email client built into the phone, simpily use an email account; gmail, hotmail, myopera mail all work fine, yahoomail works but not always instant. best is myopera mail https://mail.opera.com/?

simpily have the person you want to text send an sms or mms message to your email, then reply to it. both of you add each other to contacts and then you can chat endlessly (free for you, they may have to pay for texts) when you are connected to wifi.

the reason the email client is best is because it has push(email checks automatically) and you can turn on notifications for emails(so the phone rings when you get an email)

biggest reason is that the person you are chatting with doesnt need to have any special messanger installed(if you know thier carrier, you can even make first contact just use this guide to find the email address: phone# to email converter )

make sure you tell them its you on the first message (sometimes your texts will come from a different # each time so it helps to use the add signature feature in the email client)

let me know if this helps and if my new apps link above is working good now?

when using the list of phone # to email conversions, remember that some phone companies fall under the parent company(tracfone,StraightTalk,and Net10 are all att, and thus have the same email suffix for example.)

also you must remember to turn push off before you leave your wifi reception area, if you forget you will be charged minutes to connect to email(its much cheaper than sending texts though, its measured by amount of data on this phone)

I added some of the games from POO file above  to the sd card from the PC to sd reader but I cant seem to access them when the card is placed back in the phone.  I added them to the games and applications folder on the sd card. Any hints or suggestions?  It's not my phone.. just trying to help someone out that wanted some games for it.

Update -  I figured it out.. You have to put the files in the "other" folder.  Odd.

dont forget to move the apps to the sd card (you have to open up apps and move it once its installed, to free up phone memory) its easy just click on games and apps in the menu like you are going to play a game and then click on the menu button in the upper right. you will see ''Move to>'' and you just click on that and select ''move to memory card, then select the app you just added and click the ''move'' button. the phone moves it while its installed and you free up memory that way.(memory is low in this phone so if you have an sd card this lets you have 100 apps instead of about 10, and the phone is faster too)

oh and you dont need the biggest memory card they sell, i just use a 2gb card that was $3 on clearance(its good to have one so that you can transfer pictures and contacts between phones anyway).

New owner of this LG 840 G phone. I like it so far while testing certain areas. One of my attempts was to take a picture with its camera and send it to myself and view it on my PC. It worked just fine. Lately, I tried another one which I in turn made into a wallpaper of this phone. When I tried to send it to myself again, I get a message that its too large to send via email. Messing around, I found it can be resized, see it resized and still get that message that its too large. I use the vga mode in resize, 320 x 240, still no luck. How i got that first one to work is a mystery to me. Does anyone know how i can get this darn picture to my pc, this way or any other way? BTW, when i do send myself a email from the phone, my address is my phone number. Is there a way to change that address? Also shouldn't the phone automatically send a picture with its known limitations, instead having us going through resizing? Thanks

Is it possible to 'uninstall' a browser on this phone, and if so, how do I do it?I have the Opera mini as well as the ucweb installed and when I try to pull up a web page a "misconfigured"message comes up. I didnt get that until I d/l a second browser....

Skipping 8 Messages...
POOinHAND said:   
gmannix said:   Is it possible to 'uninstall' a browser on this phone, and if so, how do I do it?I have the Opera mini as well as the ucbrowser installed and when I try to pull up a web page a "misconfigured"message comes up. I didnt get that until I d/l a second browser....

do you receive the mis-configured message when you use the phones built in browser, or when you use opera or uc? does it appear for all browsers?. are you connecting to the internet via wifi, or from the cell signal?, have you tried both ways?

Poo.... I initially installed the Mini Opera browser and it worked, although some what slow/cluttered. I then installed theUcweb browser vers.9.xxx.that is when I started to have this problem.Can I just use the reset (or restore program) in settings and start over with just the UC browser? I have no contacts or email  or anything set up on this phone,except for my router/wireless. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, gene

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014