• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life but I'm willing to spend up to $10. Send me cash and your numbers & after we split our winnings, we'll all live high on the hog!

Mods please move this thread to Finance

I'd rather OT wins it big so that we can post our nanny nanny boo-boo taunts on FWF.

But what are our chances without TripleB to 'guide' us???

saw this # at the gas station and for some reason i read it as 42.5, prob because the others are in double digits right now

He's here in spirit and will guide you when you choose your numbers.

turtlebug said:   I'd rather OT wins it big so that we can post our nanny nanny boo-boo taunts on FWF.

+9999

turtlebug said:   I'd rather OT wins it big so that we can post our nanny nanny boo-boo taunts on FWF.
Suggested FWF topics to post after you win:
1. HELP! IN LINE NOW AT BANK! My deposit slips are too small for all the zeros!
2. How can I buy all the Crown Vics in the United States?
3. HELP! What should I do with $425 million?
4. Winning the lottery (ala the Selling my business thread)

theyre doing it at work-hubby's

turtlebug said:   I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life but I'm willing to spend up to $10. Send me cash and your numbers & after we split our winnings, we'll all live high on the hog!

grabbed a ticket, wow last time i tried it was only $1. cheapskate in me also got a mega millions since it felt like a deal

I'm impartial, I'll hold the tickets.

Need to buy some tickets.
Drawing is tomorrow night.

step 1: gather money for lotto pool with random strangers
step 2: put money in pocket, do not buy lotto tickets
step 3: against all odds, the lotto pool numbers win the lottery
step 4: spend life in jail, or alternatively get burned at the stake by mob of angry FWOTers.

soundtechie said:   step 1: gather money for lotto pool with random strangers
step 4: spend life in jail, or alternatively get burned at the stake by mob of angry FWOTers.

I'm insulted. Just 'cause you've never met me before and have no idea who or where I am, you're not going to trust me? Sheesh!

Up to $500M now...

anything less than $500M is not worth my time...

i bought 10 pb

I bought 5

I bought my usual one.

We're doing a pool at work. While I realize the odds of winning are less than of getting a flesh eating bacteria (at least according to the news), it would be really awkward if everyone else at work won and I wasn't in the pool, so I went in.

MadAnthony said:   We're doing a pool at work. While I realize the odds of winning are less than of getting a flesh eating bacteria (at least according to the news), it would be really awkward if everyone else at work won and I wasn't in the pool, so I went in.
What if the tickets give you flesh eating bacteria?

/that would be a good urban legend.

MadAnthony said:   We're doing a pool at work. While I realize the odds of winning are less than of getting a flesh eating bacteria (at least according to the news), it would be really awkward if everyone else at work won and I wasn't in the pool, so I went in.That was the logic of people in our group at work, no one wants to be left behind, just in case lightning strikes. I bought in for that reason.

eta: I'm buying my own on the way home, also just in case.

mapatsfan said:   MadAnthony said:   We're doing a pool at work. While I realize the odds of winning are less than of getting a flesh eating bacteria (at least according to the news), it would be really awkward if everyone else at work won and I wasn't in the pool, so I went in.That was the logic of people in our group at work, no one wants to be left behind, just in case lightning strikes. I bought in for that reason.

It would seem to me that buying in a pool while simultaneously buying individual tickets will open you up to suspicion if you win on the individual tickets. Document, document, document.

If you ask a 4 year old to pick numbers you get

"hang on, you can pick bigger numbers, you know!"

so if those are the numbers, buy Mattel stock.

Isn't gammbling a big No No to certain parties or organizations?

I can't buy lotto tickets in Alabama.

soundtechie said:   mapatsfan said:   MadAnthony said:   We're doing a pool at work. While I realize the odds of winning are less than of getting a flesh eating bacteria (at least according to the news), it would be really awkward if everyone else at work won and I wasn't in the pool, so I went in.That was the logic of people in our group at work, no one wants to be left behind, just in case lightning strikes. I bought in for that reason.

It would seem to me that buying in a pool while simultaneously buying individual tickets will open you up to suspicion if you win on the individual tickets. Document, document, document.

Its only suspicious if you're the one running the pool. In that case, one should buy and photocopy the tickets and distribute them before the drawing.

What's weird is if you win $4 and have to split that more than 4 ways.

FrugalFreak said:   Isn't gammbling a big No No to certain parties or organizations?

Gambling is an integral part of some of my parties.

FrugalFreak said:   Isn't gammbling a big No No to certain parties or organizations?
Yes.. where I work it's a no-no.. but as long as you dont spam everyone with an email saying you want to organize a lottery pool, I think it's fine here.
It's the same with political stickers. Big no-no inside cubes.. but people have them on their cars.. which is still technicaly work property.

Yes. I don't gamble, including lottery tickets/raffles etc, for religious reasons.

I'm no fun in Vegas.

Not fair, california isn't included so much for my world travels.......

kamalktk said:   
Yes. I don't gamble, including lottery tickets/raffles etc, for religious reasons.

Unlike my religion, which relies on Bingo for funding.

In for 6

Slim chance of winning, but you can't win if you don't play!

Now it's up to $550M. I haven't bought the tickets yet...

turtlebug said:   soundtechie said:   step 1: gather money for lotto pool with random strangers

I'm insulted. Just 'cause you've never met me before and have no idea who or where I am, you're not going to trust me? Sheesh!
If there are trust issues here, I'm willing bear the nearly crushing burden of holding the money and numbers for the community. You can trust me.

VBMcGB said:   turtlebug said:   soundtechie said:   step 1: gather money for lotto pool with random strangers

If there are trust issues here, I'm willing bear the nearly crushing burden of holding the money and numbers for the community. You can trust me.

Can I use my FW Cash-Back?

soundtechie said:   mapatsfan said:   MadAnthony said:   We're doing a pool at work. While I realize the odds of winning are less than of getting a flesh eating bacteria (at least according to the news), it would be really awkward if everyone else at work won and I wasn't in the pool, so I went in.That was the logic of people in our group at work, no one wants to be left behind, just in case lightning strikes. I bought in for that reason.

scrouds is right. I'm not buying the group pool, and our buyer photocopies all the tickets and distributes them to the group before the drawing, so no worries if my single one wins.

Media said the lump sum option on $500 million is $327 million. Fed taxes would be 35%(until 12/31/12) on the lump sum, our state grab is either 6% or 12%, so I think the take home then would either be ~$189 million or ~$173 million.

Turtlebug mentioned it's up to $550 million, so with another 10% it's around $200 million; that's enough.

If yall want to do a pool, I'll buy here in florida. You can establish residency in the state before we cash out so you don't have to pay state income tax.

No "I i win, I'll buy a pool!" joke?

scrouds said:   If yall want to do a pool, I'll buy here in florida. You can establish residency in the state before we cash out so you don't have to pay state income tax.

That's a good idea (although DE not FL, one has standards).

What happens if a visiting foreigner (say from tax free Monaco) has bought the winning ticket? Will the Feds still want a cut?

Skipping 25 Messages...
better yet. buy the ticket and 'give' it to a friend to watch with you...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dac815536b
DenverDiver said:   iowahawkeye said:   5, 16, 22, 23 and 29.
The Powerball number was 6.

I'm going to buy these numbers and watch the replay of the Powerball drawing just to make me feel better

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014