• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Forgot to buy my tickets during lunchtime
I'll have to go after work.

ganda said:   scrouds said:   If yall want to do a pool, I'll buy here in florida. You can establish residency in the state before we cash out so you don't have to pay state income tax.

That's a good idea (although DE not FL, one has standards).

What happens if a visiting foreigner (say from tax free Monaco) has bought the winning ticket? Will the Feds still want a cut?

Feds will do backup withholding which is higher then normal withholding. They would have to file a tax return to get what they can back. Its income received in the US, they want their cut.

Well, this is one way to balance the federal budget.

Powerball isn't played in California where I am. Just MegaMillions and SuperLotto Plus.

But no problem. The odds of me winning the big one in Powerball is 1 in 175 million. I play SuperLotto Plus instead. At 1 in 18 million, that's a sure thing.

"Powerball officials say they now believe there is a 75 percent chance that the winning combination of numbers will be drawn Wednesday night..." (AP)

Of course, 75% of all statistics are made up.

I wonder what the loot would be if no one wins tonight.
I would say around 700 million.

I say either 2 people will have the winning ticket tonight, or no one will.

still only bought 1 ticket. sometimes I buy two, but only when my days of the week are mixed up an I think the drawing has passed.

Went in on an office pool many years back during a high payout lottery...

The person in charge of collecting money and going for the tickets came back and said, "I bought a few for myself too" and refused to give everybody a copy of the tickets included in the pool. She couldn't understand why I, and many others, were so mad about it. In more recent times, her best friend was fired form the same job for stealing more than 200k through false claims. Two peas in a pod.

mapatsfan said:   [, and our buyer photocopies all the tickets and distributes them to the group before the drawing, so no worries if my single one wins.

That's so old school. Our pool scanned them as a PDF and emailed them out.

Sooooo did we win????

mewhojen said:   I did put out an offer to the regular OT crowd.and thats the last time you put out

5, 16, 22, 23 and 29.
The Powerball number was 6.

iowahawkeye said:   5, 16, 22, 23 and 29.
I watched the drawing live, and my ticket had every one of those numbers. Then it burst into flames.

didnt win anything

Forgot to buy my tickets

My tickets are at home.. Should check in evening if I won something.

winning tickets sold in Arizona and Missouri

I won $2 by not playing!! Wrote down my numbers. Only matched one.

We had a couple partial matches that pay $4 each. Divided by the number of people in the pool, I think we'd each get a couple cents.

from MO - didn't win.

back to work tonight.

I bought one ticket. It didn't match a single number.

iowahawkeye said:   5, 16, 22, 23 and 29.

I'm going to buy these numbers and watch the replay of the Powerball drawing just to make me feel better

I'm relieved my $2 bet didn't win.

Now I don't have to decide between a 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 or a 2013 Porsche 911S, between a 2013 Ford Raptor or 2013 Toyota Tundra pickup, between a 2013 Tracker Nitro Z-9 or Z-8 bass boat, or between an iPhone5 and a Galaxy S III.

That was going to be a lot of shopping next week.

mapatsfan said:   I'm relieved my $2 bet didn't win.

Now I don't have to decide between a 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 or a 2013 Porsche 911S, between a 2013 Ford Raptor or 2013 Toyota Tundra pickup, between a 2013 Tracker Nitro Z-9 or Z-8 bass boat, or between an iPhone5 and a Galaxy S III.

That was going to be a lot of shopping next week.

"Decide between"? You buy all

the 4 year old would of done better than 99%...the 4 year old would be part of the 1% :0 ganda said:   If you ask a 4 year old to pick numbers you get

"hang on, you can pick bigger numbers, you know!"

so if those are the numbers, buy Mattel stock.

better yet. buy the ticket and 'give' it to a friend to watch with you...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dac815536b
DenverDiver said:   iowahawkeye said:   5, 16, 22, 23 and 29.

I'm going to buy these numbers and watch the replay of the Powerball drawing just to make me feel better

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014