SEARS.COM is a JOKE!

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am posting to warn potential shoppers to stay clear of Sears.com for their purchases.

Our 2 holiday orders are all screwed up and 1/2 of the items have been cancelled by Sears.

Also, no notices were sent of cancellations - we found out when one order arrived with 1 out of 3 items - after calling they admitted a problem, but said they could have it re-shipped. After 15 minutes with the rep, we were told all the items were out of stock - Why didn't they check FIRST!

The second order was for pickup - upon arriving the same story - 1 out of 3 items were OUT OF STOCK for our purchased pickup. Again no cancellation email or status shown on the website. This was a tool chest set and without the third part it was worthless.

Reps online insulted us by telling us that the 4 sets listed at out local store were purchased simultaneously from buyers in the entire country. Huh?
These sets were available for 2 days as we pondered the purchase, but all the sudden all 4 were bought at the same time. Local buyers would have also ordered for local pickup , not the entire country as explained.

Sears.com is a joke - you have been warned.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
what are the odds of this going to FWF?

In other related news, expert warns of computer issues after the year 2000.

Said expert was wearing a brown polyester shirt he bought at Sears

(how and why does Sears still exist?)

i like them for craftsman stuff

Store Rage Wars - my new reality show following people that blow out their sphincters over inconsequential store errors, stores enforcing their own policies, and other sure fire hilarity.

I like jokes

Circuit City did the same thing to me on a Black Friday right before they went under.

Try this: Search for something, then go to the 10th page of search results. Now try going beyond the 10th page. You can't click on a button that allows that. Sears knows of this problem but hasn't fixed it in over a years.

ganda said:   how and why does Sears still exist?)Lifetime warranted Craftsman hand tools and garden hoses.

replyguy said:   Circuit City did the same thing to me on a Black Friday right before they went under.

They (the original Circuit City) also said I switched tags on a hard drive deal (the 120gb deal many years ago for $20) and I called the managers bluff and insisted we go watch the security tape in the backroom. He declined my offer and the whole chain went under soon after.

larrymoencurly said:   ganda said:   how and why does Sears still exist?)Lifetime warranted Craftsman hand tools and garden hoses.

Replacing the screwdrivers I used as a chisel while having tens of thousands of square feet of horrible clothes for sale seems like a bad business model

I do like them for tires. Tires and tools. Ditch the rest.

ganda said:   larrymoencurly said:   ganda said:   how and why does Sears still exist?)Lifetime warranted Craftsman hand tools and garden hoses.

Replacing the screwdrivers I used as a chisel while having tens of thousands of square feet of horrible clothes for sale seems like a bad business model

So come see the harder side of Sears?

A 1990s reference is so apt for Sears

I want to be the first to say that I miss Sears, they were awesome.

911 is a joke. Text

Sears KidVantage is wonderful!! Best place to buy clothes for boys, especially jeans.

a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.

MadAnthony said:   a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.

I had a similar experience... I returned a weed-wacker that wouldn't run properly. I paid with paypal and that threw them into full 'I dont know what to do mode' and they wanted me to take a Sears store gift card as a refund. I refused and then had to go to their "secret" room to get a cash refund which took about 1/2 hour. I will no longer use paypal at Sears because of that. Their system isn't setup to refund directly to paypal. I've also been going back and forth with their CSR's about the return of my SYWR points. They are clueless.

MadAnthony said:   a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.Similiar, ordered 2 multimeter and was told ready to pick up. Only one available and took 30+ minutes to refund the other meter to my card.

fasttimes said:   I like jokes
ONLY WHEN THEY ARE FUNNY!

ganda said:   Replacing the screwdrivers I used as a chisel while having tens of thousands of square feet of horrible clothes for sale seems like a bad business model

So Sears should become Home Depot with tires?

Actual businesses:

Bells & Smells: no longer has a retail store, just online.

Liquor and Luggage: still around

Super City: office furniture and liquor. Gone.

Sears and Kmart are the same thing now.

Two great disappointing shopping experiences come together!

larrymoencurly said:   ganda said:   Replacing the screwdrivers I used as a chisel while having tens of thousands of square feet of horrible clothes for sale seems like a bad business model

So Sears should become Home Depot with tires?

Actual businesses:

Bells & Smells: no longer has a retail store, just online.

Liquor and Luggage: still around

Super City: office furniture and liquor. Gone.

No, I'm not a contractor and there is a TON of stuff in HD I'll never buy.

There's a gap in the market here, a store for men. Tools, mowers, big TVs, tires, beer and hardware under one roof. Forget the lumber and all the Xmas crap and flowers etc that HD also sells.

hd is a shitty hardware store. So is Lowes. If I want hardware, I go to my local. Better selection and I don't need to buy a blister pack of screws if I only need 1.

MadAnthony said:   a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.

my return was full of difficulties too. Took a good hour or so of me calling corporate that insisted if it wasn't showing in system, nothing they could do. They evidently HATE returns.

MadAnthony said:   a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.In a feeble defense of Sears, you're story sounds a little goofy. I ordered these cleats, I thought they were running shoes...they were probably thinking...OK either this guy is full retard or he's trying to pull a fast one on us...

SigX said:   MadAnthony said:   a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.In a feeble defense of Sears, you're story sounds a little goofy. I ordered these cleats, I thought they were running shoes...they were probably thinking...OK either this guy is full retard or he's trying to pull a fast one on us...

I could see this happening. There are track running shoes with cleats. If it isnt clearly stated in the description, I could see how they could be mistakenly ordered for regular running shoes.

SigX said:   MadAnthony said:   a few months ago I accidentally ordered a pair of what I thought were running shoes from Sears.com . They turned out to be football cleats. I returned them to the store near my house. This took 2 employees, 15 minutes, a trip to a different register on a different floor, and a return in cash instead of a credit card refund. From what I can gather, in the 15 or so years that ecommerce has been around, nobody has tried to return an online order to Sears before.In a feeble defense of Sears, you're story sounds a little goofy. I ordered these cleats, I thought they were running shoes...they were probably thinking...OK either this guy is full retard or he's trying to pull a fast one on us...

They were on clearance and stuff was selling fast, so I clicked quickly - I don't know if they didn't list it or if I just missed it. But my reason was no different than if I was returning because they didn't fit or I didn't like the style or whatever. The problem wasn't them not agreeing to take the return, the problem is that their POS POS system seems incapable of processing a return that was within their return rules and had proper documentation.

Is the joke funny?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014