Mighty Wings?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Sept at McDonalds 

(pic hint: not much of a pic, just a McDonald sign being lowered toward a big red roof...worker in shorts reaching up)

"The wings will be sold in packs of three, five and 10, starting at $2.99."

$3 for 3 wings? Ripoff!

mapatsfan said:   "The wings will be sold in packs of three, five and 10, starting at $2.99."

$3 for 3 wings? Ripoff!

I am  totally on board with this product, and their pricing scheme. But I must, due to historical precedent, ask the following question:

Will these be *chicken* wings? 

"breaded", doesn't sound promising. I lived in Buffalo for a while and got addicted to wings there but most place make soggy and tiny wings. I'll try a few for sure though. I also have my share of "gas station" wings and so far I'm still alive.

No living creatures will be injured in the making of these "Mighty Wings".  The same cannot be said for the customers, however...

ZenNUTS said:   "breaded", doesn't sound promising. I lived in Buffalo for a while and got addicted to wings there but most place make soggy and tiny wings. I'll try a few for sure though. I also have my share of "gas station" wings and so far I'm still alive.
  er, how can a chicken wing be soggy?
or are you one of those people who likes crispy dry wings with the sauce on the side?

a new reason for
this!

sublimosa said:   
ZenNUTS said:   "breaded", doesn't sound promising. I lived in Buffalo for a while and got addicted to wings there but most place make soggy and tiny wings. I'll try a few for sure though. I also have my share of "gas station" wings and so far I'm still alive.
  er, how can a chicken wing be soggy?
or are you one of those people who likes crispy dry wings with the sauce on the side?

It should still be crispy even with sauce.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was about extra absorbent maxi pads? 

I'm on the fence about this turn of events.

I'll stick with their burgers.  I expect McDonald's Mighty Wings to be almost all chicken bones.  Unless you like chicken bones, you'll probably do better with Chicken McNuggets.

TheGhoul said:   I'm on the fence about this turn of events.
  I can see why: new menu items might crowd out, well, certain beloved seasonal items.   

moonbeam said:   Am I the only one who thought this thread was about extra absorbent maxi pads? 
  Just ewww!

They first introduced these in the late 90's and early 2000s and this is what got me hooked on MickieDees in the first place. Hopefully they are just as good!

Daym Drops review:
http://youtu.be/L8uxU3eP5z8  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014