Flight 370

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
Now that the plane was found outside of Australia, lets hope they can find the black box and see how 99% of the theories were so far off that it just reveals how CNN just milked this entire situation for profits.  I've been watching CNN daily several hours each day and I know their every move.

They found it. It was hiding with Joyrae

Necromancer said:   Now that the plane was found outside of Australia, lets hope they can find the black box and see how 99% of the theories were so far off that it just reveals how CNN just milked this entire situation for profits.  I've been watching CNN daily several hours each day and I know their every move.

no one confirmed that it is flight 370 yet. 

linrick said:   
Necromancer said:   Now that the plane was found outside of Australia, lets hope they can find the black box and see how 99% of the theories were so far off that it just reveals how CNN just milked this entire situation for profits.  I've been watching CNN daily several hours each day and I know their every move.

no one confirmed that it is flight 370 yet. 

He's following the modern media model: If something mgiht be true, report that it is true so you can scoop everybody else. If it's not true, quietly apologize.

KayK said:   
Sprintx said:   Pieces of what is suspected to be an aircraft were seen washed up on Andhra coast Wednesday, a Telugu television channel reported.Fishermen, who saw them floating at Kutta Gouduru beach in T.P. Gudur mandal of Nellore district in south coastal Andhra off Bay of Bengal, informed the police.According to a channel, the authorities alerted the top officials. However, there was no confirmation from any official if the objects seen floating were indeed pieces of an aircraft.An airplane of the Malaysia Airlines, with 239 people, including five Indians aboard, vanished while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing March 8.A TV news channel in Malaysia had reported two days ago that missing plane may have crashed either in the Bay of Bengal or in the Indian Ocean.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aircraft-debris-missing-malaysian-plane-flight-mh-370-andhra-coast-kutta-gouduru-beach-malaysia-airlines-boeing-777-bay-of-bengal-indian-ocean/1/350197.html

Do not believe anything from the Indian media. All they want is more user views and clicks.

Pretty sure that's not exclusive to the Indian media.

MVP9596 said:   KayK said:   
Sprintx said:   Pieces of what is suspected to be an aircraft were seen washed up on Andhra coast Wednesday, a Telugu television channel reported.Fishermen, who saw them floating at Kutta Gouduru beach in T.P. Gudur mandal of Nellore district in south coastal Andhra off Bay of Bengal, informed the police.According to a channel, the authorities alerted the top officials. However, there was no confirmation from any official if the objects seen floating were indeed pieces of an aircraft.An airplane of the Malaysia Airlines, with 239 people, including five Indians aboard, vanished while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing March 8.A TV news channel in Malaysia had reported two days ago that missing plane may have crashed either in the Bay of Bengal or in the Indian Ocean.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aircraft-debris-missing-malaysian-plane-flight-mh-370-andhra-coast-kutta-gouduru-beach-malaysia-airlines-boeing-777-bay-of-bengal-indian-ocean/1/350197.html

Do not believe anything from the Indian media. All they want is more user views and clicks.

Pretty sure that's not exclusive to the Indian media.

Indian media more because almost all Indian news channels and newspapers are in some way, shape or form linked to and owned by politicians or their families.

I'm thinking at this point the plane will never be found. The ocean is way too big and nobody is sure what route it took. Stuff may wash ashore some time from now, confirming it crashed in the ocean somewhere, but that may be it.

I'm assuming if the pilots were responsible for diverting the aircraft, they turned off the plane's entertainment system so the passengers couldn't see the flight map. They then told the passengers it was "broken."

As passengers we need to protect ourselves. Bring a portable GPS device with you, or at least download a compass app to your smartphone. If you find the plane is going south in mid-flight, when it should be going north, something is up. Tell the flight attendant to tell the pilot to turn around. Really, I don't know what a passenger could do, but the pilots can't just assume if they're flying in the dark over the ocean nobody on board will be able to tell they're going the wrong way.

what I would like to know is why they have to put "do not open" on a flight recorder.....you would think they would have it sealed and secured in a way that only the manufacturer or certain people would be able to get access

lordoffire said:   what I would like to know is why they have to put "do not open" on a flight recorder.....you would think they would have it sealed and secured in a way that only the manufacturer or certain people would be able to get access
  Never underestimate the ability of redneck engineering.

Looks like CNN is laughing all the way to the bank

fasttimes said:   Necromancer said:   Now that the plane was found outside of Australia, lets hope they can find the black box and see how 99% of the theories were so far off that it just reveals how CNN just milked this entire situation for profits.  I've been watching CNN daily several hours each day and I know their every move.

Looks like CNN is laughing all the way to the bank

CNN will keep on this story, that seems 24 x 7, until the ratings drop. Must still be a lot of interest, even though it's not a U.S. airline, happened on the other side of the planet between two foreign cities and involved few U.S. citizens. If it was a foreign crash where they found the wreckage, it wouldn't have got much coverage.

But there has to be a limit where if they keep reporting nothing found, and then fill the news with invited experts giving yet more theories, until it gets old. I think the public is starting to learn the oceans are filled with floating junk, and will tire of the "breaking news" of yet another possible wreckage photographed from a satellite.

Malaysian Airlines has texted (yes texted) the relatives that the passengers are all dead.

"Your relative is dead. Very Here's a coupon for future travel"

Pathetic display of care from beginning till now by the Malaysian government.

I'm not even sure I believe that they actually have this final information. I tend to believe they just want to end the press coverage and all the attention this brings.

Based on what I don't know now, here are my Top 3 options on what really happened:

1) There was some type of malfunction, smoke, fire, or disaster on the plane.  Pilots tried to save the plane (despite CNN labeling them as terrorists because one of them decided to take their career home with a simulator - only if others weren't simply clockwatchers that won't do a second of work if it fails to meet their 8 hour schedule).
2) The plane was accidentally shot out of the sky by a country that wasn't sure what it was.  This explains how countries aren't talking and are delaying with their input on what their satellites state.
3) The plane crashed somewhere else besides the Indian Ocean.  This is simply because the Malaysian government is so inaccurate and so shady that the opposite of what they say might be the real truth.

-Engineer that has logged in over 60 hours of CNN information related to this matter

Necromancer said:   Based on what I don't know now, here are my Top 3 options on what really happened:

1) There was some type of malfunction, smoke, fire, or disaster on the plane.  Pilots tried to save the plane (despite CNN labeling them as terrorists because one of them decided to take their career home with a simulator - only if others weren't simply clockwatchers that won't do a second of work if it fails to meet their 8 hour schedule).
2) The plane was accidentally shot out of the sky by a country that wasn't sure what it was.  This explains how countries aren't talking and are delaying with their input on what their satellites state.
3) The plane crashed somewhere else besides the Indian Ocean.  This is simply because the Malaysian government is so inaccurate and so shady that the opposite of what they say might be the real truth.

-Engineer that has logged in over 60 hours of CNN information related to this matter

Once reports backpedaled on the supposed data that showed the change in route was pre-programmed, I completely stopped believing anything that anyone has to say about events surrounding the aircraft until they find it and get the flight data recorder.

That was a hugely irresponsible piece of information to get wrong and completely discredits all reporting of the incident.

arch8ngel said:   
Necromancer said:   Based on what I don't know now, here are my Top 3 options on what really happened:

Once reports backpedaled on the supposed data that showed the change in route was pre-programmed, I completely stopped believing anything that anyone has to say about events surrounding the aircraft until they find it and get the flight data recorder.

That was a hugely irresponsible piece of information to get wrong and completely discredits all reporting of the incident.

Yeah, me and you have been on the same page in this thread.  We seem to both be pretty smart.  Anyways, I've been thinking of disaster outcomes out of all of this now:

1) They find the plane anywhere else but the Indian Ocean.
2) They find out at least 1 person survived somewhere weeks, months, or years from now (somewhat unlikely but possible given every other screwup the investigation).
3) They find that this floating debris is either trash, a large creature, or wreckage that solves 1 or more previous cases that went unsolved over the years.
4) Or... drumroll... they can't even find the debris physically and they spend weeks on weeks wondering what it was they saw in the satellite images - if anything.

But yeah seeing the reaction of the familes today after some of them supposedly received the news by text message is pretty insane.  Can't imagine how they feel. 

My theory:

- Plane had 2 (or more) hijackers.. one of them being one of the pilots.
- Pilot # 1 kills Pilot # 2, turns off transponder, turns off all communication lines, hijacks plane along with others.
- While on route to their destination, whatever that may be, passengers kill all hijackers.
- None of the passengers have any flying experiencing, so in process to fly the plane, they go off route.
- They crash as a result of either running out of gas or because they tried to turn / fly low / etc.

i still vote for aliens

scrouds said:   i still vote for aliens

Mexicans?

i read that they haven't found a single piece of the wreckage that can be identified as coming from this plane. So how can they announce that they know for sure it crashed?

Sprintx said:   i read that they haven't found a single piece of the wreckage that can be identified as coming from this plane. So how can they announce that they know for sure it crashed?A typical response to this would be "When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck..", but in this case, when modern technology can put a man on moon 45 years ago and can send photos from Mars at the same time it cannot be able to track and lose a frigging plane and then cannot find it.. that too on planet earth, it's also plausible that there is enough technology available to hide it if someone wanted to.

KayK said:   
Sprintx said:   i read that they haven't found a single piece of the wreckage that can be identified as coming from this plane. So how can they announce that they know for sure it crashed?
A typical response to this would be "When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck..", but in this case, when modern technology can put a man on moon 45 years ago and can send photos from Mars at the same time it cannot be able to track and lose a frigging plane and then cannot find it.. that too on planet earth, it's also plausible that there is enough technology available to hide it if someone wanted to.

I was worried that with all the tracking that gets done, we could actually lose a whole plane. My faith in this overly oppressive information age is restored.

Sprintx said:   i read that they haven't found a single piece of the wreckage that can be identified as coming from this plane. So how can they announce that they know for sure it crashed?
  By analysis of the ping from the engine conditioning monitoring system + the amount of the fuel they had.  

click for science
Disclaimer

kamalktk said:   

I like to see actual proof. Now they said they have spotted 122 objects floating in the ocean. But who knows what they are?

Now the searchers are back to saying they think it landed somewhere, since they can't find it.

formattc said:   Now the searchers are back to saying they think it landed somewhere, since they can't find it.
  Maybe Amelia Earheart started flying the plane. Given all the theories the media are putting forth, it seems pretty plausible. 

^^mom says we're related to her

sublimosa said:   ^^mom says we're related to her
  Ask your mom is she has her cell phone number so we can settle this once and for all! 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014