• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Is there a website that will help me figure out how long it would take a letter to go from one location to another via USPS First Class mail (39-cent stamp)?

I checked USPS.gov and can only locate a zone chart, but I don't know how to figure out what the data means.

The mail I want to send is domestic mail, 834 miles between both locations.

Thank you.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Well, if the postal service can't figure it out, what makes you think anyone else can?

jimmywalt said: Is there a website that will help me figure out how long it would take a letter to go from one location to another via USPS First Class mail (39-cent stamp)?

I checked USPS.gov and can only locate a zone chart, but I don't know how to figure out what the data means.

The mail I want to send is domestic mail, 834 miles between both locations.

Thank you.

First Class Mail? Major cities with interstates nearby?

It takes two days for something to get from Boulder, CO to Kansas City, MO, about 650 miles. There are major highways that are pretty much a straight shot though.

The USPS postal rate caculator can give an estimate of travel time. Keep in mind it's an estimate based on average time in transit. if you want date-certain delivery, use Express Mail or a private carrier. You'll need to know your zip code and the zip code of the recipient.

THANKS

You can ask your regional postal center for the current surveys done. USPS randomly ships things different places in unmarked packages to get current estimates of transit time.

They are weird.

For me to ship a letter from my city to Monterey, which is next door to us, a letter first goes to San Jose & then to Monterey. Thats about 120 miles. lol.

I think its usually 2-3 days for most mail.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014