• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
We are finally getting our home (YAY!) and have been offered the Taexx pest control system by Centex Homes.

It sounds like a great program, but I have never used a system like it, so I am not sure if it really works or not.

The system is installed in your new home in all of the walls of the house (probably just outside facing walls). Since they built our house, it is already installed. After the initial treatment, they hook up to the system outside of your house, so you do not have to be home for the treatments.

Has anyone used this system or known anyone that has?

If so, how is it? What about the price?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I have it. They arrive quarterly. It seems to work pretty well, except for the flying bugs. price can range from $49 to $80 each quarter. Depending on what incentives they feel like handing you. They also do the inside of the house if you request, and they also spray the outside in addition to the wall system.

edit: we are in a new development, and it has been good at keeping all the bugs that used to live there, out. I found a dead scorpion on the side of the house once.

Thanks for the reply. Does it do termites as well?

No, another company should have already sprayed for the termites already. Your builder should be able to tell you who, and when the house was sprayed for it.

DangerBoy said: No, another company should have already sprayed for the termites already. Your builder should be able to tell you who, and when the house was sprayed for it.

I was just hoping that I could have it all done together. I wonder why they hire someone beside their company to do the initial treatment for termites? Seems like the company would do as much as possible.

I used to use Massey in GA for termites, but did not know the needs of a new house. Did you get termite control for your new house?

I'm having a house built by Meritage in the DFW area that comes with Taexx for free. I know nothing is "free" so somewhere sombody paid for it and they are going to recoup their installations costs somehow. We figured we'd get it for the first year and maybe yearly after that. With the exterior walls insulated I don't know how the poison is going to spread in the exterior walls very well. I've thought about putting anti-termite stuff down in between the walls.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014