• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Does anyone know what's the maximum height for a woman to be considered a "petite"?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Shorter than the tallest mastiff in your town.

Right about....there.

Oh yeah, that's it, baybee. Oh, that's sooo goooooood. Mmmmmmmmm, I like it when you....

Oh, shit.

Sorry.

I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

height or weight?

formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!5'10 is not petite. if you can't shop in the petite section, you are in denial.

it is still cultural if you want to use height dimension as a grading scale for what is considered as being petite.

Petite is this. They make clothing for petite people so if the petite clothing fits you then yes, you are a petite.

bigmama3 said: formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!5'10 is not petite. if you can't shop in the petite section, you are in denial.

Well, she also turned out to be a total psycho and an alcoholic, so no big loss there.

I don't think petite is a height so much as a body shape. I have seen tall women shopping in the petite section because they have a short waist or shorter arms or wanted a skirt that fits them better than the regular ones, and I have seen smaller women shopping in the junior/misses/womens section for similar reasons.

So it's for dwarves or mutants is what you're saying?

Yeah, didn't I see you there last week?

spitfiresuz said: Yeah, didn't I see you there last week?

Yes! I was under that third rack!

Sanjoelo said: spitfiresuz said: Yeah, didn't I see you there last week?

Yes! I was under that third rack!

Whose rack???

If you're talking about women's apparel sizes, it's solely based on height, usually 5'4" and under. You can have 0P to 16P and even plus size petites. Sleeves and inseams will be shorter.

formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

Ok, now I feel fat!

jjhon said: formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

Ok, now I feel fat!

pics?

Sanjoelo said: So it's for dwarves or mutants is what you're saying?

HAHAHAHHA!!! Oh, wait... I shop in the petite section!

telstar said: jjhon said: formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

Ok, now I feel fat!

pics?

I would show you... if I knew how to link

jjhon said: formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

Ok, now I feel fat!

That just sounds unhealthy. Do you really envy that? I think for her "petite" is a euphemism for "dangerously emaciated." The word "skinny" sometimes has a negative connotation, whereas "petite" just sounds cute. I'm a true petite (under 5') and that woman would tower over me.

Just wanted to add that my Mom can sometimes get away with wearing petite sizes and she's 5'6".

madscribe said: jjhon said: formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

Ok, now I feel fat!

That just sounds unhealthy. Do you really envy that? I think for her "petite" is a euphemism for "dangerously emaciated." The word "skinny" sometimes has a negative connotation, whereas "petite" just sounds cute.

Well, maybe you know better than me what is considered unhealthy... I honestly don't have any idea how skinny that girl is because I'm not nearly as tall as she is, so I have nothing to compare with...

madscribe said: Just wanted to add that my Mom can sometimes get away with wearing petite sizes and she's 5'6".

Your mom is 5'6"?? How did you turn out to be less than 5', then?

One man's petite is another man's plus.

jjhon said: madscribe said: Just wanted to add that my Mom can sometimes get away with wearing petite sizes and she's 5'6".

Your mom is 5'6"?? How did you turn out to be less than 5', then?

Beats me. I'm definitely the runt of the family.

MajorDarkside said: One man's petite is another man's plus.

Madscribe, is MDS coming on to us?

jjhon said: MajorDarkside said: One man's petite is another man's plus.

Madscribe, is MDS coming on to us?

I hope not. He creeps me out!

The answer disappeared with the demise of the Sears catalog.

I am 5'8" and there is no way I could buy petite. My mom does though and she is 5'2".

Petite sizes are generally for women under 5' 4". This chart is meant to be used for a general guideline only. Consult size charts from individual stores ...
fashion.about.com/blpetitechart.htm -

madscribe said: jjhon said: formattc said: I don't know, I dated a model once who was 5'10" and 115 lbs. and she called herself "petite". I just called her too damned skinny. Dammit, I could NOT get that woman to eat!

Ok, now I feel fat!

That just sounds unhealthy. Do you really envy that? I think for her "petite" is a euphemism for "dangerously emaciated." The word "skinny" sometimes has a negative connotation, whereas "petite" just sounds cute. I'm a true petite (under 5') and that woman would tower over me.

I fully agree. I'm not normally attracted to super-thin women, at all, I like curves. I thought she was nice though and otherwise pretty. Turns out I was way wrong on that.
I also thought I could put a few pounds on her, I was wrong about that too.

handyguy said: Petite sizes are generally for women under 5' 4".

<nodding>

MajorDarkside said: After a bottle of wine, One man's petite is another man's plus.

amen

madscribe said: Just wanted to add that my Mom can sometimes get away with wearing petite sizes and she's 5'6".

I'm 5'5" and I can wear petite skirts. The shirts and pants are too short for me. I tried to get away with it and bought a pair of petite pants. I asked my husband how I looked and he said my pants were too short And here I thought I could get away with it. I tried it again this summer. I figure with flip flops no one would notice my flood pants but hubby picked it up right away. The summer pants were size small maternity pants. They are all to short for me...

i'm 5'2 and i had to buy petite golf clubs cuz the regular ones were too long. damn i hate being short.

I'm 5'9". What's petite?

a529612 said: Does anyone know what's the maximum height for a woman to be considered a "petite"? anything 5'4" or less
i think it goes only by height, interesting.

I get called petite all the time, and I am 6' tall! I am just skinny for my height and so people refer to me as petite. I think it is just a matter of who is doing the talking. I am currently 140, and have been most of my life, but I dropped to 120 during my divorce, and trust me, people used to stop me in public and try to buy me food, it was really funny!

kelchild said: i'm 5'2 and i had to buy petite golf clubs cuz the regular ones were too long. damn i hate being short.cuz by the time you realize it's raining, it's already too late?

shopliftinginva said: I'm 5'9". What's petite?when you look down and see the top of someone's head...and they're standing up.

angelaira said: I get called petite all the time, and I am 6' tall!

Are you sure they are not being sarcastic?

Skipping 35 Messages...
I'm so petite I even have to get petite clothes altered. Sucks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014