Anyone eat Fage? (greek yogurt)

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
This is a new taste for me. Started eating the Fage yogurt a few months ago (2% is my favorite). Anway, I have a question. Why do some containters say:

Suggestion - Please do not stir

This has been boggling me for sometime. I stir it and I don't stir it and I don't notice a taste difference, just a little confusing. Without stirring it, it is difficult to mix the fruit in that normally comes with it.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Stirring unbalances the goat semen.

Well, I guess until I find the reason I will continue to be a rebel and stir my Fage! Maybe next I will start ripping the tags off my comforters and pillows!

If you stir the yogurt, then put it back in the refrigerator, it will separate and be watery and nasty.

moonbeam said: If you stir the yogurt, then put it back in the refrigerator, it will separate and be watery and nasty.

Thanks, I figured it was some reason like that.

Anyway, I eat the whole thing when I open it, so I don't think that will be a problem.

timothy86 said: moonbeam said: If you stir the yogurt, then put it back in the refrigerator, it will separate and be watery and nasty.

Thanks, I figured it was some reason like that.

Anyway, I eat the whole thing when I open it, so I don't think that will be a problem.

That's the only reason I can think of for not stirring it. I know the large containers of yogurt do tend to get separated and watery just from scooping some out with a serving spoon.

If you want, you could try asking via the questions/feedback form at fageusa.com. It's true about the stirring and then refrigerating, but the other account I'd heard was that stirring degrades the structure and flavor somewhat. It definitely is really good yoghurt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014