Lost receipt... Best Buy

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My wallet was stolen from a lockerroom this morning, and in it was a receipt for a GPS unit purchased at bestbuy that I was planning to return or price match since I see it now for 100 dollars less. Do I have any hope in getting a fair shake from best buy? Someone told me I might be able to get my credit card company to produce a statement for me. Will that work?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
that is interesting. it would have taken just an extra second to match it if they had already pulled up the copy....the... (more)

winkieweewee (Dec. 09, 2007 @ 7:06p) |

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Kinda sounds like a threat to me.

Muggles (Dec. 09, 2007 @ 7:12p) |

Check out the vending machines next time you're in an Airport. The main airport in Atlanta has them all over the place. ... (more)

Bmr4life (Dec. 09, 2007 @ 7:46p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Did you buy it with a credit card? If so, then they can look it up, but you'll probably need the card...or at least the numbers...

Fortunately I do have the card. Who can look it up? BestBuy?

So let me see if I have this straight.....you had your RECEIPT stolen from your wallet this morning and not your credit card and you immediately come on here looking for advice???

A new member no less who just joined yesterday or today.

HMMMMM.

I lost a receipt too so I went to the Best Buy and they were able to print a computer copy of my purchase based on the credit card transaction history.

in before the lock

It is not unusual for FW members to have so many credit cards they are stored in places other than a wallet

It is questionable though...

Hmmm what? I took the card out of my locker to buy a drink. The locker door either didn't fully close, or someone jimmied it opened. Do I need to descibe my entire workout routine and register 10 days ahead of time to ask a question? (today was back and arms if you must know)

I'm heading to BestBuy now to see about the duplicate receipt. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the info.

TedDansinMachine said: Hmmm what? I took the card out of my locker to buy a drink. The locker door either didn't fully close, or someone jimmied it opened. Do I need to descibe my entire workout routine and register 10 days ahead of time to ask a question? (today was back and arms if you must know)

I'm heading to BestBuy now to see about the duplicate receipt. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the info.

We're all holdong our breath !!!

It is reassuring to know that some people supposedly use credit cards to buy drinks from vending machines at the gym.

LetsGoMets1 said: TedDansinMachine said: Hmmm what? I took the card out of my locker to buy a drink. The locker door either didn't fully close, or someone jimmied it opened. Do I need to descibe my entire workout routine and register 10 days ahead of time to ask a question? (today was back and arms if you must know)

It is reassuring to know that some people supposedly use credit cards to buy drinks from vending machines at the gym.

Wow man, you're a tremendous douche.

Who cares! The OP just wants to know if you can return something w/o a receipt when using a credit card. Who cares about the story?

TedDansinMachine said: Fortunately I do have the card. Who can look it up? BestBuy?

Honestly? Who else would it be?

Take a on-line receipt of the transaction via your CC's web portal. Did you happen to use your BB reward card? They usually have receipts of such transactions on their web site too.

Douches all around indeed!

Yes, the nice girl at the register was happy to print out another receipt for me. It took her about 30 secs. I was curious as to whether best buy would do this for me, or if I would have to involve Chase to obtain a statement first.

Thanks to the non asshats who answered my question, as while this may be obvious to some, i never knew a big box store would willingly perform such a service. And while I appreciate snarky responses as much as the next guy, I have absolutely no idea what they heck would bring it out based on my rather innocuous question. So while I go about my business of canceling my other cards, getting a new license, and finding a new gym with better lockers, I'll be sure to crap on the next total stranger who asks me for asssistance... in your honor.

And when the heck did the concept of vending machines that accept credit cards become a revolutionary idea? I honestly think everyone I used in the last 6 months takes Visa/MC. My gym doesn't have vending machines though... they have a very nice juice bar where I enjoyed a cranberry juice and oatmeal cookie while some deviant pawed through my tighty whities to fish out my 10 dollar magic wallet and the whopping 2 dollars inside of it.

BrycePGH said: It is not unusual for FW members to have so many credit cards they are stored in places other than a wallet

It is questionable though...

personally, i think it would be silly to carry around more than 1-2 credit cards with you (although its not silly to have a few - especially when they just sit at home, in your safe, lowering your debt-credit ratio)...

i dont think its unusual for anyone to have more than the credit cards they keep with them in their wallet/purse...

Pebbler said: I lost a receipt too so I went to the Best Buy and they were able to print a computer copy of my purchase based on the credit card transaction history.

I can't so that. If I give them my credit card, my purchase history for just this passed week would show I bought 10 Compaq lappys, 14 wiis and 20 something GH3!

TedDansinMachine said: I'll be sure to crap on the next total stranger who asks me for asssistance... in your honor.

Classic!!!

I've been reading threads here for about 6 months and there are some total douche-flamers here who seriously need to get outside.

Flame my newbie-ass and see if I don't dish it back in spades.

HEY! HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!! That's Ted Dansin you're talking to!

LetsGoMets1 said: TedDansinMachine said: Hmmm what? I took the card out of my locker to buy a drink. The locker door either didn't fully close, or someone jimmied it opened. Do I need to descibe my entire workout routine and register 10 days ahead of time to ask a question? (today was back and arms if you must know)

Wow, you are a douche.

Ok - thread is very fast heading towards off topic...

To the OP... The story you posted was fishy at first, and got worse as it went along (hard to believe).

It's typical of trolls to ask "I want to return a stolen item, or bought from a different place" and as a newbie, it was, heck hard to believe.

I'm glad you were able to get a 'new receipt' printed. You never mentioned if you got your PM done though...

My .02...

rsuaver said: Ok - thread is very fast heading towards off topic...

To the OP... The story you posted was fishy at first, and got worse as it went along (hard to believe).

It's typical of trolls to ask "I want to return a stolen item, or bought from a different place" and as a newbie, it was, heck hard to believe.

I'm glad you were able to get a 'new receipt' printed. You never mentioned if you got your PM done though...

My .02...

Wait, this is the site where I read that people were pumping gas 1cent at a time to scam a bank, yet losing your wallet in a lockeroom and asking a general return policy question to a major big box store is considered suspicious? Generally I only ask questions on message boards when I actually have questions to ask, and I avoid responding to other's questions when all I have to contribute is some jerk off comment. So then, this will be my last on this web site.

And no, I didn't bother to price match yesterday. The store was busy and I was just appreciative that they could pull me up a duplicate so quickly that I didn't want to bother them. The sale on the Garmin 200 runs through the week, so I will do it Saturday.

Geez....don't go.....we hardly knew you !!! You're too sensitive and vain.

You just taught some crooked losers how to fence "hot" merchandise.

TedDansinMachine said: Douches all around indeed!

Yes, the nice girl at the register was happy to print out another receipt for me. It took her about 30 secs. I was curious as to whether best buy would do this for me, or if I would have to involve Chase to obtain a statement first.

Thanks to the non asshats who answered my question, as while this may be obvious to some, i never knew a big box store would willingly perform such a service. And while I appreciate snarky responses as much as the next guy, I have absolutely no idea what they heck would bring it out based on my rather innocuous question. So while I go about my business of canceling my other cards, getting a new license, and finding a new gym with better lockers, I'll be sure to crap on the next total stranger who asks me for asssistance... in your honor.

And when the heck did the concept of vending machines that accept credit cards become a revolutionary idea? I honestly think everyone I used in the last 6 months takes Visa/MC. My gym doesn't have vending machines though... they have a very nice juice bar where I enjoyed a cranberry juice and oatmeal cookie while some deviant pawed through my tighty whities to fish out my 10 dollar magic wallet and the whopping 2 dollars inside of it.

I've never seen vending machines that take cc's! But then, I live in a small town. Don't let the flaming posters, who have nothing better to do than to flame chase you away. I'm glad they could look up your receipt at BB.

LetsGoMets1 said: Geez....don't go.....we hardly knew you !!! You're too sensitive and vain.

You just taught some crooked losers how to fence "hot" merchandise.

You can't use what the poster did to fence "hot" merchandise, you need the cc to look up the receipt. Unless you think the poster just happen to steal the gps AND the cc it was purchased with AND just happen to know what store to take it back too?

How exactly will the crooked loser get his "hot merchandise" to show up for a duplicate receipt when it was stolen in the first place?

There was nothing ridiculous about the question he posed. We had vending machines that accepted credit cards at my college years ago. He isn't overly sensitive and vain and I don't blame him for lashing back out in the manner that he did considering the comments that were posted. Some "newbies" have visited this site for years and just don’t feel the need to make flaming comments like those above to boost up their post counts.

And no, I didn't bother to price match yesterday. interesting indeed

TedDansinMachine said: My wallet was stolen from a lockerroom this morning, and in it was a receipt for a GPS unit purchased at bestbuy that I was planning to return or price match since I see it now for 100 dollars less. Do I have any hope in getting a fair shake from best buy? Someone told me I might be able to get my credit card company to produce a statement for me. Will that work?

here is a good idea tape the reciept to the item dont cary it in your wallet, you can get your CC company to get you one but that will take 4+ weeks to do so thats not going to help you lesson learned.

LMAO! Very funny discussion in here. I love OP's responses as well. Sorry to hear about your Wallet! Maybe the gym has a camera around the entrance of the locker room?

I like cheese.

I think we should have a system to rate flamers...kind of like the big brother..you flame 5 times and you should have a time out, like babies...flame 10 and you should be out for a month .

BE NICE! don't just flame cause somebody had a bad day and is a newbie...people often take the power of the internet for granted...don't have any people skills or simply are spoiled brats that feel very powerful behind the computer screen thinking they know something....

You won't go far on Real life like on your job or just simply hanging out with friends by having a chip on your shoulder about everything that does not fit in your style.

If you go to certain places of Baltimore, MD in person and some newbie asks you a question about something and you start to be an ass, you might get a bullet on your way out.....so behave good everywhere you go and stay out of trouble..our jails are already full....

yos77 said: And no, I didn't bother to price match yesterday. interesting indeed

that is interesting. it would have taken just an extra second to match it if they had already pulled up the copy....the hardest part is pulling up the copy......

stracken said: I think we should have a system to rate flamers...kind of like the big brother..you flame 5 times and you should have a time out, like babies...flame 10 and you should be out for a month .

BE NICE! don't just flame cause somebody had a bad day and is a newbie...people often take the power of the internet for granted...don't have any people skills or simply are spoiled brats that feel very powerful behind the computer screen thinking they know something....

You won't go far on Real life like on your job or just simply hanging out with friends by having a chip on your shoulder about everything that does not fit in your style.

If you go to certain places of Baltimore, MD in person and some newbie asks you a question about something and you start to be an ass, you might get a bullet on your way out.....so behave good everywhere you go and stay out of trouble..our jails are already full....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Kinda sounds like a threat to me.

timecode said: TedDansinMachine said: Douches all around indeed!

I've never seen vending machines that take cc's! But then, I live in a small town. Don't let the flaming posters, who have nothing better to do than to flame chase you away. I'm glad they could look up your receipt at BB.

Check out the vending machines next time you're in an Airport. The main airport in Atlanta has them all over the place. Its a pretty common thing.

I bet you'd freak out to see vending machines selling iPods, cellphones, laptop chargers, and GPS units. They all exist.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014