Costco Photo Posters... 20x30

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Has anyone here used the 20x30 or anything larger then the 12x18 Photo services from Costco?

I just placed a sample order and it gave me an error saying the res was too small however I used their specs for pixle sizes.

I have seen the photos printed before and they are amazing.. I use to print there weekly and never had issues that was not my fault.

have to say for a 20x30 print it was an awesome price too only 9.99 + 4.99 shipping (order more then one and the shipping per print is only like 1.20 +4.99)

I am also interested in the canvas prints but I want to learn Painter XI better before I order that print.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
what was your dpi? 300 or 72.
for photo quality they prefer 300 or more. if u have a 72 dpi with larger size changing that to 300 dpi will reduce the size.

I've never had anything blown up that big there . . . but when I have to get something rezzed up properly, I use genuine fractals.

You can download a free demo (20 uses I think, not time limit on use).

It's pretty powerful software!

onOne Genuine Fractals

buyus said: what was your dpi? 300 or 72.
for photo quality they prefer 300 or more. if u have a 72 dpi with larger size changing that to 300 dpi will reduce the size.

300 dpi and the pixles same as they require

Snapfish is doing the printing for costco. so u can directly contact snafish to know what the problem is?.

Yes, I printed 20x30 size at Costco.

I use Genuine Fractals to upscale photo to 20x30 @ 300dpi

Costco upload has 2 options: one is for fast upload, the other is a slow one
If you want to print the enlargement, make sure to select the slower one to upload everything in full resolution

knov87 said: Yes, I printed 20x30 size at Costco.

If you want to print the enlargement, make sure to select the slower one to upload everything in full resolution

Yes I did notice that... and used it..

I had a high res image to start with taken with a 10mp camera The only thing I can think of is the error was on their part? I have printed smaller images up to 12x18 at costco and never had any issues I did a test run before I order anymore enlargements from them I had purchased about 8 20x30 frames online from walgreens and I plan on printing about 7 more via costco.

How did they ship the photos back to you.. I am really hoping it was not in a photo tube.

IOU said: knov87 said: Yes, I printed 20x30 size at Costco.

I had a high res image to start with taken with a 10mp camera The only thing I can think of is the error was on their part? I have printed smaller images up to 12x18 at costco and never had any issues I did a test run before I order anymore enlargements from them I had purchased about 8 20x30 frames online from walgreens and I plan on printing about 7 more via costco.

How did they ship the photos back to you.. I am really hoping it was not in a photo tube.

Yes, they were shipped back in a thick carton photo tube.
How else do you want it to ship in?

knov87 said: IOU said: knov87 said: Yes, I printed 20x30 size at Costco.

Yes, they were shipped back in a thick carton photo tube.
How else do you want it to ship in?

Large Photo mailiers perhaps? I dunno just dont want to deal with the unrolling and straighting process

I use costco all the time for my 20x30 posters. They come in a tube, but who cares, chances are you're going to be putting them in a frame, right??

I think the resolution warning cutoff is 3000x2000 pixels (which equates to 100dpi), but I print them all the time with the error since I only have an 8.2MP camera and crop in alot. I'm a professional photographer and they look great to me. I'm sure there's some services out there that perform a bit better and I'm sure I could be a pixel elitist and not print under 300 dpi, but the only time you can tell is if you are within 1 foot of the print... who looks at a poster from less than a foot away?? All my customers love their posters.

Good luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014