Fastest Way to Make a Baked Potato

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
HI All

Im having problems with my Gas Company so im gonna try to punish em. I love baked potatos done in a gas stove. Microwaved potatos are nasty in comparison. Is there a way to get a tasty bake potato without the expense of turning on the stove? Is there any new contraption out there to get a baked potato in less than 30 minutes?

thanks

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I know you can microwave them, but I've never done it. You can probably google it to get times.

Baked potatoes take about 3-4 minutes in a average size microwave, make sure you poke the potatoe several times with a fork. This allows steam to escape. Some microwaves have a button for baked potatoes.

I am sorry you have not been able to resolve the problem with your gas company, did you have any luck with the PUC?

Do you have a crock pot? I have made potatoes in a crock-pot, not quick but nice if you prepare them in the morning and they will be ready when you arrive home from work.

rcipe

I buy the pre-washed, shrink-wrapped microwavable pototoes - these things

Obviously, they cost more than regular potatoes, but since I'm a single guy and only eat potatoes once in a while, it's worth it for the rare occasions I want a baked 'tater. They come out pretty good, and quickly.

Microwave the potatoes to do like 99% of the cooking, then toss em in the oven or on a grill to finish. Baked potato without the wait, and not the pathetic lump you get out of a microwave alone.

DevilMonkey said: Microwave the potatoes to do like 99% of the cooking, then toss em in the oven or on a grill to finish. Baked potato without the wait, and not the pathetic lump you get out of a microwave alone.

grilled potatoes are very good. rub them w/ a little olive oil and salt and then wrap in foil.

Have you considered an electric oven? You can buy a little toaster oven for very little expense. Though I don't think the gas company's gonna feel the pain of you not using their gas.

DevilMonkey said: Microwave the potatoes to do like 99% of the cooking, then toss em in the oven or on a grill to finish. Baked potato without the wait, and not the pathetic lump you get out of a microwave alone.

Yep, that's what I do . . . poke holes with a fork, nuke 'em wrapped in a wet paper towel, and then wrap in foil with a little butter or EVOO and grill them with my steak.

Mmmmmm . . . meat and potatoes . . .

The answer lies in switching to an electric stove O noes, I will have to alert the media to expect your local gas company to be filing Chapter 11 in a few weeks due to your lack of consumption.

Fastest way to a baked potato: Drive to Wendys, place order, get potato.

Maybe you could figure out some method involving wrapping a potato in foil &, immediately upon your arrival home after work, running outside with it & placing it on your hot engine.

MadAnthony said: I buy the pre-washed, shrink-wrapped microwavable pototoes - these things Nothing personal, but that is the funniest thing I've seen since the Diabeetus Wilford Brimley commercials from a few days ago! [/giggle, giggle]

zacksmith said:

Im having problems with my Gas Company so im gonna try to punish em.

You're scary.

Microwave potatoes are nice. Cover with a paper towel, 4 minutes for an average one, wait one minute after cooking before eating.

Zack is an alt for ISPUP.

handyguy said: Microwave potatoes are nice. Cover with a paper towel, 4 minutes for an average one, wait one minute after cooking before eating.

What's the paper towel for? I never use a paper towel for nuked potatoes.

InterestedOnlooker said: handyguy said: Microwave potatoes are nice. Cover with a paper towel, 4 minutes for an average one, wait one minute after cooking before eating.

In case the potatoe explodes?

JerseyGirl007 said: InterestedOnlooker said: handyguy said: Microwave potatoes are nice. Cover with a paper towel, 4 minutes for an average one, wait one minute after cooking before eating.

Dan, is that you!?!

j/k

I use a wet paper towel to stop the spud from drying out at the ends . . . otherwise there can be a hard crust at the tips of the tuber.

zacksmith said: HI All

Im having problems with my Gas Company so im gonna try to punish em. I love baked potatos done in a gas stove. Microwaved potatos are nasty in comparison. Is there a way to get a tasty bake potato without the expense of turning on the stove? Is there any new contraption out there to get a baked potato in less than 30 minutes?

thanks

THE fastest way to make a baked potato. Yummo and delish.

JerseyGirl007 said: InterestedOnlooker said: handyguy said: Microwave potatoes are nice. Cover with a paper towel, 4 minutes for an average one, wait one minute after cooking before eating.

I stab mine several times with a fork to vent it before putting it in the microwave.

deathwish said:
I use a wet paper towel to stop the spud from drying out at the ends . . . otherwise there can be a hard crust at the tips of the tuber.

Yes, I have noticed the hard calloused ends once in awhile. Maybe I will use a paper towel to see if it will keep my taters juicy too. Thanks for the tip.

Made a fast tater in Decatur.

Pulling my spud son in Hudson.

Feeling my tuber while playing my tuba.

Having a side of scalloped pototes with my scallops.

The au gratin has gone rotten.

I prefer Idaho's in Idaho.

Had a latka in Slobodka.

Had a Yukon Gold in the Congo.

dkong said: Had a Yukon Gold in the Yukon.

Had to give it a fix in Gran Prix.

I poke my potatoes with a fork in New York.

You say potato I say potato in Pago Pago.

I'm still haveing trouble understanding what's wrong with the microwave.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014