• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just saw this, cust requested a price adjust on an item that dropped in price and was purchased within the past 30 days from amaz0n, they were given the price adjustment refund, but this was added to the confirmation email:

"Only orders placed before September 1, 2008 are eligible for a price difference refund under the Post-Order Price Guarantee policy. As of September 1, 2008 we are no longer offering discounts if prices change on our website after you make a purchase."

this is a link to the amazon pricing policy page- note that the "post-order price guarantee" section is now missing.

this blows.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
That sucks . . . that has been one of their selling points over the years IMHO.

deathwish said: That sucks . . . that has been one of their selling points over the years IMHO.

yes and no. i don't use the price match/price adjustment much, i usually get a pretty good price the first time. this won't stop me from buying.

pecanpie said: this won't stop me from buying.there is nothing that can..

More info over here DB Linkadoo.

MVP9596 said: More info over here DB Linkadoo.omfg- there is a deal discussion forum here???

thanx mvp

I just called them to get a price adjustment. Actually the customer service said they don't do it anymore. But she said she will refund me back some money anyway for this time only....

tanjeffrey79 said: I just called them to get a price adjustment. Actually the customer service said they don't do it anymore. But she said she will refund me back some money anyway for this time only....

I just called and had the same experience. They claim they don't do price adjustments anymore, but would "this time."

I can understand not matching prices of other websites, but the policy of not matching their own website within 30 days of purchases make Amazon a very unattractive retailer in my opinion. Almost any reputable retailer of any size will match their own prices within 30 days of purchase. With the wild price fluctuations already evident on Amazon's site, this refusal to match their own prices makes shopping with them something like gambling

sarajk21 said: tanjeffrey79 said: I just called them to get a price adjustment. Actually the customer service said they don't do it anymore. But she said she will refund me back some money anyway for this time only....

I just called and had the same experience. They claim they don't do price adjustments anymore, but would "this time."

Apparently I should have been persistent, or called instead of e-mailing, because they didn't offer anything to me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014