• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
As an avid movie lover, I am always looking for websites that offer free movies. Just thought it would be a great idea to compile a list of sites that have free legal movies/tv shows. Please do not post sites that have illegal content (ie - sites that link you to/host illegal movies.

I ll start off with a few of my own.
Hulu - Great free site
South Park Studios - Free southpark episodes
Jadsters- Public domain films

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

surf the channelSurf the Channel

Watch out - Surf the channel is full of pop-ups and spyware stuff...

ABC - (Lost all 4 seasons etc.)

NBC - (Heroes, The Office, My Name is Earl etc.)

VH1 - Reality T.V.(Surreal life, Flava Flav etc.)

double post

But surfthechannel's streams aren't legal, though they do remove content when requested. Sidereel.com is the same way.

Fancast.com was set up by comcast and has much the same content as hulu.

Most networks: abc, nbc, cbs, fox (wait a week after to post new shows, annoying), thewb.com, abc family, usa (super reliable and on top of things), and hulu has added more movies lately though that was mentioned. I'm sure there are other networks that do this.

It is a noble effort but since hulu and the network channel content is in the hands of networks, you can not rely on something youwant to watch will be there at any given moment. The best would be to periodically check them, like everyday, and using a flash-get program, download what you may want to watch later to your hard disk but then the legality portion of this discussion goes out the window. DVR is still your best friend and I am loving my DIRECTV on-demand, coupled with a DVD recorder

Netflix is also a great way to catch up on some movies but again, that requires the 8.99 plan to watch the unlimited streams. Nice free list we have going here.

That is very true. And if we weren't having a legal discussion, there are some fantastic sites for downloading your shows or knowing you'll get to see it by noon the day after it airs. Those are great sites.

I read the title as "Free Steamy Movie Sites". Needless to say, I am disappointed!

http://www.snapfilms.com is good if you like to watch documentaries.

the legal sites only offer cached video, many of the other sites offer live streaming. I want to watch live streams of nbc, abc, cbs, fox. heck I can copy and save a video, why would I need that?

OH AND BONUS OPINION** they need to start adding closed captioning to videos if they are going to offer them! ADA should apply online TOO

empny said: As an avid movie lover, I am always looking for websites that offer free movies. Just thought it would be a great idea to compile a list of sites that have free legal movies/tv shows. Please do not post sites that have illegal content (ie - sites that link you to/host illegal movies.

I ll start off with a few of my own.
Hulu - Great free site
South Park Studios - Free southpark episodes
Jadsters- Public domain films

You mention *Legal Sites Only*. Are you sure Jadsters is legal? It is hard for me to believe that movies such as "The Scorpion King" are public domain films.

fox.com/fod

for episodes on FOX

sunnymeadows said: surf the channelSurf the Channel i like hulu. I get my jon stewart daily dose there

I believe that a lot of the movies that Jadsters has are linked to hulu's archive. The scorpion king is not in the public domain but is owned by Viacom which operates hulu. The movies that Jadsters host themselves are in the public domain and use the DivX codec which has nice play back on larger screens.

Also, great list of sites going.

Best site=http://www.ovguide.com

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014