What IS that beeping noise!

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
There is something in my bedroom that keeps beeping - 3 beeps, very loudly! It does it at random times, so you can't trace it. It may beep at 7:00 and not hear it again for hours. Then you will hear it every five minutes for 2 cycles. Then, not again until an hour later. And, it may not do this every day. It's driving me nutty!!! It's not the smoke alarm. I've never heard this 'beeping' before now. It's been going on for about two weeks. I've looked everywhere. HHEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!

I might have to hire a private investigator just to find this noise.

Ok, guess the secret beep. What could it be?

No, none of my toys need batteries.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
smoke detector needing battery in hall outside of bedroom door? leak detectors

Do you have a battery backup on an alarm clock? Sometimes they will give a warning beep when the batteries are low.

Which made me think...sometimes if you have fluctuations in current, it can cause various electronics to turn off/on. And check cellphones to make sure you don't have missed messages/calls.

THIS
Disclaimer
rhondamellons said: No, none of my toys need batteries.Thenn...did you leave this plugged in??

On a serious note - I'd say it's a watch with an alarm feature, tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

Cell phone that needs charging?

Somebody geeking you? Geek Linky

BetterDays said: Somebody geeking you? Geek Linky

anybody know where to buy em cheaper? I need a few

What about a ups battery backup thingy?

my remote car alarm system key fob will do that

Dick Cheney's pacemaker?

your iRabbit's battery is running low

I agree with cell phone or smoke detector battery being low, also could be carbon monoxide detector catching low levels or going bad.

Sorry, none of those...I just heard it again. I think someone has put a beeping device in a 'frog' or something and it is hopping around my room and beeping in different spots.

TM1 said: Dick Cheney's pacemaker?/turns TM1's spray can around and presses button for extended time/

Don't whimper when folks make similar "jokes" about The One and his expanding cabinet of thieves & hustlers.

Xnarg said: TM1 said: Dick Cheney's pacemaker?/turns TM1's spray can around and presses button for extended time/

Don't whimper when folks talk about The One and his gang of thieves & hustlers.

Sorry you missed the non-political humor in that one. Not all of us post a politician's name to stir the pot, like some.

TM1 said: Xnarg said: TM1 said: Dick Cheney's pacemaker?/turns TM1's spray can around and presses button for extended time/

Sorry you missed the non-political humor in that one. Not all of us post a politician's name to stir the pot, like some.
What are you talking about? My post about "The One and his cabinet of thieves and hustlers was purely "non-political," just like yours.

Xnarg said: TM1 said: Xnarg said: TM1 said: Dick Cheney's pacemaker?/turns TM1's spray can around and presses button for extended time/

What are you talking about? My post about "The One and his cabinet of thieves and hustlers was purely "non-political," just like yours.

Xnarg, NOTHING you post is ever NOT political - even your attemps at what you think is Clever innuendo, but thanks for playing.

rhondamellons said: Sorry, none of those...I just heard it again. I think someone has put a beeping device in a 'frog' or something and it is hopping around my room and beeping in different spots.

The smoke detectors in my house are strange when it comes to finding the one that beeps. I swear, they can throw their beep into another room (ie, the beep sounds louder inside a bedroom than when you stand under the smoke detector in the hallway).

If you haven't changed the battery in your smoke detectors, it's worth a shot to see if that cures the beeping noise.

beep

You don't happen to have a laundry room nearby that has a freezer?

Our freezer has a beeping alarm if the temperature gets too warm inside.

Jstkiddn said: You don't happen to have a laundry room nearby that has a freezer?

Our freezer has a beeping alarm if the temperature gets too warm inside.

Oh, that reminds me. My fridge will beep if the door isn't closed completely. I discovered that while searching for a stray beep in my kitchen.

The way to find it is to start eliminating stuff.

Take the batteries out of something and unplug it, then see if it happens again. If it does, move to the next item.... lather, rinse, repeat.

If the beep is moving, do you have anything in the house that moves? Roomba? Geeked cat or dog?

It's all in your head. There is no beeping noise... (jk)

Have some friends over for dinner and make a game of identifying where the noise is coming from. Whoever figures it out gets a _____.

Do you have a glucose monitor?

A poltergeist?

did your cat eat something that beeps?

TM1 said: Xnarg said: TM1 said: Xnarg said: TM1 said: Dick Cheney's pacemaker?/turns TM1's spray can around and presses button for extended time/

Xnarg, NOTHING you post is ever NOT political - even your attemps at what you think is Clever innuendo, but thanks for playing.

Told ya Xnarg, you remember that heated discussion awhile ago we had.

i farted

DangerBoy said: beep

No...it's beep, beep, beep.

Take the toy box outside. I SWEAR my son's toys used to beep at me as soon as I put my head on the pillow. Then I'd spend 2 hours trying to figure out WHICH toy it was.

Does your daughter have the mosquito ringtone?

I've narrowed it down. It is coming from somewhere toward the back of my computer desk. I have my computer on a roll-top desk - monitor/printer on top and keyboard on desk. I have taken everything out, looked behind the desk, removed the drawers, etc., and still can't find it.

rhondamellons said: I've narrowed it down. It is coming from somewhere toward the back of my computer desk. I have my computer on a roll-top desk - monitor/printer on top and keyboard on desk. I have taken everything out, looked behind the desk, removed the drawers, etc., and still can't find it.

Does the computer model give diagnostic beeps. Mine does, and it did do a "beep, beep, beep" one time. I had to look up the code, and fix something to get it to stop. There was a connection that had come loose. I don't know if any/all PC manufacturers/models do this, or not. I have a Compaq Evo D510, and it will emit a series of beeps that correspond to a particular problem that needs attention. As long as the PC has any power source, it will beep until you give attention to the problem.

I found it!!!!!! (I think). It was the printer. I must have reset it when I was cleaning it off. It hasn't beeped since! I hope it was that! I was beginning to think crickets started to beep instead of chirp.

PC LOAD LETTER? WTF does that mean?

The FBI is tapping your phone lines and placing bugs in your house. Be afraid...be very afraid.

Oh, oh! I know! The sound of a thread locking to prevent the escalation of a fight?

Skipping 5 Messages...
One word = crack!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014