• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
or alternative down topper?

i think it would crush it.
Text

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
My bed:

Mattress> feather bed> mattress pad > fitted sheet > plain sheet > heated blanket > down comforter

My bed is p-i-m-p

Not sure what you mean but I always make sure my mattress has a bed bug resistant mattress pad on it

Sounds like overkill to use both and you would need really deep sheets. Go with either the pad or the topper.

I sleep on top of my down comforter. I LOVE it. It stays nice and cool, no matter how hot it is. It's like sleeping on a cloud.

Just sent one to SSGSepo in Iraq too, but I spent big $$$ and bought him a real feather one, not synthetic fibers like mine. Apparently, the feathers (quills??) poke him and they "escape". Can I tell you how pissed I am about that??

CapEx said: My bed:

Mattress> feather bed> mattress pad > fitted sheet > plain sheet > heated blanket > down comforter

My bed is p-i-m-p
Wow! I have the same set-up. We have a slightly padded mattress cover over the feather bed to keep the feathers from poking us. Still sleeping in a cloud, when i actually get to sleep in my own bed

qcumber98 said: Sounds like overkill to use both and you would need really deep sheets. Go with either the pad or the topper.

I find that the feather bed tends to slide without the mattress pad holding it snugly in place.

Edit: I never learned slid vs. slide

Grrrr..."sleeping in a cloud". "Sleeping ON a cloud"...

I think I have found my new internet twin!

when I'm under a down comforter & over feathers it is - didn't see your post as I type too damn slow.

I know, but that's just weird. That's happened several times since you got here. Kinda freaky, yeah?

/exiting sepo's brain again

Come back....the other voices LIKE you.

mine is is:

mattress pad
fitted sheet
alternative down topper inside a flannel duvet cover
flat sheet
vellux blanket
alternative down comforter

My featherbed smelled like goose when I got it. My bed is more comfortable without it.

A mattress pad is intended to keep the mattress clean and reduce dust mites. So yes, I'd put a mattress pad on top of the featherbed topper.

tie me to the bedpost

Mine is

mattress
mattress pad
feather topper (which is inside protector to keep stickies at bay)
fitted sheet

Due to dust mite allergies we wash the sheets every 4 days or so and the topper gets fluffed.

no! I sold some pretty high end bedding while working for RL- featherbeds included- here is the way we set it up.

Put the featherbed in a duvet cover. Duvet covers come right off and go in the laundry. A king FB fits in a queen duvet cover as the duvet cover is made to hang down the sides of the bed. Just check the measurments of your FB and shop for a duvet cover accordingly.

Put the duvet incased FB on top of all the rest of the crap you have on your mattress- including the fitted sheet. (and mattress topper)

You can now slip a fitted sheet over just the duvet if you wish.

This is how we told our designer linen customers to do it- works like a charm.

Now the duvet can be picked up and fluffed at will. If you cram it under a fitted sheet attached to the mattress you will smoosh it out- so why have a FB if it is smooshed

mine, from bottom to top:

mattress
ikea mattress pad/ pillowtop thing (like this)
sheet
madanthony
sheet
2 fleece blankets
comforter
cat

discusbabe said: no! I sold some pretty high end bedding while working for RL- featherbeds included- here is the way we set it up.

Put the featherbed in a duvet cover. Duvet covers come right off and go in the laundry. A king FB fits in a queen duvet cover as the duvet cover is made to hang down the sides of the bed. Just check the measurments of your FB and shop for a duvet cover accordingly.

Put the duvet incased FB on top of all the rest of the crap you have on your mattress- including the fitted sheet. (and mattress topper)

You can now slip a fitted sheet over just the duvet if you wish.

This is how we told our designer linen customers to do it- works like a charm.

Now the duvet can be picked up and fluffed at will. If you cram it under a fitted sheet attached to the mattress you will smoosh it out- so why have a FB if it is smooshed
Exactly right. I don't get the popularity of a featherbed anyway - the quills are irritating. I love my down comforters (there are 2 on the bed in winter since the house isn't heated) but they are each in a duvet and there is little down leakage and no quills.

My winter bed is:

mattress on box spring on real bed frame
memory foam pad
all cotton mattress pad
fitted sheet
flat sheet
3 cotton thermal blankets
2 down comforters
3 queen bed pillows
1 Euro pillow

The featherbed topper we have has two different kinds of feathers; the courser feathers are on the bottom, while the fine loftier feathers are in their own compartment on the top. That goes inside of a case so we never feel them.

The reason we put a sheet on top of the featherbed is to keep it from moving so much.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014