Itch after taking a shower

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
For some reason all my body is itchy after I take a shower. The itchiness will subside within 5-10 minutes, however, I find those 5-10 minutes to be very annoying.

I also cannot have my skin exposed for a prolonged period of time or it will start to itch.

Any idea what is causing this? Anyway to stop it???? This is problematic especially when my gf sleeps over...

Sounds like the soap or bodywash you're using. Try something else.

Stretch marks and fat folds, when you clean them may itch. From what I am told

do you use a loofah?

qcumber98 said: do you use a loofah?

no man uses a loofah!

My guess is you are using a soap that is drying out your skin, and possibly to hot of water.

Try not taking such hot showers, switch your soap...maybe Aveeno? And use lotion right after drying off.

viperlance said: For some reason all my body is itchy after I take a shower. The itchiness will subside within 5-10 minutes, however, I find those 5-10 minutes to be very annoying.

I also cannot have my skin exposed for a prolonged period of time or it will start to itch.

Any idea what is causing this? Anyway to stop it???? This is problematic especially when my gf sleeps over...

Don't take showers when your gf sleeps over...problem solved.

What is a loofah? Is it one of those shower puff thingy? If it is, then yes I do use it. Does that cause itchiness?

I use dove, so that should dry my skin off, but I do shower with hot water. Using less hot water is kind off out of the question though...

for stretch mark and fat fold, I used to be fat, 220 pounds down to 170 pounds. Does that means I have a lot of fat fold?

And about the gf part, I said I get itchy when I take my shirt off for a prolonged period of time; so taking a shower is not what making my skin itch when my gf sleeps over.

viperlance said: What is a loofah? Is it one of those shower puff thingy? If it is, then yes I do use it. Does that cause itchiness?

/looks at dangerboy/ Ha! Take that wabbit!

OP, I have the same problem as you. When you are cold, do you also feel itchy? When you get itchy, does it appear as a rash?

viperlance said: Using less hot water is kind off out of the question though... . Why? Are you allergic to warm water?

A loofah is typically rough, it's not a mesh sponge that you seem to be describing

If your foot itches, I hear you can pee on it to make it stop.

stretch marks will itch for sure. Probably should start trying out different body washes. Soaps with "parabens" in them might cause itching.

When you take a "shower" do you use "water"? Try using "water" and the "itching" might "stop".

get a good lotion & when you get out of the shower, dab your skin dry & apply the lotion while it is still wet. Curel is good; there's another one that starts with a "Eu" but I can't remember the name. Neither smells girly.

viperlance said: What is a loofah? Is it one of those shower puff thingy? If it is, then yes I do use it. Does that cause itchiness?

I saw it on Dateline or something. Run that thing through the washer or get a new one, because mebbee there is stuff growing on there. Some kid had bad asthma or something and they couldn't figure it out. Turned out to be the loofah.

mewhojen said: get a good lotion & when you get out of the shower, dab your skin dry & apply the lotion while it is still wet. Curel is good; there's another one that starts with a "Eu" but I can't remember the name. Neither smells girly.

Eucerin

A loofah is a plant product. I do not refer to a synthetic shower scrubbie as a loofah. The distinction could be important if there is an allergy.

sounds like a classic case of cuties

HorB said: mewhojen said: get a good lotion & when you get out of the shower, dab your skin dry & apply the lotion while it is still wet. Curel is good; there's another one that starts with a "Eu" but I can't remember the name. Neither smells girly.

Eucerin

Still have some from free stuff... wish it did smell girly.

HawkeyeNFO said: If your foot itches, I hear you can pee on it to make it stop.

Golden shower?

DangerBoy said: qcumber98 said: do you use a loofah?no man uses a loofah!That would come as news to Bill O'Reilly, who ended up paying $2 million for one.

I thought peeing on your feet prevented athlete's foot.

qcumber98 said: viperlance said: What is a loofah? Is it one of those shower puff thingy? If it is, then yes I do use it. Does that cause itchiness?

/looks at dangerboy/ Ha! Take that wabbit!

OP, I have the same problem as you. When you are cold, do you also feel itchy? When you get itchy, does it appear as a rash?

Yes to both.

I don't care what peeing at your feet does, I think it is kinda gross!

OP, your showers are too hot and too long which is drying out your skin. Cut back to a 5 minute shower with as lukewarm water as you can handle.

Also, soap that stays on your skin can cause itchiness. Contrary to what people think, you don't need to use soap everywhere everyday. Alternate areas where you use and use sparingly. Your skin will end up being moister.

middleagedmom said: I thought peeing on your feet prevented athlete's foot.

That is when you are in public showers and you don't pee on your feet you pee on the floor. It can temporarily sanitize it for you.

middleagedmom said: I thought peeing on your feet prevented athlete's foot.

That is what Madonna said in Truth or Dare.

OP, I'm going to bet it's the hot water. Hot water drys out your skin. Lotion might help the after effects, but really you should turn down the water temp.

timothy86 said: OP, your showers are too hot and too long which is drying out your skin. Cut back to a 5 minute shower with as lukewarm water as you can handle.

Also, soap that stays on your skin can cause itchiness. Contrary to what people think, you don't need to use soap everywhere everyday. Alternate areas where you use and use sparingly. Your skin will end up being moister.

let's see if these steps work!

viperlance said: qcumber98 said: OP, I have the same problem as you. When you are cold, do you also feel itchy? When you get itchy, does it appear as a rash?

Yes to both.

Just as I suspected. Looks like everyone has already suggested warm water. I took a warm 15 minute shower last night with my Nivea body wash and I felt fine. I tend to walk around naked after a shower so during the winter, my skin is especially itchy because I want to take hot showers.

Any kind of dove product makes me itch.

qcumber98 said: viperlance said: qcumber98 said: OP, I have the same problem as you. When you are cold, do you also feel itchy? When you get itchy, does it appear as a rash?

Yes to both.

Just as I suspected. Looks like everyone has already suggested warm water. I took a warm 15 minute shower last night with my Nivea body wash and I felt fine. I tend to walk around naked after a shower so during the winter, my skin is especially itchy because I want to take hot showers.

What, do you keep the heat in the 70's?

I keep heat around 65 during day and 63 at night. I would freeze if I walked around naked!

timothy86 said: What, do you keep the heat in the 70's?

I keep heat around 65 during day and 63 at night. I would freeze if I walked around naked!

No need to turn on the heater in SoCal. I live on the second floor of a three-story complex so it's nice and cozy inside. Winter months are cold at night but not freezing, unless I were to walk around naked. But during the rest of the year, I'm out there and I'm lovin' it!

You are having an allergic reaction to the soap.

I'm going to go a totally different direction: How often to you wash your bedding? And your clothes? I'm thinking you're allergic to dust mites. Or maybe you have bed bugs.

moonbeam said: I'm going to go a totally different direction: How often to you wash your bedding? And your clothes? I'm thinking you're allergic to dust mites. Or maybe you have bed bugs.

I'm going to go a totally different direction: What did you eat for breakfast? What color is your hair?

timothy86 said: moonbeam said: I'm going to go a totally different direction: How often to you wash your bedding? And your clothes? I'm thinking you're allergic to dust mites. Or maybe you have bed bugs.

I'm going to go a totally different direction: What did you eat for breakfast? What color is your hair?

No, you're going to a totally different topic.

moonbeam said: I'm going to go a totally different direction: How often to you wash your bedding? And your clothes? I'm thinking you're allergic to dust mites. Or maybe you have bed bugs.

OCD = wash the sheet once every 2 weeks. I wear my clothes once and the to the washer it goes. I do my laundry once a week. The itchiness starts when I finish showering and/or when I am naked for a prolonged period of time.

The problem might be with your shower. It's good to caulk tight crevices from time to time. I know that it irritates my wife when I don't use my caulk frequently.

While you're still damp rub some oil(neutrogena sesame is the best)then air dry. good luck itchy FW'er. get the gal pal involved... TGIF!

thenona said: While you're still damp rub some oil(neutrogena sesame is the best)then air dry. good luck itchy FW'er. get the gal pal involved... TGIF!

If I am stepping out from the shower, naked, and getting my gf and some sort of oil involved... it will most definitely NOT to prevent some sort of itchiness

Skipping 28 Messages...
Did you try taking a bath to see if InterestedOnlooker is right?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014