• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm speaking of quality of life, crime, pollution, recreation, taxes...

I've heard nightmares about Fort Myers.

Assume we can live anywhere in Florida except the Miami and surrounding area.

I've heard Jacksonville, Clearwater and Largo are all nice.

city-data.com is a good place to go for information comparing sites and getting opinions from different people.

NE FL is very nice, especially upper St. Johns county. Southside Jax is nice (that's where most employers are, young professionals and shopping), Riverside/San Marco/5 Pts.--artsy, old Jax, Jax Beach/Hodges is decent (but nasty traffic). Ponte Vedra is nice if you're into MILF's who don't need your $$. Seriously, go to city-data and get the info you need. The crime that's on the news is pretty much in very specific areas and easily avoidable. If you are a small biz owner it's very friendly to that.

Clearwater is a good area too.

what is MILF?

I am considering moving to FL but the problem is their wages (generally speaking) are lower than most of the country. I am attracted to the lower cost of homes currently

Worst - Sarasota (for obvious reasons)

Best - anywhere else

overama said: Worst - Sarasota (for obvious reasons)

Best - anywhere else


*giggles*

jomarrod said: what is MILF?

I am considering moving to FL but the problem is their wages (generally speaking) are lower than most of the country. I am attracted to the lower cost of homes currently


You can google the first question.
Yep, wages suck and most larger corporations have left the building.

That's why houses are so cheap right now.

Not sure what you consider surrounding area of Miami but check on Port St. Lucie, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens(Abacoa area is nice), Jupiter.

So, the economy in Florida is as bad as most places?

I don't want to be near Miami because we have a young one, and want a kid friendly, nice neighborhood, far away from riff raft, gangs, and all the trash that goes along with urban areas that aren't so nice; hopefully, we can find really good schools and lots of recreational areas.

Del Boca Vista

qcumber98 said: Del Boca Vista

My friend Bob Sacamanto's dad lives there - condo board president.

I've heard Amelia Island is nice. Ft walton, Destin is nice to me.

I always thought Bradenton was nice. I know a lot of tennis players train there. I've read mixed things about it, however.

Genius069 said: Not sure what you consider surrounding area of Miami but check on Port St. Lucie, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens(Abacoa area is nice), Jupiter.


LMAO @ Port St Lousy. Really, a nice area?

Well, see, first, you take the outline of Florida. Anything inside that outline is the worst place to live in Florida.

JesseLivermore said: So, the economy in Florida is as bad as most places?

It's my understanding that it's much worse than most places in Florida right now.

SUB said: Genius069 said: Not sure what you consider surrounding area of Miami but check on Port St. Lucie, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens(Abacoa area is nice), Jupiter.


LMAO @ Port St Lousy. Really, a nice area?


I've already discovered that Port St. Lucie is basically the scam residential real estate capital, or was, of Florida. There are half-finished homes everywhere, and there are even developments that went up where Florida Power & Light never installed power lines.

How do you get water into or out of your home in Florida without electricity? Everything having to do with sanitary water or sewers must run on electricity down there.

I've never seen more bizarre things than in Port St. Lucie.

JesseLivermore said: How do you get water into or out of your home in Florida without electricity? Everything having to do with sanitary water or sewers must run on electricity down there.

In my house, I could cut the electricity and the water and toilets would work just fine. Is there something that I'm missing here?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014