Magazines for miles - Scam or legit?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I get these offers in mail that you can subscribe to magazines for unused miles. Are these legit? Is is possible that I will get billed for these later?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
It's a legit scam.

i've never used my miles for magazines, but i use them to send flowers.

They are legit if you see them listed under the airline's partnerships.

I have redeemed miles for magazines in the past however it's poor value and you're better off using them for flights.

I have like 4000 miles for one family member and 10000 on other. They are all US airways miles which I am not going to fly again ever in my life

king0fSpades said: I have like 4000 miles for one family member and 10000 on other. They are all US airways miles which I am not going to fly again ever in my life

Good for you, me either!

king0fSpades said: I have like 4000 miles for one family member and 10000 on other. They are all US airways miles which I am not going to fly again ever in my life

DH has only 4k-ish miles with USAirways too & just got one of those magazine mailers. I've traded in miles for magazines before & had good results. I wish they had more kid-oriented mags, but I got Money & Sports Illustrated for Kids & that was fine with me. I won't be flying them again so I just plan to run out the miles with these magazine offers as time goes by.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014