Free Vehicles for Garmin nuvi GPS Units

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Most people know you can get free vehicles directly from Garmin (at garmingarage.com) but I stumbled across this site and thought I would share it:

Garmin Vehicles

It's updated every Tuesday, and many of the files are pretty high quality.

Now if we could just get some free voices !!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

How about free updates?

At garmin, there is an elf voice in the holiday pack, but I think I'll take the stock voice over it!

bpd67 said: How about free updates?I hear you on the updates -- if you find any let me know. I found some places selling the lifetime update card for around $80 (normally $120 from Garmin) but nothing for free!!

GeorgeGarman said: At garmin, there is an elf voice in the holiday pack, but I think I'll take the stock voice over it!But the elf voice would go so well with your avatar!

Here is a neat little free program that lets you change the words that the voice says:
TTS Voice Editor

You can also change the speed and volume, but you can't really create a new voice. I tried the software this past weekend on the "Samantha" voice and it worked like a charm. Just type in anything you want and the voice will say it!

THANKS! I can barely stand to use the Garmin because the exasperated tone of her voice for "reCALCULATING" makes me mad. And I have already tired of using the broom as my vehicle (my pretty).

cool, thanks. I am now the bat mobile

I'm looking for a jogger for "pedestrian" mode. LOL

kirbydog said: THANKS! I can barely stand to use the Garmin because the exasperated tone of her voice for "reCALCULATING" makes me mad. And I have already tired of using the broom as my vehicle (my pretty).

at least garmin does the recalculating. (and i don't mind her voice.) the tomtom i bought would just keep you going left until you get back to where you are supposed to be. i love my garmin. gave the tomtom away.

i'm gonna have to download the boeing 777 ... i think dh would like that. although i wish there was a helicopter.

pecanpie said: i'm gonna have to download the boeing 777 ... i think dh would like that. although i wish there was a helicopter.

Garmin web site has 2 helicopters among their 107 vehicles at the Garmin Garage. I just changed mine to Float Trip(canoe with a cooler in it).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014