• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hey Guys

Me and my wife currently insure our two vehicles through Geico, we pay $5.70 a month for each vehicle for their Emergency Roadside Assistance which adds up to $136 a year for two vehicles.
our two vehicles are
2004 Mazda6 Sportwagon with 63,000 Miles
2004 Toyota Corolla S with 52,000 Miles
I just came off a lease on a VW where I had roadside assistance covered in my Warranty but now i'm into an older vehicle Roadside assistance is more of a concern.
I was looking at AAA's coverages and have heard various stories good and bad about their service.
The only time we used Geico's was when my wife got a flat and they came out and replaced it for her.

I'm wondering if you guys have any input, any good / bad experiences with either and if you think its worth switching to AAA Based on what i'm paying VS what AAA Charge for their coverage ?

Interested to hear your opinions !!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
We have AARP (hubby qualifies), and get their Roadside Assist. $35/year. Great coverage!

ETA: We are covered in any vehicle we are riding in not classified as commercial, no matter who owns it.

Unfortunately I think i'm a few years away ( 31 ) but good to know

USAA roadside assistance ftw!

I actually wrk at Geico in the ERS Deartment, your cvrages under your policy are: Towing(if veh. is mechanically disabled) you will be cvrd mileage equvilant to the nearest dealer or up to 5 mi, which ever affords the most cvrage, we will, as you mentioned, have a comapny come out nd put your spare on,if the tire is flat, if you battery is dead we will have a company come out and jumpstart your vehicle, if the keys to the vehicle are lost stolen or broken we will cvr up to $100.00 for the remake of said key(not to include making duplicates keys), and if they keys to the vehicle are locked in the car we can have company come out and unlock your vehicle, one cvrage AAA has over Geico ERS is that AAA actually follows the person, where Geico ERS is a vehicle related only cvrage.

And sorry I forgot to mention, I know AAA is $97.00 a year for towing up to 100 miles(also includes the same cvrages as Geico, minus the key remaking service), which actually when you think about it, it isnt that bad, being that a normal 10 mi tow can be easily $100.00 or more, I dnt know which state you live in but in upstate Cali. and NY,the Hook Fee is $75.00 and the mileage is $10.00 a mile for a tow, honestly and this is in an unbiased opinion, yes I know I wrk at Geico, but AAA would be the better bet the 100 mi limit for $97.00 a year is a great deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014