• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My auction ended (item ~ $160) and I've already received PP payment. The user has 100% positive feedback (634) and has been an eBay member since 1999, so I'm not too concerned, but the Paypal email indicates that I am not eligible for seller protection. His shipping address is a confirmed address. So why would I be ineligible for seller protection? In this case, it doesn't seem like much of a risk given his history. Does anyone disagree?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Is the item virtual/non-tangible? That can prevent coverage.

If you're not sure why, you may want to check with PayPal directly - they may or may not be able to review the transaction and tell you why its not marked eligible.

It's a tangible tech item...

Don't trust the emails. I just sold an item and received a payment this morning that said "Seller Protection - Not Eligible". PayPal page shows "Seller Protection: Eligible".

Just checked -- the Paypal web site does show that I'm eligible...
thanks

This is a fluke that has been driving me crazy with most of my eBay orders lately. The email often says "not eligible", but the transaction details page in PayPal does show that it's eligible. Wish they'd fix it though, don't like to see that in the email notice!

A confirmed glitch with PP eMail....

Just be sure the details payment page indicates
seller protection

I've noticed this on the last few items I've sold. They should be embarrassed that a glitch like that has not been fixed for so long.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014