Wii U reseller Ebay thread...

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I don't anticipate the unprecedented demand of the Wii 6 years ago, but the Wii U could very well be the most in demand toy of the Christmas season.

I am sitting on 2 preorders, and am encouraged to see the below ending price for an auction on the deluxe.

Wii U on Ebay

Retail is $349.99, release date is November 18. Preorders sold out very quickly at GameStop and Best Buy.

Anyone else planning to buy and resell these this Christmas season?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm not doing any preorders but if this thing is anything like the original Wii, I'm in for some campouts

Anyone now thinking of buying to resell these? I have 5 preorders, and looking to stand in line to get 1 on launch day. Will probably sell them locally on Craig's List.

Good to see some familiar faces from last time around. Let's see how this goes, the retail price is the not so great part this time around. But I think Nintendo won't be able to churn these out as quickly as the original due to the new controller, which could lead to more profits.

Overall I'm in the same boat as everyone... got two preorders that should come in at launch and two more that are marked shipped and on their way by ups... however, I haven't listed these on eBay yet because wanted them in hand just in case a preorder gets cancelled, etc...... I will probably stop by a few more stores tomorrow and see how things look and possibly pick up a few more. I just posted another question about if there is a wii u availability thread, not just for reselling but in the general forum for people to get one in general. anyway, lets get this thing started!!!

FWIW:
This guy seems to be doing okay reselling Wii U's: http://township2.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-i-made-11400-selling-w...

I just got my 4 deluxe Wii U preorders today. Looking at prices on my local CL and on eBay shows prices are pretty low. $425 + $15 shipping. Retail was $349 + tax. Here's to hoping that prices go up (way up) by xmas. I guess the idea is to hold on to them for now? Selling at that price would be almost a loss.

Definitely not looking good right now, problem with this system, is most people have absolutely never heard of it. The Wii was a lot more well marketed, those commercials were on constantly.

The Deluxe was available on GameStop.com for hours this morning, maybe Nintendo really did anticipate production. If I remember correctly prices started going crazy for the Wii on Thanksgiving Day. If things don't turn around in the next 2 weeks, I'll take even a $40 profit, there's always people who just want convenience.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014