• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Here's the deal.

I sold an item (Star Wars Clone Wars) for the LeapPad Explorer. This item works fine in my Son's Leapster Leappad without an issue. It sold and I shipped right on time. The buy states it does not work in their children's Leadster Explorer (Note that this games box states for Leapster Explorer Learning game). They state it should work in both the Leapster Explorer AND the tablet which is all I know it works in. When they place it in their children's Leapster Explorer (Non Tablet) it gives a blank screen. I went through every necessary thing I could and I asked them to ship it back to me and I would cover the shipping if it doesn't work. Well I receive it today and it works fine in the Leappad Explorer. What should I do in this case? I don't want negative feedback, since I have a perfect record on eBay. To be fair, since it does work, I will accept the return of the items price minus any shipping to/from since it works. What do you guys think? Basically sold an item that works, customer receives it, and uses it in a different device other than mine, and would like a refund. I can't find online anywhere people discussing this. They state the game is supposed to work in both. I'm clueless..

Thanks in advance for any advice to get this settled!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You refund, thank them for their business, apologize for the inconvenience, and wish them well. Both sides tried to do the right thing. If you want to go above and beyond, cover the shipping, and they'll love you forever. It's not worth the time to chase it further.

And put them on your eBay blocked buyer list!

I explained to them that I would refund the item amount but since it wasn't not defective, I will not refund the shipping. All in all trying to be fair. I even sent them pictures of it working. Just waiting for a response. Thanks for the advice!

BlackRob said:   I explained to them that I would refund the item amount but since it wasn't not defective, I will not refund the shipping. All in all trying to be fair. I even sent them pictures of it working. Just waiting for a response. Thanks for the advice!

Buyer protection covers original shipping. If you don't refund at least that, you are asking for them to either open a case or leave you bad feedback. You are not required to pay for shipping to send it back to you. Its obviously appreciated by the buyer, not not required. 'Fair' doesn't enter into it. Even if you pay for shipping both ways, buyer can still leave you bad feedback if they are so inclined, so if you are worried about feedback, my advice would be to do anything you can to make them happy.

UPDATE: After viewing the pictures I showed the customer of the item working in my system, we both came to terms that they will not get the shipping refunded. I went ahead and cancelled the transaction after that for fee refunds, etc. and all is good... Thanks for all the feedback!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014