• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm just wondering how the hell I pay for the postage? I have a little First-Class Mail Parcel envelope (3 oz) w/eDC and it appears to only be offering me a "Continue without paying postage" option. The Pay for Postage button is always greyed out. Was I supposed to link this program with the USPS site? And even more confusing, you don't think I can find f'all in the way of an answer to something this basic from within Click-N-Ship's help file. Just ridiculous.

I'd appreciate a straight answer from my friends and figured I'd post this in Auctions since that's where the shipping issues generally live. Help me out here guys, what am I doing wrong?

TYTBUDGET

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Create Shipping Labels

Domestic Shipping Label generates a single-ply barcode label for Express Mail®, Delivery Confirmation™ or Signature Confirmation™ bar-coded labels for Priority Mail®, First-Class Mail® Parcels, First-Class Package Service™ Parcels, and Package Services (Parcel Post®, Media Mail®, and Library Mail). If integrated with a postage meter or e-VS® functionality, users can include insurance, print postage, and capture weight.

Never used it myself ... but quick look at the manual makes me think unless you are integrated with postage meter or e-VS, then you can't pay for the postage using the program. However, I am quite open to being told I am wrong.

Pretty sure you can't print postage for 1st class parcels using Click 'n' Ship. If you have a PayPal account, use multi-order shipping Link and choose 'create a order' to fill in the info.

Thanks guys. A better link for the Paypal "Shipping Center" is:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/shipping/Center

Since I've never used Paypal to pre-pay/generate a shipping label, can I ask:
What if the postage-paid label I want to generate isn't sourced from any invoice or auction sale? Can I use this Paypal utility for (eg.) bulky correspondence, or is it only available for sold goods?

How do the discounted eDC fees on First Class Mail Parcels compare between Click-N-Ship vs. Paypal's online utility? I've just always used Shipping Assistant (now Click-N-Ship, er, I think lol not really sure why there are two but wtf) so I'd like to know what extra fees Paypal imposes for this. Thanks guys.

TYTIE

PayPal shipping can be used for anything. I've been using it for years on non-auction shipments.

Here is the Paypal single-label shipment form if your shipping needs are less complex.

The eDC fees are the same regardless of platform. The DC charge is determined based on class of postage (i.e, first class or priority) and whether PC postage is used or not. So, whether you use Click N Ship or Paypal, the postage fee will be the same as long as you enter the same shipment info.

PayPal charges the user no fee for using their shipping tools. The single-shipment form does let you choose the payment method for each individual shipment so you can charge to a CC if you like. The Multiorder form defaults to account balance, though IIRC there's a way to change the default to CC. Someone who uses MOS more often than me could give better info on that.

Brian, thanks friend. Simple answer, uncomplicated.

Hey, tlaxson . . .

Is there a permanent link to that Paypal page you gave me? It just drives me nuts how Paypal drops you somewhere on their site and you have no idea of its WHERE. I'd like to bookmark it, but the URL is just one long string of encryption garbage. Surely this form lives somewhere permanently on Paypal's site before it generates its session string? Very frustrating!!

EDIT:

Well it looks like fishie's original link (above) is the closest you can get to anything permanent:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

I don't understand why Paypal has chosen a strictly command-line script to access the utility but at least for anyone else reading this thread I can put them out of their misery and tell them that there is no (URL) WHERE there. Kind of silly imho.

Tyt, the URL for the sigle-shipment for without any session junk is https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Fishie gave you the Multi-order form, it's https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_bulk-ship

I've had the first one bookmarked for years so don't know if it's linked anywhere on the Paypal anymore. Both above have been prevented from autolinking so Tyt can get the base URLs.

So much drama for such a simple utility tsk. Thanks for distinguishing the two for me tlaxson, I have them both recorded. Happy gobble everybody.

TYTIE

This is already extremely useful, thanks so much!

But does anyone know if there are other similar utilities? Perhaps ones that are cheaper?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.