Ebay feedback - Who Posts first?

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just started selling a few things on eBay, and I am not really sure here, but who usually leaves feedback first? I am guessing based on the two auctions that have been completed, shipped, and package received that people expect the seller to leave it first. It doesn't seem that I really have any recourse if the buyer ends up being crappy anyhow, since I can't leave neutral or negative feedback. Thanks.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seller goes first
But FB is not required.

pthor1231 said:   Just started selling a few things on eBay, and I am not really sure here, but who usually leaves feedback first? I am guessing based on the two auctions that have been completed, shipped, and package received that people expect the seller to leave it first. It doesn't seem that I really have any recourse if the buyer ends up being crappy anyhow, since I can't leave neutral or negative feedback. Thanks.

Its not required on either side. My recommendation would be to leave your feedback on the same day (or maybe even a day after) your package arrives. If the buyer sees their score go up by one AND they have already received and enjoyed your item, they are more likely to respond in kind. If you leave it right away, by the time their package gets there, they won't have any reminder to leave you feedback.

And you have no recourse if the buyer is unhappy, so you leaving feedback first doesn't really affect that.

Buyer does first. Seller does have a choice, they can either leave positive feedback or no feedback.

As a buyer I get it first, if a seller ask for it he will never get any.
If he asks again I willleave and it be negative.

I leave feedback after the buyer pays. A buyer should never have to ask for feedback.

yesidonoitall said:   As a buyer I get it first, if a seller ask for it he will never get any.

Wow...really? What if it's a new seller trying to establish a good selling feedback with eBay? You're really going to neg him because he asked you for feedback twice? I hope I don't do business with you although I don't care for feedback.

applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall said:   As a buyer I get it first, if a seller ask for it he will never get any.

Wow...really? What if it's a new seller trying to establish a good selling feedback with eBay? You're really going to neg him because he asked you for feedback twice? I hope I don't do business with you although I don't care for feedback.

I have had sellers tell me, if I leave them feedback they will do the same
What planet is this guy from?
He wants me to leave it, first forget it.
And so what if he is establishing himself, the first rule is be a good seller.
And a good seller will include a packing slip, I should not have to ask for one in the note section of the payment which most are to stupid to even notice.
I always do, and 1/2 the time I do not get one....
I ask for one, I don't get one, watch out.
One even had the audacity to ask me
what is a packing slip.

yesidonoitall said:   applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall said:   As a buyer I get it first, if a seller ask for it he will never get any.

And a good seller will include a packing slip, I should not have to ask for one in the note section of the payment which most are to stupid to even notice.
what is a packing slip.

I need your eBay user id so that I can add it to my blocked bidder list!!!!

sloppy1 said:   yesidonoitall said:   applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall said:   As a buyer I get it first, if a seller ask for it he will never get any.

what is a packing slip.

I need your eBay user id so that I can add it to my blocked bidder list!!!!

I would think a blocked buyer would be smart enough to just buy using another id....

yesidonoitall said:   applepielicious said:   yesidonoitall said:   As a buyer I get it first, if a seller ask for it he will never get any.

what is a packing slip.

This is the problem with eBay nowadays, for a seller its always an uphill struggle satisfying the buyer, as per your comment. Most sellers are just someone trying to get fraction of what they paid for an item for a little extra cash, yet the buyer expects better than retail service. Someone didn't know what a packing slip was? Big deal, its not there full-time career selling stuff. I never leave feedback for a buyer unless they take the time to leave feedback for me. I ship on-time, I describe items 100% and if that's not enough for them to leave me feedback first then I don't know what is. Big wow if they paid me for an item, the seller has to do far much more to deserve the feedback, so go easy on em.

RE:
g the buyer, as per your comment. Most sellers are just someone trying to get fraction of what they paid for an item for a little extra cash, yet the buyer expects better than retail service. Someone didn't know what a packing slip was? Big deal, its not there full-time career selling stuff.

I like your insinuation.
eBay needs an eBay2 for the serious sellers and buyers,
leave the original for selling grannys old underwear and your old hammer.

eBay can do away with the feedback system.
Buyers or sellers are well protected using Paypal.

yesidonoitall said:   I like your insinuation.
eBay needs an eBay2 for the serious sellers and buyers,
leave the original for selling grannys old underwear and your old hammer.

It is called Amazon, shop there instead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014