Selling to 0 feedback buyer.....

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi all,

I just sold my Wii U to a buyer with 0 feedback on eBay (it was a Buy It Now auction). I've done a little bit more research and discovered the bidder opened his account on the 2nd of Nov, it seems not signed up just for this auction. I really worry it would happen again on me since I got scammed twice by zero feedback eBay bidders before. I'm just wondering what precautions (if any) I can take to prevent getting screwed over. Am I just being paranoid?

Cheers,

Happy Thanksgiving

Member Summary

cant do shit, except ship with signature to the address provided by PP

Cenbit said:   Hi all,

I just sold my Wii U to a buyer with 0 feedback on eBay (it was a Buy It Now auction). I've done a little bit more research and discovered the bidder opened his account on the 2nd of Nov, it seems not signed up just for this auction. I really worry it would happen again on me since I got scammed twice by zero feedback eBay bidders before. I'm just wondering what precautions (if any) I can take to prevent getting screwed over. Am I just being paranoid?

Cheers,

Happy Thanksgiving

I am generally not bothered by them, they sign up to buy a laptop or cell because they needed one.
When I did sell some prepaid straightalk $45 refills I priced them at $500.00 with
BEST OFFER
and stated
Best offer of $43.00 will be accepted if you have at least 20 eBay feedback or have bought from me before.....
Using Best offer I could screen the buyer.

Side note:

As a buyer I never lost a SNAD case, maybe 20 in the last year, on ALL eBay either provided the return label for the item or refunded me and made no order to return the items.
I have 12 Straightalk phones here ready to return if the sellers pay for the return.
To win these, I have found the once the seller responds, you can escalate it and have eBay decide the outcome.

As a seller, I always won the chargeback attempts on laptops....6 or so.

I would make sure you buy shipping on eBay after they pay you through eBay/paypal. Do not ship to them if they send you money directly to paypal and you will win any case. You should be fine other than that.

I listed a Gift Card on eBay, buyer gets the PIN number via email. I said this in my listing:

" You must be registered with eBay for at least 1 year and have 10 positive feedback. Your billing and shipping address must be same. eBay and PayPal account must be in your name. If you do not meet these requirements, your transaction will be cancelled."

Guess who bought my item? A New buyer Registered on 12/12 with 0 feedback. I want to cancel the transaction. Any thought?

zmaster said:   I listed a Gift Card on eBay, buyer gets the PIN number via email. I said this in my listing:

" You must be registered with eBay for at least 1 year and have 10 positive feedback. Your billing and shipping address must be same. eBay and PayPal account must be in your name. If you do not meet these requirements, your transaction will be cancelled."

Guess who bought my item? A New buyer Registered on 12/12 with 0 feedback. I want to cancel the transaction. Any thought?

I sell refill cell phone prepaid phone cards, set for $500 BIN
with Best Offer
I state $87.50 (2 $45 cards)
Or 2 $30 cards for $58.00 (Bin $500) in another listing.
will be the accepted offer buy you must have 10 feedback or have bought from me before.
I do get under offers and from newbies, doing this I can choose the buyer who looks ok.
I do mail the card with DC but also send the code if asked.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014