• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I described a clothing item as Large, but mentioned that it fits like a medium. In the description I provided extensive measurements for the item.

The buyer, after winning, messaged me and said he made a mistake as he really wanted a size medium, and that he made a mistake due to the auction's title and description. Then he asked me to cancel the auction.

I really don't want to risk the negative feedback. And I heard that item cancellations show up on your account. I feel like if I cancel, all of the power rests in this guys hands to screw me over if he wants to.

What's worse is that I tried to explain how the item I sold fits, that it's smaller than usual even for the brand it comes from, and he just replied with a snippy response like, "I know what I'm doing."

I'm so wary of getting bad feedback. What do?

Member Summary

If you're worried about bad feedback, you are much more likely to get it if you don't cancel the transaction.

Why do you want to complete the transaction with this guy?

Just cancel and move on.

rhino850 said:   Just cancel and move on.

I've had asshats want to cancel a sale, then not complete the mutual cancellation procedure, leaving me unable to open an Unpaid Item Dispute, so I'm out the FVFs!

MachoKancho said:   

I'm so wary of getting bad feedback. What do?

Personally, I wouldn't let them cancel and ding them with a non-payment mark...when they don't pay. It seems like the non-paying buyers have been getting out of hand. Bidding is supposed to be binding transaction.

ganda said:   rhino850 said:   Just cancel and move on.

I've had asshats want to cancel a sale, then not complete the mutual cancellation procedure, leaving me unable to open an Unpaid Item Dispute, so I'm out the FVFs!

I always wondered whether I can open Unpaid IF buyer refuses mutual cancellation. eBay needs to fix this!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014