Bought an auction - seller refuses to sell

Archived From: Online Auction Info
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
On christmas I bought a late model laptop that was missing a few parts on eBay for <50$. I have a hard drive and ram to throw in there and a new motherboard will cost about 120$. The machine is worth at least 600$. I paid and the seller sent a message saying he relisted and to get my money back. I want to computer, and not my money back. I understand eBay contracts are legally enforceable. Do I have any leverage in this situation to get my computer?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can: 1) leave him a neg 2)decline cancellation if he does send one. Nothing more you can do.

alamo11 said:   On christmas I bought a late model laptop that was missing a few parts on eBay for <50$. I have a hard drive and ram to throw in there and a new motherboard will cost about 120$. The machine is worth at least 600$. I paid and the seller sent a message saying he relisted and to get my money back. I want to computer, and not my money back. I understand eBay contracts are legally enforceable. Do I have any leverage in this situation to get my computer?

RE:
I understand eBay contracts are legally enforceable.

They are.
Get an attorney, he will want a $15,000 retainer.

applepielicious said:   You can: 1) leave him a neg 2)decline cancellation if he does send one. Nothing more you can do.

Decline cancellation and seller will eat the final cost fees. Probably he mistakenly listed the item and you bought it before he caught it. His loss. In any case, if too good to be true...

rsuaver said:   applepielicious said:   You can: 1) leave him a neg 2)decline cancellation if he does send one. Nothing more you can do.

Decline cancellation and seller will eat the final cost fees. Probably he mistakenly listed the item and you bought it before he caught it. His loss. In any case, if too good to be true...

RE:
Decline cancellation and seller will eat the final cost fees

That what they say, but as a seller a phone to eBay will almost suredly get the FVF credited.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014